Honest debate: Libs...would the "AR15-pistol" w 10 Rd mag still be an "Assault Weapon"

Yes, reloading never slows anyone down. You guys don't believe your own lies.

I have a question. While a shooter can have trouble reloading, what changes? I mean, as he is shooting, I assume people would be running away from him. So, if he drops a magazine, he should have more than enough time to pick it up and reload anyway.

Mark

Yes more people would run out exits and escape. If people are still close they would rush and stop him like at the giffords shooting.

I have a question. While a shooter can have trouble reloading, what changes? I mean, as he is shooting, I assume people would be running away from him. So, if he drops a magazine, he should have more than enough time to pick it up and reload anyway.

Mark

He drops the mag and doesn't pick it up. He does pull another mag out and slam that home. Takes less than 2 seconds.

Even if he does each one perfectly in 2 seconds. If he has 10 rd magazines and shoots over 100 times that is 10 mag changes and 20 seconds. 20 seconds allows a lot of people to escape. And of course mag change failures are common so it would really be much longer.

Nobody is taking your guns away or blocking your right to buy a gun! You can't prove they are either without using some paranoid conspiracy theory about some hidden agenda of the left to disarm.
You seek a ban on the manufacture and sale of 'assault weapons'.
That is, you seek to block my right to buy a gun.
So much for the paranoid conspiracy.
Not to buy a gun... There are plenty of guns you can go buy.....
You're arguing that a ban on Islam does not block the right to the free exercise of religion because people can still be Lutheran.

I have a right to own an AR15, which means I have the right to buy an AR15.
If you block my right to buy an AR15, you have, necessarily, blocked my right to buy a gun.
So much for the paranoid conspiracy
Plenty of guns are blocked and rightfully so
Like....? Cite"
And none of this changes the fact that, contrary to your claim, you DO seek to block my right to buy a gun
Why did you claim "Nobody is taking your guns away or blocking your right to buy a gun!" when you. yourself, seek to do so?
Why did you lie?

Just to be clear do you believe that no weapon should be banned from public sale?
The 2nd amendment protects the right to keep and bear any class of firearm; banning those guns violates the 2nd.

Mark

He drops the mag and doesn't pick it up. He does pull another mag out and slam that home. Takes less than 2 seconds.

Even if he does each one perfectly in 2 seconds. If he has 10 rd magazines and shoots over 100 times that is 10 mag changes and 20 seconds. 20 seconds allows a lot of people to escape. And of course mag change failures are common so it would really be much longer.

BRILLIANT!

Of course no criminals hell bent on mass murder would ever dream of modifying or fabricating a magazine of their own with higher capacities.

Would they?

Mark

BRILLIANT!

Of course no criminals hell bent on mass murder would ever dream of modifying or fabricating a magazine of their own with higher capacities.

Would they?

Magazines made by manufacturers often fail. Modifying or fabricating your own would greatly increase the chance of failure.

The down side is that the Government has no transparency in who is on the list and what the criteria is for them putting you on the list.

First off, we are talking about a million people, I would guess most belong on the list. However why is it not until gun control that you actually care about the civil rights of people on the lists? I don't remember wingnuts caring about people on the no fly list right to travel, how come? Anyway, there should be proper channels for people to appeal their designation on the list. I think the Democrats have that in their plan.

You have not answered my other questions. Why not? How are you going to keep anyone on a terrorist watch list from getting a gun ILLEGALLY? And, what are you going to do about anyone who is on one of those lists who already HAVE guns?

I did answer your question. You can't keep people from ilegally buying weapons via gun control laws. What you can do is shut down gun show and private sale loop holes, have an effectual background check system and keep terrorists and others from easily buying legal weapons. I wouldn't expect that to solve everything.

Just like banning medication without a prescription to block all sales of illegal prescription medication. Doesn't mean we should open up psych medicine to the masses.

There is no gun show loophole.....and the Orlando shooter would have passed a universal background check...as would all the other mass shooters......and the ones who didn't murdered and stole the guns.....

France has a comprehensive system to keep terrorists from getting legal weapons....they don't sell them.....rifles are completely illegal in France, they have no gun shows, they have no gun stores, and you can't buy or own military style rifles...of any kind...AR-15s or fully automatic rifles....they even have terrorists watch lists, and fewer civil rights to block their cops...

And terrorists in France easily got fully automatic rifles even though they were actually on terrorist watch lists and they didn't murder 49 people...they murdered 140 people......

so...tell us how your magical list and magical background checks will stop terrorists again?

There is a gun show loophole in that it's based on the honor system.

I'd like to see the FBI flagged for people who were on the terrorist watch list within the past 5 years. Considering what happened in Orlando that makes sense.

Fuck France, this isn't France stop grasping at straws. The next thing you are going to do is parade around Switzerland until you're asked to endorse their gun policies and then you will duck and run off like you did last time.

Wrong.....all licensed gun stores have to use a background check even when they go to a gun show.

Yeah...France shows your gun control laws are stupid....so you don't want to talk aboutthem....

And the Swiss have fully automatic rifles in their homes by law....and only the military ammunition is kept track of...private ammo is not.....

Any private sale at a gun show could happen across the street....so it is not a loophole....a loophole would allow licensed dealers to sell guns without a background check..that doesn't happen.

And anyone who uses a straw buyer can use one to buy from an individual seller, thus making universal background checks useless.....

The only reason for universal background checks.....to get universal gun registration...that is the only reason.

Wrong.....all licensed gun stores have to use a background check even when they go to a gun show.

Great. Now, are all vendors at a gun show required to be licensed sellers?

Of course not. I can buy a table at the quarterly show down at the VFW. I'm not required to do anything legally except check ID for proper age. Just a private seller selling in public.

And if you are selling enough guns you need a license...if you are caught selling to a felon you go to jail...we already have those laws...and when the felon uses the gun or gets caught with the gun......he goes to jail too.....

The down side is that the Government has no transparency in who is on the list and what the criteria is for them putting you on the list.

First off, we are talking about a million people, I would guess most belong on the list. However why is it not until gun control that you actually care about the civil rights of people on the lists? I don't remember wingnuts caring about people on the no fly list right to travel, how come? Anyway, there should be proper channels for people to appeal their designation on the list. I think the Democrats have that in their plan.

You have not answered my other questions. Why not? How are you going to keep anyone on a terrorist watch list from getting a gun ILLEGALLY? And, what are you going to do about anyone who is on one of those lists who already HAVE guns?

I did answer your question. You can't keep people from ilegally buying weapons via gun control laws. What you can do is shut down gun show and private sale loop holes, have an effectual background check system and keep terrorists and others from easily buying legal weapons. I wouldn't expect that to solve everything.

Just like banning medication without a prescription to block all sales of illegal prescription medication. Doesn't mean we should open up psych medicine to the masses.

There is no gun show loophole.....and the Orlando shooter would have passed a universal background check...as would all the other mass shooters......and the ones who didn't murdered and stole the guns.....

France has a comprehensive system to keep terrorists from getting legal weapons....they don't sell them.....rifles are completely illegal in France, they have no gun shows, they have no gun stores, and you can't buy or own military style rifles...of any kind...AR-15s or fully automatic rifles....they even have terrorists watch lists, and fewer civil rights to block their cops...

And terrorists in France easily got fully automatic rifles even though they were actually on terrorist watch lists and they didn't murder 49 people...they murdered 140 people......

so...tell us how your magical list and magical background checks will stop terrorists again?

I'd like to see the FBI flagged for people who were on the terrorist watch list within the past 5 years. Considering what happened in Orlando that makes sense.

Fuck France, this isn't France stop grasping at straws. The next thing you are going to do is parade around Switzerland until you're asked to endorse their gun policies and then you will duck and run off like you did last time.

Yeah...France shows your gun control laws are stupid....so you don't want to talk aboutthem....

And the Swiss have fully automatic rifles in their homes by law....and only the military ammunition is kept track of...private ammo is not.....

Any private sale at a gun show could happen across the street....so it is not a loophole....a loophole would allow licensed dealers to sell guns without a background check..that doesn't happen.

And anyone who uses a straw buyer can use one to buy from an individual seller, thus making universal background checks useless.....

The only reason for universal background checks.....to get universal gun registration...that is the only reason.

Of course not. I can buy a table at the quarterly show down at the VFW. I'm not required to do anything legally except check ID for proper age. Just a private seller selling in public.

Thinking on this....if you did that you can be arrested....you can only sell as an individual seller for limited guns.....if someone saw you doing this they should call the ATF and have you arrested.

Great. Now,

Yes.

They should be able to intelligently tell me if the AR-15 Pistol is still an "Assault Weapon"....though....in fairness...I bet most of them didn't even know such a gun existed. AR-15 Pistol??? It's not an oxymoron.
There are no assault weapons available to the general public, no matter how dangerous they mitght look. All semi auto's shoot only one round at a time.
An assault weapon by definition must be fully automatic?

Mark

Yes more people would run out exits and escape. If people are still close they would rush and stop him like at the giffords shooting.

Brain is lying to you...he knows that no one rushed the giffords shooter, he shot a guy in the head and the guy fell to the ground.....the shooter walked past that guy, not realizing the guy was simply grazed by the bullet and not killed......so after the shooter closed the distance, he got up and grabbed him.....no one rushed the shooter....it was pure dumb luck......

Brain knows all of this, and still lies about it.....

And if you are selling enough guns you need a license...if you are caught selling to a felon you go to jail...we already have those laws...and when the felon uses the gun or gets caught with the gun......he goes to jail too.....

Not a loophole to get around background checks? Sure it is.
I can't be responsible for selling a felon a gun if I don't know he's a felon.

Nobody is taking your guns away or blocking your right to buy a gun! You can't prove they are either without using some paranoid conspiracy theory about some hidden agenda of the left to disarm.
You seek a ban on the manufacture and sale of 'assault weapons'.
That is, you seek to block my right to buy a gun.
So much for the paranoid conspiracy.
Not to buy a gun... There are plenty of guns you can go buy.....
You're arguing that a ban on Islam does not block the right to the free exercise of religion because people can still be Lutheran.

I have a right to own an AR15, which means I have the right to buy an AR15.
If you block my right to buy an AR15, you have, necessarily, blocked my right to buy a gun.
So much for the paranoid conspiracy
Plenty of guns are blocked and rightfully so
Like....? Cite"
And none of this changes the fact that, contrary to your claim, you DO seek to block my right to buy a gun
Why did you claim "Nobody is taking your guns away or blocking your right to buy a gun!" when you. yourself, seek to do so?
Why did you lie?

Just to be clear do you believe that no weapon should be banned from public sale?
The 2nd amendment protects the right to keep and bear any class of firearm; banning those guns violates the 2nd.
Stop with the lying BS we aren't in grade school. It's a simple point, you can and always have been able to buy a gun. Certain guns you can't buy because they are deemed to dangerous. You can still own guns, your 2nd A rights are still in tact. Just like you are free to speak whatever you want but there is a line and if you cross it then you are slapped with slander or libel.

You want me to cite a gun that is justified to be banned? Easy, automatic machine guns... Do you really think Joe blow should be able to go to wallmart and buy an Uzi?

Thinking on this....if you did that you can be arrested....you can only sell as an individual seller for limited guns.....if someone saw you doing this they should call the ATF and have you arrested.

What is the cutoff? If I have a collection I'm liquidating, I can sell any or all of them to whomever I wish no questions necessary.

Great. Now,

Yes.

Yes what?

They should be able to intelligently tell me if the AR-15 Pistol is still an "Assault Weapon"....though....in fairness...I bet most of them didn't even know such a gun existed. AR-15 Pistol??? It's not an oxymoron.
There are no assault weapons available to the general public, no matter how dangerous they mitght look. All semi auto's shoot only one round at a time.
Assault rifles are full-auto.
'Assault weapons' are semi-autos that look like assault rifles.

Stop with the lying BS we aren't in grade school.
I'm sorry -- you stated that "Nobody is taking your guns away or blocking your right to buy a gun!"
You seek to block the sale of 'assault weapons', a class of firearms I hava right to; thus, you seek to block my right to a gun.
What would you have me call that, if not a lie?

You want me to cite a gun that is justified to be banned? Easy, automatic machine guns
MGs are not banned; I know several people who legally have them; anyone who can legally own a gun can legally own a machinegun.

Assault rifles are full-auto.
'Assault weapons' are semi-autos that look like assault rifles.

A distinction without a difference.
An M16A2 is not full auto.

Forum List

Back