🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Honoring MLK: Your race is irrelevant!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Happy MLK day!

Im honoring his dream by saying your race is irrelevant. Your blackness or whiteness or whatever...doesnt matter. You are no different or more special than anyone.

You should never get a job preference because of your silly skin color. Or be denied one because someone else had more preferred pigment.

You should never be nominated for an award because of your race. And if a few nominees happen to not be of your skin tone..your pigments exclusion shouldnt even be noticed...much less protested.

Only the content of your character and your actions matter. You shouldnt need a special category of a normal event with an extra racial label to separate it, like a White Basketball Players Awards or a Black Mayonnaise Lovers Association.

Nope. Thats not the dream.

Your skin is irrelevant. Your race...I just dont give a damn about your race. Hell...your mom probably mixed it up and you're likely a half breed anyway.

You are a human. You are a citizen of your country. You may be rich or poor. Smart or dumb. A success or failure.

But your race???? It matters about as much as the color of your coffee cup to me.

Thank you MLK.

Honor Martin Luther "I'll do anything for a buck" King?

No.

If you want to honor the man who gave the stirring I have a dream speech then honor Archibald Carey the man who wrote it and gave it.

No.

If you want to honor the man who gave the stirring I have a dream speech then honor Archibald Carey the man who wrote it and gave it.
he did not write it or give it....the closing passage partially resembles Careys address to the 1952 Republican National Convention....both speeches end with a recitation of the first verse of Samuel Francis Smith's hymn "America" ("My Country, 'Tis of Thee"), and the speeches share the name of one of several mountains from which both exhort "let freedom ring".......

Oh well. Thats for th history books not 2015.

Today...race no longer matters. A persons race doesn't deny nor entitle them to anything. Doesnt assist in success or failure.

Some sad hopeless people still use race as an excuse or scapegoat. A crutch.

But how wonderful that in our country...your race has absolutely no meaning!

Oh well. Thats for th history books not 2015.

Today...race no longer matters. A persons race doesn't deny nor entitle them to anything. Doesnt assist in success or failure.

Some sad hopeless people still use race as an excuse or scapegoat. A crutch.

But how wonderful that in our country...your race has absolutely no meaning!
unfortunately race means everything to some people.....

MLK was too deeply flawed to be a role model. That's why his movement has fallen into chaos and violence.

To get back to the original point by bucs90 I totally agree. To me race is a characteristic as important or unimportant as eye color, hair or lack thereof, being fat skinny or buff etc. Racial "purity" or "ambiguity" Black, white, who cares? What does that have to do with your character? Your talents? Your intelligence? Your work ethic? Your compassion? That is what defines you, not how your parents chromosomes slammed together to create the hue of your epidermis.

MLK is an example of someone who fought for what is right. The idiots who believed in segregation were clueless ignorant people.

You are a human. You are a citizen of your country. You may be rich or poor. Smart or dumb. A success or failure.

But your race???? It matters about as much as the color of your coffee cup to me.

Unfortunately, this does not compute with those who sit on their thrones and look down upon anyone speaking AGAINST those who DO see skin color. You are racist if you do.

Sorry but MLK day only emphasizes the left's obsession with skin color.
It's all about skin color while content of character is moot for those who hypocritically worship MLK.
MLK's message was color blindness but his message was unfortunately hijacked and twisted by the Race-baiting opportunists Jackson and Sharpton who made everything about Black/White fear and division.

No.

he did not write it or give it....the closing passage partially resembles Careys address to the 1952 Republican National Convention....both speeches end with a recitation of the first verse of Samuel Francis Smith's hymn "America" ("My Country, 'Tis of Thee"), and the speeches share the name of one of several mountains from which both exhort "let freedom ring".......
The topic is similar , some of the linguistic cliches are similar but it is not the same speech by far. King may have heard the speech and borrowed some concepts as Carey was also a civil rights pioneer - be he certainly didn't plagiarize it.

The similarity is that both speeches end with a recitation of the first verse of Samuel Francis Smith's popular patriotic hymn "America" ("My Country, 'Tis of Thee"), and the speeches share the name of one of several mountains.[14][15]

King and Carey had corresponded in the years between the two speeches.[11][16] As early as 1956, King had given addresses elaborating on the lines from the song,[17] and according to Clayborne Carson, by 1957 this theme had become part of King's oratorical repertoire.[11][18]
Martin Luther King Jr. authorship issues - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

MLK is an example of someone who fought for what is right. The idiots who believed in segregation were clueless ignorant people.
Unfortunately , many of the Southern Blacks supported segregation - so long as it was equal . George Wallace for instance in his last race for governor of Alabama he took 60 percent of the vote and well over 90 percent of the black vote

MLK's dream was not rioting, burning towns down, thuggery and in general...chaos. Sharpton and his ilk made the dream into a nightmare. Fact.

I love it when racists whites try to tell people what MLK's dream was. Some of the comments on this thread have to be from illiterates. :laugh:
And most of them are from people who are deeply racist. Who do they think they're fooling anyway?

The rest of the world greatly admire King and hold him in the highest esteem. It is only our sad, ugly minded, vile American racists who think he isn't worthy of honor and respect. They also hate Mandela. It's racism, plain and simple.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back