Honest debate: Libs...would the "AR15-pistol" w 10 Rd mag still be an "Assault Weapon"

That's hilarious. At no point in ANY mass shooting in the United States has anyone pulled the trigger once and "sprayed" 50 bullets. Until you understand what the facts are, I suggest you stop commenting because you'ee showing your ignorance.
Stop dodging by playing word games. You get the point

Playing word games? You're presenting hyperbolic lies as an argument and it's tiresome. Come back when you KNOW what you're talking about.
Hyperbolic lies? Ok bucko... since i need to spell it out out in elementary terms for you to understand i'll do so...

1 trigger pull per shot with 6-10 shots before a reload
compared to
1 trigger pull resulting in a spray of bullets producing dozens of bullets in the same amount of time equals way more shots and way more damage potential.

The less the ammo capacity per magazine means more reloads are needed, this means more mags need to be purchased and carried by the shooter.

Are you seeing how all this adds up to more or less potential for damage?

I'm a gun owner, I don't think anything should be done to infringe on our rights to own weapons to hunt, protect ourselves with or just to have fun shooting shit in our back yards like what I do... But having common sense safety measure isn't asking for too much and it doesn't need to be blown way out of proportion like it has been in these debates.

compared to
1 trigger pull resulting in a spray of bullets producing dozens of bullets in the same amount of time equals way more shots and way more damage potential.

1 trigger pull resulting in a spray of bullets producing dozens of bullets?

When is the last time that happened?

Every time a full auto weapon is used in the full auto mode. Has it happened here, thankfully no, and this is 100 percent due to the ban, or do you really believe that Omar Mateen would have chosen a semi over an auto if the auto was available?

Automatic weapons AREN'T banned. The time wasted explaining the facts to you is why you are obviously a timesuck troll.

Every time a full auto weapon is used in the full auto mode. Has it happened here, thankfully no, and this is 100 percent due to the ban, or do you really believe that Omar Mateen would have chosen a semi over an auto if the auto was available?

IF Omar had been able to pass the background check, IF Omar had come up with the money for the full automatic weapon and the insurance required, he MIGHT have been able to use it in the club.

BUt the fact he had been investigated by the FBI, and had temporarily on the no fly list, he would have never been able to purchase a full automatic firearm
And isn't that a GOOD thing that it was a difficult process for him? Doesn't that show how gun control works to benefit the safety of our people? Drop all the control measures and allow him to go buy an auto and Orlando is a much sadder story

You seem to be missing the point.

Fully automatic weapons are not easy to get.

semi auto firearms are one trigger pull, one bullet fired.

Omar did NOT have an automatic weapon
I understand that... and I've stated many times that I'm not a big advocate of banning guns, but I think it totally reasonable to analyze and discuss which guns warrant regulation or banishment, like autos. Just because lawmakers want to take measures to help the safety of our public it does not mean they are stripping away the 2nd A or disarming Americans. I just want this discussion to get back to reality

If you want the discussion to get back to reality, you might start trying to find a way to control the behavior of terrorists instead of wasting time trying to ban guns or magazines. If you're SERIOUS, you'll look at trying to modify the behavior of those who support the terrorists because it's not the GUN, it's the terrorist that is the problem.

Playing word games? You're presenting hyperbolic lies as an argument and it's tiresome. Come back when you KNOW what you're talking about.
Hyperbolic lies? Ok bucko... since i need to spell it out out in elementary terms for you to understand i'll do so...

compared to

The less the ammo capacity per magazine means more reloads are needed, this means more mags need to be purchased and carried by the shooter.

I'm a gun owner, I don't think anything should be done to infringe on our rights to own weapons to hunt, protect ourselves with or just to have fun shooting shit in our back yards like what I do... But having common sense safety measure isn't asking for too much and it doesn't need to be blown way out of proportion like it has been in these debates.

compared to

Automatic weapons AREN'T banned. The time wasted explaining the facts to you is why you are obviously a timesuck troll.
Automatic weapons are banned to all but law enforcement, and someone that is a secret agent of some sort which explains the process to have these weapons and not be in law enforcement, as this person is in law enforcement. Thank God that the ban exist or there might be 200 dead in Orlando, I am glad that you agree with me that this ban is thus a very good thing.

Now if you say the ban is wrong, you are saying that more people should have died as Mateen certainly would have chosen a full auto gun.

Next

compared to

compared to

Automatic weapons are banned to all but law enforcement, and someone that is a secret agent of some sort which explains the process to have these weapons and not be in law enforcement, as this person is in law enforcement. Thank God that the ban exist or there might be 200 dead in Orlando, I am glad that you agree with me that this ban is thus a very good thing.

Now if you say the ban is wrong, you are saying that more people should have died as Mateen certainly would have chosen a full auto gun.

Next

I suggest you google "san diego bank robbers shootout" and tell us how those robbers got their hands on so many full auto weapons if they are so "banned" that getting them is so impossible.

compared to

compared to

IF Omar had been able to pass the background check, IF Omar had come up with the money for the full automatic weapon and the insurance required, he MIGHT have been able to use it in the club.

BUt the fact he had been investigated by the FBI, and had temporarily on the no fly list, he would have never been able to purchase a full automatic firearm

And given the dead count it should be that hard to buy a semi auto rifle with hi cap mags too.

compared to

compared to

Any manufactured after a certain date are actually.

compared to

compared to

Next

I suggest you google "san diego bank robbers shootout" and tell us how those robbers got their hands on so many full auto weapons if they are so "banned" that getting them is so impossible.
Something that is very rare thanks to regulation.

These gun nutters are so dishonest they won't even admit that the reason the AR15 is so popular is because they can't buy an M16.

compared to

compared to

Next

No one said that criminals could not get illegal guns, I said that they full autos are banned and that Mateen would have bought a full auto weapon if they were not banned. Glad that you thus agree that the ban is a very good thing as Mateen would have killed twice as many people in the same time frame, at least... Or do you want idiots like Mateen to have full auto weapons?

CIAO

These gun nutters are so dishonest they won't even admit that the reason the AR15 is so popular is because they can't buy an M16.
The only reason to buy a semi auto AR-15 style rifle is because they want a full auto an can not buy it. This has to be true, because the typical hunting rifle with a wood stock is many times more accurate

The only reason to buy a semi auto AR-15 style rifle is because they want a full auto an can not buy it. This has to be true, because the typical hunting rifle with a wood stock is many times more accurate

The look and hi cap mags give them more gun courage.

Suicide terrorist have no courage, as their choice is to give up the fight and hurt as many innocent people on their way out as they can. This is not courage, it's idiocy

Suicide terrorist have no courage, as their choice is to give up the fight and hurt as many innocent people on their way out as they can. This is not courage, it's idiocy

Not the terrorists, I ment the gun nuts who own them. They need gun courage to make it through life and the ar15 type guns give them the most courage.

Drop all the control measures and allow him to go buy an auto and Orlando is a much sadder story
Who wants to do this?

Who wants to do this?

th

compared to

You watch too many movies. You have no grasp at all of real life.

[
You're late to the conversation man, I don't have the time to repeat myself. I'm making a simple point that gun control is a valid responsibility of our lawmakers and a reasonable debate to have.

Right up there with speech control and religion control?

compared to

You watch too many movies. You have no grasp at all of real life.
Orlando was real and he sure killed many really fast.

Forum List

Back