Honest debate: Libs...would the "AR15-pistol" w 10 Rd mag still be an "Assault Weapon"

You sound like Trump.. I'm curious about that argument as he as stated it many time about Paris and Orlando... How many people do you think are strapped at his rallies?

I have no idea. I know there's more than one armed policeman at the rallies.
The answer is zero, guns are banned... Isn't that a little hypocritical given the argument you and he make? Guns are also banned at the Rep convention as well... I don't understand why, do you?

I believe that the venue prohibits them.
You do realize that Trump would have a bullet in his gut right now if that kid could have easily bought a gun and was allowed to take it into the rally... Do you get that?

You sound like Trump.. I'm curious about that argument as he as stated it many time about Paris and Orlando... How many people do you think are strapped at his rallies?

I have no idea. I know there's more than one armed policeman at the rallies.
The answer is zero, guns are banned... Isn't that a little hypocritical given the argument you and he make? Guns are also banned at the Rep convention as well... I don't understand why, do you?

I believe that the venue prohibits them.
You do realize that Trump would have a bullet in his gut right now if that kid could have easily bought a gun and was allowed to take it into the rally... Do you get that?

Why would I care? I'm a Bernie guy. But, while you say he would have, do you think that the Secret Service and law enforcement people would have just let him walk up and shoot Trump?
I think its a hell of a risk and hard to spot a guy in a crowd in the few seconds it takes to draw and shoot. Do you really not see the added risk? Very few large venues allow patrons to carry weapons because of the safety concern. This is because it IS a safety concern.

Saving lives is funny? You say they should be legal. 49 dead and over 50 injured says you are wrong. Dangerously wrong.

Saving lives isn't funny, it's the object of the debate. I'm laughing at all of your "may" statements. You're just speculating. You might as well say that if Superman had arrived in time, everyone would have lived.
His "mays" are just common sense. Point a gun at a crowd and pull the trigger once per bullet, reload after 6 shots, is going to produce a much different outcome than holding the trigger and spraying 50 bullets. Does that really need to be explained to you?

That's hilarious. At no point in ANY mass shooting in the United States has anyone pulled the trigger once and "sprayed" 50 bullets. Until you understand what the facts are, I suggest you stop commenting because you'ee showing your ignorance.
Stop dodging by playing word games. You get the point

Playing word games? You're presenting hyperbolic lies as an argument and it's tiresome. Come back when you KNOW what you're talking about.
Hyperbolic lies? Ok bucko... since i need to spell it out out in elementary terms for you to understand i'll do so...

1 trigger pull per shot with 6-10 shots before a reload
compared to
1 trigger pull resulting in a spray of bullets producing dozens of bullets in the same amount of time equals way more shots and way more damage potential.

The less the ammo capacity per magazine means more reloads are needed, this means more mags need to be purchased and carried by the shooter.

Are you seeing how all this adds up to more or less potential for damage?

I'm a gun owner, I don't think anything should be done to infringe on our rights to own weapons to hunt, protect ourselves with or just to have fun shooting shit in our back yards like what I do... But having common sense safety measure isn't asking for too much and it doesn't need to be blown way out of proportion like it has been in these debates.

Last edited:
Saving lives isn't funny, it's the object of the debate. I'm laughing at all of your "may" statements. You're just speculating. You might as well say that if Superman had arrived in time, everyone would have lived.
His "mays" are just common sense. Point a gun at a crowd and pull the trigger once per bullet, reload after 6 shots, is going to produce a much different outcome than holding the trigger and spraying 50 bullets. Does that really need to be explained to you?

That's hilarious. At no point in ANY mass shooting in the United States has anyone pulled the trigger once and "sprayed" 50 bullets. Until you understand what the facts are, I suggest you stop commenting because you'ee showing your ignorance.

Playing word games? You're presenting hyperbolic lies as an argument and it's tiresome. Come back when you KNOW what you're talking about.
Hyperbolic lies? Ok bucko... since i need to spell it out out in elementary terms for you to understand i'll do so...

compared to
1 trigger pull resulting in a spray of bullets producing dozens of bullets in the same amount of time equals way more shots and way more damage potential.

The less the ammo capacity per magazine means more reloads are needed, this means more mags need to be purchased and carried by the shooter.

I'm a gun owner, I don't think anything should be done to infringe on our rights to own weapons to hunt, protect ourselves with or just to have fun shooting shit in our back yards like what I do... But having common sense safety measure isn't asking for too much and it doesn't need to be blown way out of proportion like it has been in these debates.

compared to

1 trigger pull resulting in a spray of bullets producing dozens of bullets?

When is the last time that happened?

compared to

compared to

Every time a full auto weapon is used in the full auto mode. Has it happened here, thankfully no, and this is 100 percent due to the ban, or do you really believe that Omar Mateen would have chosen a semi over an auto if the auto was available?

compared to

compared to

Every time a full auto weapon is used in the full auto mode. Has it happened here, thankfully no, and this is 100 percent due to the ban, or do you really believe that Omar Mateen would have chosen a semi over an auto if the auto was available?

IF Omar had been able to pass the background check, IF Omar had come up with the money for the full automatic weapon and the insurance required, he MIGHT have been able to use it in the club.

BUt the fact he had been investigated by the FBI, and had temporarily on the no fly list, he would have never been able to purchase a full automatic firearm

compared to

compared to

IF Omar had been able to pass the background check, IF Omar had come up with the money for the full automatic weapon and the insurance required, he MIGHT have been able to use it in the club.

BUt the fact he had been investigated by the FBI, and had temporarily on the no fly list, he would have never been able to purchase a full automatic firearm

The FBI should have not let him shop in Walmart because they carry knives. This man should not have been able to enter a gun store, yet they cleared him to buy anything his heart chose. This is an FBI failure, clear and simple

compared to

compared to

Ever heard of an uzi or ak-47? It happens all over the world

compared to

compared to

And isn't that a GOOD thing that it was a difficult process for him? Doesn't that show how gun control works to benefit the safety of our people? Drop all the control measures and allow him to go buy an auto and Orlando is a much sadder story

compared to

compared to

Which Walmart do they sell those at?

compared to

compared to

And isn't that a GOOD thing that it was a difficult process for him? Doesn't that show how gun control works to benefit the safety of our people? Drop all the control measures and allow him to go buy an auto and Orlando is a much sadder story

You seem to be missing the point.

Fully automatic weapons are not easy to get.

semi auto firearms are one trigger pull, one bullet fired.

Omar did NOT have an automatic weapon

compared to

compared to

Which Walmart do they sell those at?
Exactly my point... Would you like them sold there? Ya know to preserve our 2nd amendment rights and all

compared to

compared to

You seem to be missing the point.

Fully automatic weapons are not easy to get.

semi auto firearms are one trigger pull, one bullet fired.

Omar did NOT have an automatic weapon
I understand that... and I've stated many times that I'm not a big advocate of banning guns, but I think it totally reasonable to analyze and discuss which guns warrant regulation or banishment, like autos. Just because lawmakers want to take measures to help the safety of our public it does not mean they are stripping away the 2nd A or disarming Americans. I just want this discussion to get back to reality

hasn't happened, unlikely it will, with a legally purchased weapon.

I'm a gun owner

somehow, considering your post, I find that unlikely

Now, WHY did you post something so stupid?

I'm a gun owner

You're late to the conversation man, I don't have the time to repeat myself. I'm making a simple point that gun control is a valid responsibility of our lawmakers and a reasonable debate to have.

I'm a gun owner

You're late to the conversation man, I don't have the time to repeat myself. I'm making a simple point that gun control is a valid responsibility of our lawmakers and a reasonable debate to have.
\
and I've pointed out areas in which you are either wrong, or ignorant of facts.

If I'm that late in the 'conversation', stop responding.

I'm a gun owner

\

Apologies... Where am I wrong again?

I'm a gun owner

\

Apologies... Where am I wrong again?
:bang3:

Fast change or not, no sane person is going to be watching and counting then charging in between clip changes.

Watch less TV

The issue was how fast can a magazine be changed. Read for content.

And the reason for that issue is how many rounds can be fired, resulting in more or less casualties.

Or was the ban issued because of target practice issues?

You seem less prepared to discuss this than Brain. You are another timesuck troll and it's dinner time. Go play with someone who has time for you.

You can not deal with the fact that the issue here and the reason for the ban is that fully automatic weapons and large capacity clips are not needed by the public. I for one am sure glad that the shooter did not have 30 round clips and a full auto weapon, and I am sure that you agree with me as well. So thanks

That's what I was talking about when I said you weren't prepared to discuss the matter. No one had a fully automatic weapon at Orlando but fully automatic weapons are not banned. The standard magazine for an AR-15 is a 30 round magazine. You don't have a clue what you were talking about and THAT'S why you're unworthy of response.

Forum List

Back