🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Honoring MLK: Your race is irrelevant!

To get back to the original point by bucs90 I totally agree. To me race is a characteristic as important or unimportant as eye color, hair or lack thereof, being fat skinny or buff etc. Racial "purity" or "ambiguity" Black, white, who cares? What does that have to do with your character? Your talents? Your intelligence? Your work ethic? Your compassion? That is what defines you, not how your parents chromosomes slammed together to create the hue of your epidermis.

Is your heritage unimportant as well or is that different somehow that you wont ever reveal the reason?
lbj-great-society.jpg

To get back to the original point by bucs90 I totally agree. To me race is a characteristic as important or unimportant as eye color, hair or lack thereof, being fat skinny or buff etc. Racial "purity" or "ambiguity" Black, white, who cares? What does that have to do with your character? Your talents? Your intelligence? Your work ethic? Your compassion? That is what defines you, not how your parents chromosomes slammed together to create the hue of your epidermis.

Is your heritage unimportant as well or is that different somehow that you wont ever reveal the reason?
lbj-great-society.jpg

The number of electric cars has also skyrocketed since then

lbj-great-society.jpg

Even .... when slaves often weren't permitted to wed, most black children lived with a biological mother and father. During Reconstruction and up until the 1940s, 75% to 85% of black children lived in two-parent families. Today, more than 70% of black children are born to single women. The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do,.... And that is to destroy the black family.

I think it's important for people to understand the ideas of scarcity and decision-making in everyday life so that they won't be ripped off by politicians," he says. "Politicians exploit economic illiteracy. The State Against Blacks - Wall Street Journal

lbj-great-society.jpg

Even .... when slaves often weren't permitted to wed, most black children lived with a biological mother and father. During Reconstruction and up until the 1940s, 75% to 85% of black children lived in two-parent families. Today, more than 70% of black children are born to single women. The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do,.... And that is to destroy the black family.

I think it's important for people to understand the ideas of scarcity and decision-making in everyday life so that they won't be ripped off by politicians," he says. "Politicians exploit economic illiteracy. The State Against Blacks - Wall Street Journal

Hurricane Katrina did that too

Happy MLK day!

Im honoring his dream by saying your race is irrelevant. Your blackness or whiteness or whatever...doesnt matter. You are no different or more special than anyone.

You should never get a job preference because of your silly skin color. Or be denied one because someone else had more preferred pigment.

You should never be nominated for an award because of your race. And if a few nominees happen to not be of your skin tone..your pigments exclusion shouldnt even be noticed...much less protested.

Only the content of your character and your actions matter. You shouldnt need a special category of a normal event with an extra racial label to separate it, like a White Basketball Players Awards or a Black Mayonnaise Lovers Association.

Nope. Thats not the dream.

Your skin is irrelevant. Your race...I just dont give a damn about your race. Hell...your mom probably mixed it up and you're likely a half breed anyway.

You are a human. You are a citizen of your country. You may be rich or poor. Smart or dumb. A success or failure.

But your race???? It matters about as much as the color of your coffee cup to me.

Thank you MLK.
Race is very important to you, as anyone can see by looking at all the threads you start demonizing black people.

You are one sick little twerp.

lbj-great-society.jpg

I think you missed the point. Just because the women are single doesnt mean the fathers are not around. If you want to be technical about it Black fathers are just as involved if not more than any other demographic of men in the lives of their children. The marriage thing is a reflection of society at large as the white single mother has grown during the same time. When you are economically depressed at a higher rate that is going to affect your marriages at a higher rate. Matter of fact it is the number one or two cause of divorce nowadays. You cant be a simpleton and look at stats without looking at all the factors that may effect those stats

Happy MLK day!

Im honoring his dream by saying your race is irrelevant. Your blackness or whiteness or whatever...doesnt matter. You are no different or more special than anyone.

You should never get a job preference because of your silly skin color. Or be denied one because someone else had more preferred pigment.

You should never be nominated for an award because of your race. And if a few nominees happen to not be of your skin tone..your pigments exclusion shouldnt even be noticed...much less protested.

Only the content of your character and your actions matter. You shouldnt need a special category of a normal event with an extra racial label to separate it, like a White Basketball Players Awards or a Black Mayonnaise Lovers Association.

Nope. Thats not the dream.

Your skin is irrelevant. Your race...I just dont give a damn about your race. Hell...your mom probably mixed it up and you're likely a half breed anyway.

You are a human. You are a citizen of your country. You may be rich or poor. Smart or dumb. A success or failure.

But your race???? It matters about as much as the color of your coffee cup to me.

Thank you MLK.
An amazing human being, but seeing black crime is probably not what he dreamed about ... unless he was prescient and prone to nightmares.

OK GB I'm throwing the BS flag: "If you want to be technical about it Black fathers are just as involved if not more than any other demographic of men in the lives of their children." Whoa even Sharpton would be asking where you get your weed at.

OK GB I'm throwing the BS flag: "If you want to be technical about it Black fathers are just as involved if not more than any other demographic of men in the lives of their children." Whoa even Sharpton would be asking where you get your weed at.
Pick up your flag and you lose a timeout for being stupid. Why would Sharpton ask me about weed? I'm pretty sure he knows about the study proving what I posted.

5 Lies We Should Stop Telling About Black Fatherhood

"Recent data published by the Center for Disease Control reveal that African-American fathers spend more time in their children's day-to-day lives than dads from other racial groups, defying stereotypes about black fatherhood. The Pew Research Center has found similar evidence that black dads don't differ from white dads in any significant way, and that there isn't the expected disparity found in so many other reports. Although black fathers are more likely to live in separate households, Pew estimates that 67 percent of black dads who don’t live with their kids see them at least once a month, compared to 59 percent of white dads and just 32 percent of Hispanic dads."

You have got to be kidding. Those statistics are completely bogus. 32 percent of Hispanic Dads? I'm White and live in a predominantly Hispanic area. I have many Hispanic friends and relationships through baseball coaching and I will bet my last dollar that you will not find more devoted Fathers than Hispanic Fathers. That study and it's data are complete nonsense.

You have got to be kidding. Those statistics are completely bogus. 32 percent of Hispanic Dads? I'm White and live in a predominantly Hispanic area. I have many Hispanic friends and relationships through baseball coaching and I will bet my last dollar that you will not find more devoted Fathers than Hispanic Fathers. That study and it's data are complete nonsense.
Your belief is not required as I am not trying to convince you. I am just giving you the information. At this point you are simply advocating willful ignorance.:laugh:

Its easy for a bunch of Dads to spend time with kids when most of those Dads...dont work.

Hell id play catch with my son all day every day if I was living on welfare too.

Forum List

Back