🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hope Springs Eternal...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
http://news.yahoo.com/israels-netan...NhdANzY2llbmNlfHBldHMEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3

By Crispian Balmer

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Thursday he would put any peace deal with the Palestinians to a referendum, raising expectations that direct negotiations might soon resume following a two-year stalemate.

It was the second time in just three days that Netanyahu has publicly mentioned the possibility of holding a nationwide vote on an eventual accord and came as U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met Israeli politicians in Washington to discuss talks.

"If we get to a peace agreement with the Palestinians, I'd like to bring it to a referendum, and I'd like to talk to you about your experiences with that," Netanyahu said as he met Swiss Foreign Minister Didier Burkhalter.

Switzerland regularly holds referendum on a broad range of issues. Israel, by contrast, has never held a referendum in its 65-year history, and previous peace treaties with Arab neighbors Egypt and Jordan were approved by parliament.

Netanyahu leads a center-right coalition that includes supporters of the settlement movement, many of whom are fiercely opposed to the idea of allowing the Palestinians an independent state on land seized by Israel in the 1967 war.

By pledging to put any deal to a referendum, Netanyahu could be hoping to avert any immediate far-right backlash to a decision to talk land-for-peace with the Palestinians, promising that the Israeli people would have the final word.

Last edited:
Blessed move:clap2:
I just hope some nutty Right Wing Wacko doesn't kill Bibbi like they did Rabin...
Absolute Turnspeak here!
Turnspeak? I think the Right Wing Wackos will stop at nothing to destroy a peace...Their aim is Eretz Israel...yes they murdered Rabin, and I doubt they would accept a peace, even if it is accepted in the ballot box...

They may even rebel. As for you Hosshiite, you are one of them.

Last edited:
I just hope some nutty Right Wing Wacko doesn't kill Bibbi like they did Rabin...
Absolute Turnspeak here!
Turnspeak? I think the Right Wing Wackos will stop at nothing to destroy a peace...Their aim is Eretz Israel...yes they murdered Rabin, and I doubt they would accept a peace, even if it is accepted in the ballot box...

Haven't you been paying attention to the Muslim clergy? They want Islam to rule the entire world. Can you tell us how you can make peace under these conditions, Phillip? I think Phillip believes that the Muslims really have no problem with any Jews governing a small area. I also think it is obvious that you would roll over for these Muslim clergy because you really are a perfect Dhimwit. The one who killed Rabin was a man from some Middle East country who saw how the Muslims treated the Jews so he was unhappy with what Rabin agreed to do with the Arabs because in his mind it was all a farce to try and make peace with them. Perhaps you are in on some secret where you think it was a group of men who conspired to kill Rabin. Why don't you tell us about the Muslims who have killed their leaders, Phillip, or aren't you interested because you seem to be stuck on one little area in the world? By the way, I think the readers see Mr. Boston Village Idiot is calling me Hossshiite again. I think he gets off on calling me that when he is the one who is actually full of it.

Absolute Turnspeak here!

Haven't you been paying attention to the Muslim clergy? They want Islam to rule the entire world. Can you tell us how you can make peace under these conditions, Phillip? I think Phillip believes that the Muslims really have no problem with any Jews governing a small area. I also think it is obvious that you would roll over for these Muslim clergy because you really are a perfect Dhimwit. The one who killed Rabin was a man from some Middle East country who saw how the Muslims treated the Jews so he was unhappy with what Rabin agreed to do with the Arabs because in his mind it was all a farce to try and make peace with them. Perhaps you are in on some secret where you think it was a group of men who conspired to kill Rabin. Why don't you tell us about the Muslims who have killed their leaders, Phillip, or aren't you interested because you seem to be stuck on one little area in the world? By the way, I think the readers see Mr. Boston Village Idiot is calling me Hossshiite again. I think he gets off on calling me that when he is the one who is actually full of it.
Dear Hosshiite...Let me say it simply...I want the USA out of that Quagmire which may never see peace, especially with Israel's bullying and ignoring all UN Resolutions and even American prodding to accept the 67 borders...

You on the other hand support a sort of American Jihad against Islam to protect Israel...the result: Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine...it will never end unless Israel stops terrorizing Muslims in their homes...

Your Hosshiite comes at the expense of American lives and money.

Enough!

Dear Hosshiite...Let me say it simply...I want the USA out of that Quagmire which may never see peace, especially with Israel's bullying and ignoring all UN Resolutions and even American prodding to accept the 67 borders...

You on the other hand support a sort of American Jihad against Islam to protect Israel...the result: Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine...it will never end unless Israel stops terrorizing Muslims in their homes...

Enough!

How bout this. Israel and the U.S.A will be allies forever. The question is, when will you stop crying over this?

Enough!
You getting off once more, Mr. Village Idiot, by calling me Hosshiite again??? You have been saying the same old stuff for years and years, but I still don't think you realize what is going on in the Muslim world -- whether in the Middle East, Africa or Southeast Asia. Have you ever thought, Mr. Village Idiot, that the there will never be peace until all the Muslims show tolerance to those of other religions instead of harassing and murdering them and destroying their houses of worship. Do you, in your feeble mind, really think that whatever Israel does to try to make these Muslims happy, it will never be enough because the Muslims want to control the entire Middle East. Look at what happened to Lebanon which was primarily a Maronite Christian country.

The death of churches in the Islam world | Human Events

Israel's Netanyahu says would put peace deal to referendum

By Crispian Balmer

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Thursday he would put any peace deal with the Palestinians to a referendum, raising expectations that direct negotiations might soon resume following a two-year stalemate.

It was the second time in just three days that Netanyahu has publicly mentioned the possibility of holding a nationwide vote on an eventual accord and came as U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met Israeli politicians in Washington to discuss talks.

"If we get to a peace agreement with the Palestinians, I'd like to bring it to a referendum, and I'd like to talk to you about your experiences with that," Netanyahu said as he met Swiss Foreign Minister Didier Burkhalter.

Switzerland regularly holds referendum on a broad range of issues. Israel, by contrast, has never held a referendum in its 65-year history, and previous peace treaties with Arab neighbors Egypt and Jordan were approved by parliament.

Netanyahu leads a center-right coalition that includes supporters of the settlement movement, many of whom are fiercely opposed to the idea of allowing the Palestinians an independent state on land seized by Israel in the 1967 war.

By pledging to put any deal to a referendum, Netanyahu could be hoping to avert any immediate far-right backlash to a decision to talk land-for-peace with the Palestinians, promising that the Israeli people would have the final word.

Before you get all fuzzy and warm inside Netanyahu did not say he would approach the Israeli people with anything that might be " offered ". He made it clear he would go to the Israelis with something that might be taken seriously. The majority of Israelis are not going to vote going back to "67" borders and be deprived of E. Jerusalem

Forum List

Back