Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Homosexuals - Born or Turn

Born or Turn

• Born

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Turn

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
A male family member of mine is married to a woman who at one point was a lesbian. She had been for many many years until she met him. Now he and she are married and have two beautiful children.

my gay friends tell me they think homosexuality is a combination of nature and nurture... predisposition and environment... in much the same way as not everyone who smokes will get lung cancer.

as for your family member's wife, well, she's certainly bi-sexual. and you don't know what they have agreed upon in terms of their life. do you know if she has affairs with women while being married to him? do you know what their sex life is like? to be fair, there is also some research that for women there is *more* of a choice element than for men.

just because someone chooses to have a particular life outwardly doesn't mean that they are consistent with that internally. we know that many men live closeted lives and had wives and families.

the question is and always was, do you want to force people to live false lives for the comfort of those in society who hate them?

I tend to agree with what your gays friends told you.

You're right. I don't know what they have agreed upon as far as their relationship is concerned, nor do I want to know. That is their business, not mine. They are happy and good parents, doing a wonderful job at raising their children. Who the hell am I to judge their decisions in regards to their sexual preferences. Ha! Me of all people.

No sure if your last question is directed at me or anyone who happens into this thread, so answering for myself only ... no. I have no need to force anyone to live a false life for the comfort of those who hate them. I work with and am friends with many gays and lesbians. Do I get irritated with those who feel they constantly have to let people know they are gay? Yes, I do. Thankfully there is only a select few who feel the need.

No one is stopping you from your homosexual ways, the fact is as I have shown, homosexuality does harm society. Here's a small example:

* 33% of homosexuals ADMIT to minor/adult sex (7)
* There is a notable homosexual group, consisting of thousands of members, known as the North American Man and Boy Love Association ( NAMBLA). This is a child molesting homosexual group whose cry is "SEX BEFORE 8 BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE." This group can be seen marching in most major homosexual parades across the United States
* Homosexuals commit more than 33% of all reported child molestations in the United States, which, assuming homosexuals make up 2% of the population, means that 1 in 20 homosexuals is a child molestor, while 1 in 490 heterosexuals is a child molestor (19)
* 73% of all homosexuals have had sex with boys under 19 years of age (9)
* Many homosexuals admit that they are pedophiles: "The love between men and boys is at the foundation of homosexuality" (22)
* Because homosexuals can't reproduce naturally, they resort to recruiting children. Homosexuals can be heard chanting "TEN PERCENT IS NOT ENOUGH, RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT" in their homosexual parades. A group called the "Lesbian Avengers" prides itself on trying to recruit young girls. They print "WE RECRUIT" on their literature. Some other homosexuals aren't as overt about this, but rather try to infiltrate society and get into positions where they will have access to the malleable minds of young children (e.g., the clergy, teachers, Boy Scout leaders, etc.) (8). See the DC Lesbian Avengers web page, and DC Lesbian Avengers Press Release, where they threaten to recruit little boys and girls. Also, see AFA Action Alert.

The rest, along with sources can be found here.

How about a link to the actual scientific studies that support your claims and not just the so called statistics from a catholic web site. And do you really want to use a catholic source of info when they have a large number of gay priests and child molesters in their ranks?

And how many hetero people have had sex with minors?

And until you can get your head out of your ass and open your eyes stop calling everyone who disagrees with you a homo. It makes you look even more narrow minded and parochial or it could be projection.

Really why do gay people scare you so much?

Spin, spin, spin your homosexual lifestyle all you want, it's still a vile and disgusting lifestyle.

I'm scared of no one so don't flatter yourself.

And I'm not gay. If you ever got a look at my wife you'd know that in a second. The fact that you call everyone else a homo is however a point of concern.

According to the psychiatric definition:

projection : A defense mechanism, operating unconsciously, in which what is emotionally unacceptable in the self is unconsciously rejected and attributed (projected) to others.

I think you may have a problem.

You can spin the truth anyway you want, but you're only fooling yourself. If you wish to believe male child molesters that molest small boys aren't gay then you're dumber than you look.

As for recruiting? You say that, that doesn't happen? Hmmmm... check this out and this.

the point, for the hopelessly homophobic, is that the incidence os homosexual pedophilia is extraordinarily minute.

most pedophiles are heterosexual.

A male family member of mine is married to a woman who at one point was a lesbian. She had been for many many years until she met him. Now he and she are married and have two beautiful children.

I also know a girl who was a lesbian in high school and college and a few years ago met a man and now they are married, these things happen sometimes on both sides gay and straight, I don't sexuality is just black and white there is more to it than that.

The woman I spoke of in my original post, was sexually abused by her dad's friends when she was a little girl. She grew up hating men.

I also know a girl who was a lesbian in high school and college and a few years ago met a man and now they are married, these things happen sometimes on both sides gay and straight, I don't sexuality is just black and white there is more to it than that.

The woman I spoke of in my original post, was sexually abused by her dad's friends when she was a little girl. She grew up hating men.

Thats unfortunate that happened, I know there are some women who choose the Lesbian life style because they also hate men.

Thats unfortunate that happened, I know there are some women who choose the Lesbian life style because they also hate men.

I'm still of the mind that the "why" doesn't matter.

Every person has the right to live in the manner that brings them the most happiness and satisfaction as long as in doing so the rights of another are not violated.

Shouldn't that be the standard here?

I'm still of the mind that the "why" doesn't matter.

Every person has the right to live in the manner that brings them the most happiness and satisfaction as long as in doing so the rights of another are not violated.
Shouldn't that be the standard here?

You are correct.

Do you believe that homosexuals and bisexuals are born that way and it is in their genes, or that it's a life choice and they choose to be homosexual or bisexual? I believe that homosexuals/bisexuals choose to be gay/lesbian/bi. Currently no scientific evidence supports that homosexuals are born homosexual.

Where does current scientific evidence support that anyone is born anything? I can easily site studies that prove that sexual choice is neither the result of genetics or environment, which means that the only answer to the question in your poll is no one knows yet.

I think many more people are Bi than we know.

Turning may be NOT turning but recognizing what is already part of your nature.

I have always siad IF if was really a choice I would have CHOSEN to be Bi.

I was born hetro and am lucky I found a great hetero guy.

But Bi people can just choose THE PERSON.

There is always a choice.

Homosexuality harms society, i.e. domestic violence rate that is 20 times higher than heterosexuals, nearly 1/3 of the child abuse cases are homosexual in nature, and homosexuals are only 3% of the population.

People who practice homosexuality have higher rates of alcohol abuse, drug abuse, nicotine dependence, depression, suicide and the aforementioned domestic violence.

Homosexual behavior is linked with higher rates of promiscuity, physical disease, mental illness, substance abuse, child sexual abuse and domestic violence--all things that impact society negatively. Don't try to say homosexual behavior doesn't hurt society--it is a major force that tears down society and harms children.

Pick a site.

It's not any of your business who a person chooses to partner with.

The whole societal good thing doesn't work for me. This country was founded on individual rights not societal collectivism.

And I as an individual have a right to to choose what or what isn't my business.

Why do you homosexuals get so defensive?

Guess what?

I'm not homosexual, and not only is it not your business, nothing anywhere gives you the right to pick your business if it involves other peoples business. Can I decide my business is to harass you and walk into your house to watch everything you do, or does your privacy outweigh my right to do whatever I want?

In order to believe that homosexuality is a matter or choice one must necessarily be bi-sexual because one who is totally heterosexual cannot conceive of homosexual desire.

Homosexuality is a perfectly natural, although uncommon ("abnormal") condition which has been observed in most other mammalian species. While the cause has not yet been conclusively established there are ongoing studies which convincingly indicate that homosexuality is the result of hormonal imbalance.
QUANTITATIVE SEX HORMONE STUDIES IN HOMOSEXUALITY, CHILDHOOD, AND VARIOUS NEUROPSYCHIATRIC DISTURBANCES -- NEUSTADT and MYERSON 97 (3): 524 -- Am J Psychiatry

The correct answer to the topic question is either. Because homosexuals can be born with hormonal imbalance or it can develop at a later stage in their lives.

Can you prove that homosexuality is the result of hormonal imbalance?

No one is stopping you from your homosexual ways, the fact is as I have shown, homosexuality does harm society. Here's a small example:

and therein lies your problem... the freepers should never be who you get your 'statistics' from...

33% of gay men are NOT pedophilies. now let's try a reali life source...

ooh...here's one:

Members of disliked minority groups are often stereotyped as representing a danger to the majority's most vulnerable members. For example, Jews in the Middle Ages were accused of murdering Christian babies in ritual sacrifices. Black men in the United States were often lynched after being falsely accused of raping White women.

In a similar fashion, gay people have often been portrayed as a threat to children. Back in 1977, when Anita Bryant campaigned successfully to repeal a Dade County (FL) ordinance prohibiting anti-gay discrimination, she named her organization "Save Our Children," and warned that "a particularly deviant-minded [gay] teacher could sexually molest children" (Bryant, 1977, p. 114). [Bibliographic references are on a different web page]

*snip*

Using the fixated-regressed distinction, Groth and Birnbaum (1978) studied 175 adult males who were convicted in Massachusetts of sexual assault against a child. None of the men had an exclusively homosexual adult sexual orientation. 83 (47%) were classified as "fixated;" 70 others (40%) were classified as regressed adult heterosexuals; the remaining 22 (13%) were classified as regressed adult bisexuals. Of the last group, Groth and Birnbaum observed that "in their adult relationships they engaged in sex on occasion with men as well as with women. However, in no case did this attraction to men exceed their preference for women....There were no men who were primarily sexually attracted to other adult males..." (p.180).

Other researchers have taken different approaches, but have similarly failed to find a connection between homosexuality and child molestation. Dr. Carole Jenny and her colleagues reviewed 352 medical charts, representing all of the sexually abused children seen in the emergency room or child abuse clinic of a Denver children's hospital during a one-year period (from July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1992). The molester was a gay or lesbian adult in fewer than 1% in which an adult molester could be identified – only 2 of the 269 cases (Jenny et al., 1994).
Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

given the unreality of your assertions, you might want to find valid sources and not the BS that homophobic loons spread as propaganda.

anyone who believes gays "recruit" heterosexuals and "turn" them has serious issues with their own sexuality.

You can spin the truth anyway you want, but you're only fooling yourself. If you wish to believe male child molesters that molest small boys aren't gay then you're dumber than you look.

As for recruiting? You say that, that doesn't happen? Hmmmm... check this out and this.

Should we also outlaw and fear heterosexuals because there are male child molesters who target little girls? Or even female child molesters who target boys? Does that make all heterosexuals pedophiles, or is there an exception to that rule because you don't like to think about it?

It CAN be both. I KNOW I WAS BORN GAY. My mom had a gay cousin, I NEVER CHOOSE TO BE THIS WAY, feels natural to me, etc.

But I've turned a few former straight and bi dudes fully out so yea.
A choice made when satan influences your life, period. Gay is a sin and abnormal.

It doesn't matter if it's genetic or a conscious choice. Why does anyone care what makes another person happy?

Life's too fucking short people and if another finds happiness in a homosexual relationship I say good for them.

And quite frankly it's nobody's fucking business.

Homosexuality harms society, i.e. domestic violence rate that is 20 times higher than heterosexuals, nearly 1/3 of the child abuse cases are homosexual in nature, and homosexuals are only 3% of the population.

People who practice homosexuality have higher rates of alcohol abuse, drug abuse, nicotine dependence, depression, suicide and the aforementioned domestic violence.

Homosexual behavior is linked with higher rates of promiscuity, physical disease, mental illness, substance abuse, child sexual abuse and domestic violence--all things that impact society negatively. Don't try to say homosexual behavior doesn't hurt society--it is a major force that tears down society and harms children.

Pick a site.

The whole societal good thing doesn't work for me. This country was founded on individual rights not societal collectivism.
I thought it wasn't any of my business until the gays came out of the closet and are now forcing their sickness on us believing they have the same rights as a race or minority, they don't. It is a CHOICE PERIOD!!!!

which fits with what i said about there being slightly more evidence of choice when it comes to women.

Pick a site.

I thought it wasn't any of my business until the gays came out of the closet and are now forcing their sickness on us believing they have the same rights as a race or minority, they don't. It is a CHOICE PERIOD!!!!

It being a choice does not change their rights to privacy and not to be harassed by people like you.

It being a choice does not change their rights to privacy and not to be harassed by people like you.

AF the ignorant lil bigot is clueless, and likely closeted himself. Take it from me man, the vast majority of the time, it AINT a choice.

Wasn't for me, and 99% of my gay friends.

It doesn't matter if it's genetic or a conscious choice. Why does anyone care what makes another person happy?

Life's too fucking short people and if another finds happiness in a homosexual relationship I say good for them.

And quite frankly it's nobody's fucking business.

Pick a site.

Come on, if your going to mention drug abuse you must be specific and state Poppers, inhalants, huffing, basically the modern equivalent to sniffing glue or shoe polish remover. Lets specifically state the high crystal meth-amphetamine use amongst the gays that was a factor in weakening immune systems and spreading AIDS.

Forum List

Back