Honest debate: Libs...would the "AR15-pistol" w 10 Rd mag still be an "Assault Weapon"

It may not prevent the shooting from happening but it could reduce body counts.
Unless you confiscate existing firearms and magazines, it will do nothing to prevent their use in another shooting.
Thus, no effect on body counts.
Not true at all... It's a question of ease of access.
Millions upon millions of 'assault weapons' and hi-cap magazines are already in the hands of the public.
Why do you thiink access will be an issue?

There will be even more millions of weapons and high capacity mags in the hands of the people too, as the push for more gun control by the libtards and politicians heats up.

Indeed. Weapons and ammo are, right now, flying off the shelves faster than they can be restocked. Unintended consequences. Americans, however, aren't stupid - they see what's coming down the road....
Crazy how thats happening yet you all are insisting that Obama is taking your guns away. You all are a bunch of puppets lining the pockets of the gun lobby and they are laughing all the way to the bank. They got you fighting an invisible enemy like a bunch of mindless drones. Newsflash: Nobody is taking your guns away or blocking your right to buy a gun! You can't prove they are either without using some paranoid conspiracy theory about some hidden agenda of the left to disarm.

Unless you confiscate existing firearms and magazines, it will do nothing to prevent their use in another shooting.
Thus, no effect on body counts.
Not true at all... It's a question of ease of access.
Millions upon millions of 'assault weapons' and hi-cap magazines are already in the hands of the public.
Why do you thiink access will be an issue?

There will be even more millions of weapons and high capacity mags in the hands of the people too, as the push for more gun control by the libtards and politicians heats up.

Indeed. Weapons and ammo are, right now, flying off the shelves faster than they can be restocked. Unintended consequences. Americans, however, aren't stupid - they see what's coming down the road....
Crazy how thats happening yet you all are insisting that Obama is taking your guns away. You all are a bunch of puppets lining the pockets of the gun lobby and they are laughing all the way to the bank. They got you fighting an invisible enemy like a bunch of mindless drones. Newsflash: Nobody is taking your guns away or blocking your right to buy a gun! You can't prove they are either without using some paranoid conspiracy theory about some hidden agenda of the left to disarm.

Yeah, and a scalpel was never intended to "take life" - but it does each day, in the butcher shops of the left. When do we ban the use of those?

Well that is the discussion isn't it? What should be legal to sell and what shouldn't
Those who seek to place further restriction on the rights of the law abiding seek the reinstatement of the 1994 AW ban on the manufacture and sale of new weapons; no one has brought up banning the sale of existing weapons.
I guess we have to start somewhere. Stop feeding the supply of assault style (or whatever you want to call them) weapons is a logical first step. But you make a good point that to be more effective the sale and distribution of these weapons should be regulated as well.
You have to admit, it's funny when you think about it. Watch the evening news, pretty much any day of the week. You'll see men, women and kids in the Middle East with full auto AK-47s, Akrs, RPGs, AMERICAN M4s, Humveess, and the like, shooting and killing like crazy.

Every Mothers Son over there has automatic weapons. Hell, they are as prevalent as tootsie rooks are here. No one seems to give two shits about
That. I dunno....this frigging country is crazy.

The left CHEERS the death of an entire generation of babies (estimated 1,000,000) but go completely bat shit crazy when a terrorist takes out 49 unfortunate souls.

Like I said - this country is doomed.
So you want our country to be more like the Middle East?

Are you insane? Asked and answered.....

Like I said in the above post - limp-wristed liberals have cheered the murder of one million babies since 1973. What the hell makes you think that liberals are any different than ISIS?

FYI, it's actually more than FIFTY million children now that have been murdered by abortions.
Start another thread if you want to talk about abortion... I"ll expose your hypocrisy pretty quickly.

Why not give it a shot now, sparky? Let's see how you ISIS sympathizers justify the murder of untold millions of babies. This should be quite good.
wrong thread... As for your Liberal/Isis thing that you think is so cleaver... You do realize that ISIS is running on extremely conservative religious principles, right?

Nobody is taking your guns away or blocking your right to buy a gun! You can't prove they are either without using some paranoid conspiracy theory about some hidden agenda of the left to disarm.
You seek a ban on the manufacture and sale of 'assault weapons'.
That is, you seek to block my right to buy a gun.
So much for the paranoid conspiracy.

Why can't they?
Existing weapons are not banned.
Well that is the discussion isn't it? What should be legal to sell and what shouldn't
Those who seek to place further restriction on the rights of the law abiding seek the reinstatement of the 1994 AW ban on the manufacture and sale of new weapons; no one has brought up banning the sale of existing weapons.
I guess we have to start somewhere. Stop feeding the supply of assault style (or whatever you want to call them) weapons is a logical first step. But you make a good point that to be more effective the sale and distribution of these weapons should be regulated as well.
Is a farm pitch fork? Baseball bat? Machete? Hence the absurdity of your logic.

You have to admit, it's funny when you think about it. Watch the evening news, pretty much any day of the week. You'll see men, women and kids in the Middle East with full auto AK-47s, Akrs, RPGs, AMERICAN M4s, Humveess, and the like, shooting and killing like crazy.

Every Mothers Son over there has automatic weapons. Hell, they are as prevalent as tootsie rooks are here. No one seems to give two shits about

The left CHEERS the death of an entire generation of babies (estimated 1,000,000) but go completely bat shit crazy when a terrorist takes out 49 unfortunate souls.

Like I said in the above post - limp-wristed liberals have cheered the murder of one million babies since 1973. What the hell makes you think that liberals are any different than ISIS?

FYI, it's actually more than FIFTY million children now that have been murdered by abortions.
Start another thread if you want to talk about abortion... I"ll expose your hypocrisy pretty quickly.

As tempted as I am to give you the thrashing you deserve on the topic of abortion as you have been getting on the topic of gun control. . . I think I'll pass.

You obviously are impervious to any line of reasoning or logic that challenges your prejudiced views and bias in favor of your libtarded talking points.

Why not give it a shot now, sparky? Let's see how you ISIS sympathizers justify the murder of untold millions of babies. This should be quite good.
wrong thread... As for your Liberal/Isis thing that you think is so cleaver... You do realize that ISIS is running on extremely conservative religious principles, right?

Ever tried to get rid of Roe V Wade? See how "foaming at the mouth" the liberal ISIS supporters become? You all are starting to look like that at the thought of banning guns......

As tempted as I am to give you the thrashing you deserve on the topic of abortion as you have been getting on the topic of gun control. . . I think I'll pass.

You obviously are impervious to any line of reasoning or logic that challenges your prejudiced views and bias in favor of your libtarded talking points.

Indeed. I will stay on topic as well, But, it does get old. I have kicked a number of ISIS assholes on this very topic already. AS soon as I bring up the murder of babies - they tend to disappear. It's rather Ironic - that the liberal ISIS supporters will defend their "rights" while seeking an end to every other "right" that they don't agree with. The Hypocrisy of the left is stunningly amazing........

Nobody is taking your guns away or blocking your right to buy a gun! You can't prove they are either without using some paranoid conspiracy theory about some hidden agenda of the left to disarm.
Not to buy a gun... There are plenty of guns you can go buy. Just like you can't go to the store and buy a bomb, mustard gas, a nuclear warhead, or machine gun, there are limitations to the destructive power an average citizen can legally obtain. Your spin is tired and weak.

Indeed. I will stay on topic as well, But, it does get old. I have kicked a number of ISIS assholes on this very topic already. AS soon as I bring up the murder of babies - they tend to disappear. It's rather Ironic - that the liberal ISIS supporters will defend their "rights" while seeking an end to every other "right" that they don't agree with. The Hypocrisy of the left is stunningly amazing........
yet you dodge the fact that ISIS runs on hyper conservative values and declares war on liberals... The only ass you are kicking is your own.

The most hilarious thing is when we talk about banning abortions to defend the lives and rights of the children being aborted. . . the libtards are quick to TRY to make the case that women will just get their abortions in the back allies and women will just buy their abortion drugs on the internet, etc. But when it comes to banning so called "assault weapons?" They completely reject the notion that those guns will be just as easy to obtain in the same "back alleys" and via private sales coordinated over the internet.

It seems that in their view. . . a pregnant woman is MORE capable of getting around any laws that affect her and her life than a determined criminal hell bent on getting his hands on a firearm is.

Ditto, we are both strong in our beliefs... however, I am very open minded to reasonable arguments. I just haven't heard any presented by either of you. How many liberal views have you been open to? or are you just being a hypocrite in your insults?

The most hilarious thing is when we talk about banning abortions to defend the lives and rights of the children being aborted. . . the libtards are quick to TRY to make the case that women will just get their abortions in the back allies and women will just buy their abortion drugs on the internet, etc. But when it comes to banning so called "assault weapons?" They completely reject the notion that those guns will be just as easy to obtain in the same "back alleys" and via private sales coordinated over the internet.

It seems that in their view. . . a pregnant woman is MORE capable of getting around any laws that affect her and her life than a determined criminal hell bent on getting his hands on a firearm is.
Haha, you almost made me spit up my drink with that one... Really think about that comparison you just made. Do I really need to spell out the stupidity of it??

Not to buy a gun... There are plenty of guns you can go buy.....
You're arguing that a ban on Islam does not block the right to the free exercise of religion because people can still be Lutheran.

I have a right to own an AR15, which means I have the right to buy an AR15.
If you block my right to buy an AR15, you have, necessarily, blocked my right to buy a gun.
So much for the paranoid conspiracy

Ditto, we are both strong in our beliefs... however, I am very open minded to reasonable arguments. I just haven't heard any presented by either of you. How many liberal views have you been open to? or are you just being a hypocrite in your insults?

I was pro-abortion long before I changed my views on the topic. (Most likely long before you were conceived yourself.) I am certain that I could do a better job of defending abortion than you can.

But guess what? The biological facts and the Constitution aint gonna change any time soon and they are what I use to conclude that abortions are a violation of a child's rights.

Not to buy a gun... There are plenty of guns you can go buy.....
You're arguing that a ban on Islam does not block the right to the free exercise of religion because people can still be Lutheran.

I have a right to own an AR15, which means I have the right to buy an AR15.
If you block my right to buy an AR15, you have, necessarily, blocked my right to buy a gun.
So much for the paranoid conspiracy
Plenty of guns are blocked and rightfully so... But many many many guns are also legal and easy to obtain. So yes you are right that the right to buy certain guns is blocked... But the right still exists for legal guns, which means the right still exists in all its glory. If you want to get all constitutional with it, you can say that the banned guns are part of the "well regulated militia"
Just to be clear do you believe that no weapon should be banned from public sale?

Last edited:
from Wikipedia:
An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.[1][2][3][4][5] Assault rifles were first used during World War II. Though Western nations were slow to accept the assault rifle concept after World War II, by the end of the 20th century they had become the standard weapon in most of the world's armies, replacing battle rifles and sub-machine guns. Examples include the StG 44, AK-47 and the M16 rifle.

The Germans were the first to pioneer the assault rifle concept, during World War II, based upon research that showed that most firefights happen within 400 metres (1,300 ft) and that contemporary rifles were over-powered for most small arms combat.[6][7][8][9][10] They sought to develop a select-fire intermediate powered rifle combining the firepower of a submachine gun with the accuracy and range of a rifle.[6][7][8][9][10] This was done by shortening the standard 7.92×57mm cartridge to 7.92×33mm and giving it a lighter 125 grain bullet, that limited range but allowed for more controllable automatic fire.[7][8][9][10][6] A smaller, lighter cartridge also allowed soldiers to carry more ammunition "to support the higher consumption rate of automatic fire."[6]

The result was the Sturmgewehr 44, which the Germans produced in large numbers; approximately half a million were made.[7][8][9][10] Unlike previous rifle designs it introduced an over-the-barrel gas system, straight stock and pistol grip to reduce recoil and improve handling characteristics.[6] "The principle of this weapon...was probably the most important advance in small arms since the invention of smokeless powder."[6]

from Wikipedia:
An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.[1][2][3][4][5] Assault rifles were first used during World War II. Though Western nations were slow to accept the assault rifle concept after World War II, by the end of the 20th century they had become the standard weapon in most of the world's armies, replacing battle rifles and sub-machine guns. Examples include the StG 44, AK-47 and the M16 rifle.

The Germans were the first to pioneer the assault rifle concept, during World War II, based upon research that showed that most firefights happen within 400 metres (1,300 ft) and that contemporary rifles were over-powered for most small arms combat.[6][7][8][9][10] They sought to develop a select-fire intermediate powered rifle combining the firepower of a submachine gun with the accuracy and range of a rifle.[6][7][8][9][10] This was done by shortening the standard 7.92×57mm cartridge to 7.92×33mm and giving it a lighter 125 grain bullet, that limited range but allowed for more controllable automatic fire.[7][8][9][10][6] A smaller, lighter cartridge also allowed soldiers to carry more ammunition "to support the higher consumption rate of automatic fire."[6]

The result was the Sturmgewehr 44, which the Germans produced in large numbers; approximately half a million were made.[7][8][9][10] Unlike previous rifle designs it introduced an over-the-barrel gas system, straight stock and pistol grip to reduce recoil and improve handling characteristics.[6] "The principle of this weapon...was probably the most important advance in small arms since the invention of smokeless powder."[6]
Wrong, an assault rifle is anything that any Democrat says it is, including rapid fire slingshots and ninja swords made before 1900. So get with it already

Defenseless babie's limbs ripped off and spines severed in horrific barbaric abortion procedures, these liberal baby killers have no sense of decency. Even ISIS would look on in horror.

from Wikipedia:

The First 8 words in your post more than prove that an AR15 is NOT a ASSAULT rifle. There IS NO select fire switch on the AR. NOWHERE.

Don't you think it makes sense to set a reasonable limit to fire rate and ammo capacity? Isn't that just common sense?
No. It does not.
Neither restriction will prevent shootings like that in Orlando.
It may not prevent the shooting from happening but it could reduce body counts... Don't you think if it could save lives then it would be worth it?

I ask again. If a reduction in body count is the goal, what is the acceptable number of deaths per mass shooting?

Mark
As little as possible... You know there is no number or answer to that question. We do what we can to protect our public from external threats while providing the public the ability to protect themselves.

If its "as little as possible", then your banning will not stop at assault weapons. Do you agree?

Mark

Forum List

Back