Hong Kong Bill

You have vilified Trump nonstop here and if he does sign you’ll criticize him for it and if he doesn’t sign you ll do the same. According to you he has not done one thing right as POTUS. Not falling for your troll thread.

I see what you are doing, you will wait till he acts on the bill and then say that what he did was the greatest decision in the history of the planet....like you do for everything your god does.

I will happily answer you if you link one post where you agree with one decision that Trump has made in his 3+ years. Fair?

I have consistently praised Trump for both of his SCOTUS picks. In the “who do you think Trump will pick” thread I stated I hoped he picked Kav though I did not think he would”. When he did I stated a thread praising the choice.

I have praised Trump for his changing of the Fed Employee Regs to make it easier to get rid of dead weight in the Fed Workforce.

I supported his stated plan to privatize ATC.

And there are many more, but trying to use this shitty search function on my phone is a waste of time, so I guess you are off the hook and can wait for Trump to tell you what to think!

You have vilified Trump nonstop here and if he does sign you’ll criticize him for it and if he doesn’t sign you ll do the same. According to you he has not done one thing right as POTUS. Not falling for your troll thread.

I see what you are doing, you will wait till he acts on the bill and then say that what he did was the greatest decision in the history of the planet....like you do for everything your god does.

I will happily answer you if you link one post where you agree with one decision that Trump has made in his 3+ years. Fair?

I have consistently praised Trump for both of his SCOTUS picks. In the “who do you think Trump will pick” thread I stated I hoped he picked Kav though I did not think he would”. When he did I stated a thread praising the choice.

I have praised Trump for his changing of the Fed Employee Regs to make it easier to get rid of dead weight in the Fed Workforce.

And there are many more, but trying to use this shitty search function on my phone is a waste of time, so I guess you are off the hook and can wait for Trump to tell you what to think!

That is fair. I think he should and will sign it.

I am critical of Trump too but not for the stupid collusion theories but instead for:

1. Not addressing the rising debt and continual deficit. I believe he will if he garners a 2nd term.
  2. Not addressing our inefficient healthcare but the headwinds may just be too strong for that one.

Not to worry, whatever Trump does they will find a way to make it the worst decision possible.

GUARANTEED
Trump-and-liberal-oxygen-meme.png

I am critical of Trump too but not for the stupid collusion theories but instead for:

1. Not addressing the rising debt and continual deficit. I believe he will if he garners a 2nd term.
  2. Not addressing our inefficient healthcare but the headwinds may just be too strong for that one.

Thanks for the reply.

I think he has to sign it after China more or less threatened him over it. Not sure if he will though, his trade deal is very important to him.

I agree with you on all the collision and impeachment bill shit.

Not sure why you think he will address the debt, he does not think it is a problem.

Tough call. Since he is trying to negotiate a trad deal with China and this might make it more difficult without doing anything to advance democracy in Hong Kong, probably he shouldn't sign it, but in terms of domestic politics, it will serve his interests to sign it.

Perhaps he will ignore it for 10 days and since Congress is still in session it becomes law and he can tell the Chinese “hey, I didn’t sign it...”

Thanks for the reply.

I think he has to sign it after China more or less threatened him over it. Not sure if he will though, his trade deal is very important to him.

Not sure why you think he will address the debt, he does not think it is a problem.

The only way to address it is to attack entitlements. Cannot do that when running for a 2nd term but there is no 3rd terms so that is when you do it. Revamp SSI, Medicare and Medicaid. No chance the Democrats do that but I have hope that the Republicans will. Our spending is out of control.

I read the Bill. What does it do to help Hong Kong..in your words please.

It is mostly symbolic as it relies on the interpretation of the State Dept as to what is sufficient autonomy and what are “human rights” violations

So you admit that the Bill is amorphous and has no teeth.

What good is it then?

Thanks for the reply.

The only way to address it is to attack entitlements. Cannot do that when running for a 2nd term but there is no 3rd terms so that is when you do it. Revamp SSI, Medicare and Medicaid. No chance the Democrats do that but I have hope that the Republicans will. Our spending is out of control.

I think he will go the other way. Debt to him is not an issue.
He has been an advocate for UHC his whole life and even talked about it during the campaign.
If he gets a 2nd term I think that will be the legacy he tries to leave behind

Thanks for the reply.

Seniors love SS and Medicare and seniors vote, so it is very unlikely either party will cut those benefits in any significant way. Our national debt will never be repaid; it will simply be refinanced at very low interest rates. As long as the US continues to service the debt faithfully and to redeem Treasuries when they mature, the debt will not be a problem.

Thanks for the reply.

He has been an advocate for UHC his whole life and even talked about it during the campaign.

You think Trump will push for Universal Healthcare? Really?

Thanks for the reply.

Seniors love SS and Medicare and seniors vote, so it is very unlikely either party will cut those benefits in any significant way. Our national debt will never be repaid; it will simply be refinanced at very low interest rates. As long as the US continues to service the debt faithfully and to redeem Treasuries when they mature, the debt will not be a problem.

I disagree. You can only kick the can for so long.

Thanks for the reply.

How long?

Thanks for the reply.

We already have universal healthcare. Even if you are a drug and alcoholic vagrant living on the street, there is a free clinic you can walk into that will give you primary care and do the paperwork to get you temporary Medicaid benefits if you need more care even if you would not otherwise be eligible for Medicaid.

The problem is if you are a working family without health insurance, and some one becomes very sick, will you have to go broke in order to qualify for Medicaid?

He needs to veto it. We have no legislative authority to screw around in the internal affairs of another sovereign nation. Doing that just invites them to try to do the same thing to us.

Thanks for the reply.

I honestly do.

Thanks for the reply.

How long?
Therein lies the question. Another generation at best?

Forum List

Back