Homosexual Waiter Says He Was Refused Tip Because Of His Sexual Orientation

They never said, I never asked. Again there is no way the detailed writing makes any sense unless he told them he was gay or he made it up.

Do you know those two names. Did you watch them on game shows back in the day.

You could try honesty. I ask a direct, simple question, you offer a direct, simple answer.

Were you under the impression that Charles Nelson Reilly and Paul Lynde were straight.

I did not know there were homosexuals growing up. Not something that ever came up. As for mannerisms one should never judge another solely on how they act. As I said I never asked and they never told. As I understand it Rock Hudson was a homosexual..... could you tell he was? Unless someone announces it or tells me I prefer not to assume anything about their personal private life. For one thing it is none of my business.

Same thing growing up, we had no idea what homosexuals were. Hence, we weren't making assumptions about other peoples' sexuality. That information was not discussed publically and it most certainly was not paraded in public.

I did not know there were homosexuals growing up. Not something that ever came up. As for mannerisms one should never judge another solely on how they act. As I said I never asked and they never told. As I understand it Rock Hudson was a homosexual..... could you tell he was? Unless someone announces it or tells me I prefer not to assume anything about their personal private life. For one thing it is none of my business.

Okay. I'm sorry you'd rather die than admit to something that might cause to reconsider the point you are arguing.

Carry on.

Calling me a liar is so fun isn't it? I never assumed they were gay it simply never occurred to me to make that assumption. Just as it does not occur to me to assume anyone else is bi or gay or straight. If they want me to know their personal sexual persuasion then they will have to tell me or announce it to the media.

The detail in the note is to much, that is not something people would say if they were making an assumption.

The detail in the note, as presented does rather lend itself to an anti-religious narrative, though. Just observe the assumptions made by some posting in this thread.

Well. Is my face red. I thought you guys were my age. I was in my early 20's when Match Game and Hollywood Squares went off the air. Of course if you were just kids then no. Of course you wouldn't know.

Derp.

Well. Is my face red. I thought you guys were my age. I was in my early 20's when Match Game and Hollywood Squares went off the air. Of course if you were just kids then no. Of course you wouldn't know.

Derp.

I remember when Lynde and Reilly actually did something other than stupid game shows. I.e. Paul Lynde was Uncle Arthur on "Bewitched", and Charles Reilly was the ghost's nephew on "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir".

Derp.

I remember when Lynde and Reilly actually did something other than stupid game shows. I.e. Paul Lynde was Uncle Arthur on "Bewitched", and Charles Reilly was the ghost's nephew on "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir".

Okay, now this is getting confusing. You're going in the opposite direction, which means either we're the same age, or you're older.

I had a crush on him on The Ghost. I realized it was fruitless when he started with the game shows. And those shows were NOT stupid, right [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION]?

Kansas...home of the Westboro Baptist Church.

I ask again, HOW did they know he was gay?

I'm not sure why you need to ask this question three times. You've never seen an obviously gay person before? You've never seen a man with effeminate behavior and knew that dude was gay? Seriously??

You're being purposely obtuse.
I've seen men with effeminate behavior who were straight as Christmas. Means nothing.

I agree the cock-slobber had plenty of incentive to make himself out to be the victim for whatever reason. Maybe he hates Christians.

How do you know that? I don't "hate" homosexuals but frankly I find homosexuality disgusting...especially male homosexuality. There is no way I feel comfortable having someone who makes frequent or even occasional contact with feces handle my food or drink or what they are served and eaten with. Ya...I'm sure there is nothing real to fear from butt fuckers or fuckee's or dick suckers or suckee's but when I'm paying money for the food and the service I like to be comfortable.

HAHAHAHahhaahaahaaaa... oooh.. so, you don't shit, eh? Or is it that you don't use TP when you're done? And this is true of all the people with whom you hang out? Wow... where'd you find them? Oh.. yeah... I guess they weren't hard to sniff out, were they.

Many serious diseases are transfered via feces. Many serious diseases are transfered via blood exposure. You can say my concerns are irrational but again... I don't pay for someone else's comfort when dining out.

I think you do. Why else go to a facility built to feed, say, a hundred people simultaneously? Why go out at all? For much less money you can prepare your own meal exactly as you wish, sit at home all alone and not risk being made to feel uncomfortable by other people... by DIFFERENT people.

The complaint stated in this thread was of a religious nature... I do find THAT irrational. But again the religious bigot still has a right to food service that makes him comfortable and feel like eating.

It is irrational. Every bit of it. But you err here. The bigot (and everyone else) has a right to reject every available food services for any reason. We do NOT have a right to GET food service that makes us feel comfortable or feel like eating.

Gays have or should have every public and personally private right as any straight person.

Guess what? They do.

What they do not have, at least when dealing with me, is the right to impose thier gayness on me in all circustance.

That's an interesting way to express yourself. I really don't know what you mean there with "impose thier (sic) gayness (sic) on" you, but what it sounds like is that you don't believe they have the right to make you gay. Since that's not possible, the next alternative interpretation would be that they don't have the right to expose YOUR gayness. Is that the real issue here?

You can say well HUGGY you do not have to eat in that restaurant...and I you do you will have no say by whom you food is prepared or served. I agree. I wouldn't try to embarrass the homo. I would just get up and leave.

And what if the waiter or his or her manager asked you what was wrong on the way out? What if your wife and kids asked you why you were leaving when they were getting ready to do some chowing down? What would you say to these people? Would you tell them that you were uncomfortable eating food served by someone who gives you the impression of being a homosexual?

I don't need to justify my comfort zone any more than the homo does.

Interesting euphemism for bigotry. But if you really don't need to justify yourself, what are you doing here?

Last edited:
Here we go again. I personally think this guy is making it up. He is trying to copycat that negro waitress from Red Lobster who claimed the customer left the word 'Nigg*r' on her tip receipt. What is it with these deranged minorities?

Anti-gay customers refuse tip to server, other patrons rally - KCTV5

Quote:
A 20-year-old waiter provided exemplary service at an Overland Park Italian restaurant, but his anti-gay customers refused to tip him because of his sexual orientation.

As word has spread through social media, other customers are coming in to offer words of encouragement and tip the young server extra.

Quote:
His mother also works as a hostess and she was very upset by what was written on the back of the check earlier this week after he waited on a couple.

I'm with you Steve. The story sounds fake - just another bid for a good place in the crowded 'victim' gallery.

Generally speaking few people get tips in Sweden. Waiters etc get paid by their employers just like everyone else.

Thank you all for this hilarious thread!

Assuming this story is true is worth a nice laugh, especially after the similar story of the waitress that was discussed in some depth on this site. :lol:

Assuming that no one would write the alleged note because they couldn't be 100% certain the waiter is gay is also pretty damn laughable. Because no one ever assumes they know a person is gay! Especially not anti-gay bigots! :rofl:

This story could be bullshit made up by the waiter to garner sympathy and/or more tips. This story could be true and the customers who wrote it either assumed the waiter was gay based on his effeminate speech or mannerisms, or perhaps he mentioned a boyfriend, who knows?
This story could be a hoax that some third party committed, writing the comments on the check when no one was looking.

Who knows?

But it's fun reading the reactions of so many of you! :lmao:

Assuming this story is true is worth a nice laugh, especially after the similar story of the waitress that was discussed in some depth on this site. :lol:

Assuming that no one would write the alleged note because they couldn't be 100% certain the waiter is gay is also pretty damn laughable. Because no one ever assumes they know a person is gay! Especially not anti-gay bigots! :rofl:

This story could be bullshit made up by the waiter to garner sympathy and/or more tips. This story could be true and the customers who wrote it either assumed the waiter was gay based on his effeminate speech or mannerisms, or perhaps he mentioned a boyfriend, who knows?
This story could be a hoax that some third party committed, writing the comments on the check when no one was looking.

Who knows?

The waiter's name is not known. Kinda hard to go for the sympathy vote.

Bigotry exist and waiters and waitress are an easy target. Black against white, white against black, gay against straight and straight against gay, etc, etc. The story is believable because it happens so often. Not often with a written note on the bill, but it is pretty common and clear to servers when they get shafted out of a tip.

Who knows?

Did you read the article in the OP?

According to that, a former pastor went to the restaurant to support the waiter, was seated by his mother, etc. So the fact that the article doesn't give the waiter's name doesn't mean this could not have been done for sympathy.

Hell, it could have been done to garner sympathy from the friends, family, or co-workers of the waiter.

Garnering sympathy is not only about the public at large.

:lol:

Who knows?

Did you read the article in the OP?

According to that, a former pastor went to the restaurant to support the waiter, was seated by his mother, etc. So the fact that the article doesn't give the waiter's name doesn't mean this could not have been done for sympathy.

Hell, it could have been done to garner sympathy from the friends, family, or co-workers of the waiter.

Garnering sympathy is not only about the public at large.

:lol:

Uh-huh.

You don't like people much, do ya. ;)

Either that, or you're INCREDIBLY conniving, and think everybody else is as well.

Forum List

Back