Hope they pass Trumpcare.....

I have noticed that the rabid anti-ACA posters come in two categories. The first group are those that are uninsurable under pre-ACA underwriting rules, who are, frankly, totally ignorant about health insurance, and somehow think that they got a raw deal under ACA. The second group are those that are insured, probably under their employer's group insurance plan, and don't give a rat's ass about uninsured people, because they have their's, and resent contributing to the cost of the uninsured. It seems to me that I am seeing fewer and fewer posts from the first group, who are slowly beginning to realize that ACA is a WHOLE lot better than what the GOP wants to give them, instead.

In spite of my passionate support of universal health insurance, I find myself more and more often thinking, in times of discouragement, that it would serve that first group right, if Trumpcare becomes law.

The uninsurable's that have ACA only think they got a raw deal because of maybe a high deductible and then screaming about lowering the deductibles and co pays, and then wanting premium's lower? WTF have they been drinking the lower the deductible's and co pays the higher the premium's.

Then there are those talking personal responsibility and bitching about high deductibles and hi co pays, well that's called personal responsibility to pay a portion of your own health insurance.

Trump is on TV saying obamacare is dead and talking about the talented congressmen standing behind him.

In spite of my passionate support of universal health insurance, I find myself more and more often thinking, in times of discouragement, that it would serve that first group right, if Trumpcare becomes law.

I know how you feel. This time of year when someone calls me for health insurance I ask the usual special enrollment question's and if they answer no, I will say you cannot purchase until Open enrollment between Nov 1 - Dec 15th for Jan 1 effective date and they say well I just went to the doctor and I need a lot of tests or they have been diagnosed with something and they need health insurance. This happened last week to a 35 year old son of one of my clients. Went to doc about a problem and tested for something and the doc gave him prescription for a $1500 per month drug. Sometimes I feel empathy, but most of the times I ask why didn't you get it when you could and they say well I don't like obamacare. Then I will say, yep this is where it's got you.

Yawn. You know full well that per capita the old folks easily cost more than any demographic, if you DON'T know that you are just blowing smoke out of your arse.

Who do you consider old? Is over 65 old? Over 75 old? Over 85 old?

BTW: http://www.healthcostinstitute.org/files/Age-Curve-Study_0.pdf

This shows the most expensive group is infants. They cost more per capita than till you reach 90 years old,

You don't seem to be able to read your own chart well. It shows the cost of a New Born being high, but by age ten the realities set in and their costs are shown to be dramatically less than those of 50 and above.

I will say you cannot purchase until Open enrollment between Nov 1 - Dec 15th for Jan 1 effective date and they say well I just went to the doctor and I need a lot of tests or they have been diagnosed with something and they need health insurance. .

This is why collision coverage, or flood insurance, etc doesn't take effect right away. People would wait until they are facing huge costs, before getting insured. The only way to make it affordable is if everybody spreads the risk, instead of gambling on the future.

This shows the most expensive group is infants. They cost more per capita than till you reach 90 years old,

You don't seem to be able to read your own chart well. It shows the cost of a New Born being high, but by age ten the realities set in and their costs are shown to be dramatically less than those of 50 and above.

High is an understatement. It's higher than any other group less than 90 years old,

I have noticed that the rabid anti-ACA posters come in two categories. The first group are those that are uninsurable under pre-ACA underwriting rules, who are, frankly, totally ignorant about health insurance, and somehow think that they got a raw deal under ACA. The second group are those that are insured, probably under their employer's group insurance plan, and don't give a rat's ass about uninsured people, because they have their's, and resent contributing to the cost of the uninsured. It seems to me that I am seeing fewer and fewer posts from the first group, who are slowly beginning to realize that ACA is a WHOLE lot better than what the GOP wants to give them, instead.

"The first group are those that are uninsurable under pre-ACA underwriting rules, who are, frankly, totally ignorant about health insurance, and somehow think that they got a raw deal under ACA"

There is a third group, and that group is where you fall. That group says something is better than nothing. That's pure emotion. By putting someone who is sick into a plan that has a $7150 deductible and a max of $14300 family out of pocket they might as well have nothing. They can't pay the 7150 OR the 14300. (Yes that's exactly where most of them fall, in the Bronze plans) Now the Tax payer is paying both premium AND care costs for them.

High is an understatement. It's higher than any other group less than 90 years old,

For less than ten years. Give it up son.

Most expensive age group starts at zero (infants), If you want to control insurance costs, instead of charging the elderly 5 times as much, you should charge infants 10 times as much, in order to cover their own costs,

Most expenasive age group starts at zero (infants), If you want to control insurance costs, instead of charging the elderly 5 times as much, you should charge infants 10 times as much, in order to cover their own costs,

Spoken like a true insurance novice. According to your chart :

"In general, the analysis shows that health care costs increase by age with the exception of the very

youngest ages. Costs, on average, are very high in the first year or two of birth and drop significantly by

age five. At that point, costs increase modestly through the teen years. Female costs then begin to

accelerate more quickly during child-bearing ages and flatten out in the 40s before increasing again.

Male costs are relatively flat in the 20s and begin to accelerate after age 30, but remain lower on a per

person basis than females in the same age group. The “cross-over age” occurs in the early 60s, when per

capita spending for males exceeds that for females. Medicare costs (excluding private and Medicaidfinanced

long-term care) for beneficiaries age 65 and older continue to increase with age. Males

continue to have higher costs than females for whom per person costs start to decline around age 90."

Your source proves exactly what I said, sorry.

Wrong, it said:
"In general, the analysis shows that health care costs increase by age with the exception of the very youngest ages.
Costs, on average, are very high in the first year or two of birth and drop significantly by age five.

The per capita cost of care for infants is higher than any other group less than 90 years old, That's just per capita, now multiply it by the greater number of newborns vs people over 90 years old, and the total cost difference is even bigger,.

Wrong, it said:
"In general, the analysis shows that health care costs increase by age with the exception of the very youngest ages.
Costs, on average, are very high in the first year or two of birth and drop significantly by age five.

The per capita cost of care for infants is higher than any other group less than 90 years old, That's just per capita, now multiply it by the greater number of newborns vs people over 90 years old, and the total cost difference is even bigger,.

"At that point, costs increase modestly through the teen years. Female costs then begin to

accelerate more quickly during child-bearing ages and flatten out in the 40s before increasing again.

Male costs are relatively flat in the 20s and begin to accelerate after age 30, but remain lower on a per

person basis than females in the same age group. The “cross-over age” occurs in the early 60s, when per

capita spending for males exceeds that for females. Medicare costs (excluding private and Medicaidfinanced

long-term care) for beneficiaries age 65 and older continue to increase with age. Males"

I'm beating you over the head with your own source kid.

"The first group are those that are uninsurable under pre-ACA underwriting rules, who are, frankly, totally ignorant about health insurance, and somehow think that they got a raw deal under ACA"

There is a third group, and that group is where you fall. That group says something is better than nothing. That's pure emotion. By putting someone who is sick into a plan that has a $7150 deductible and a max of $14300 family out of pocket they might as well have nothing. They can't pay the 7150 OR the 14300. (Yes that's exactly where most of them fall, in the Bronze plans) Now the Tax payer is paying both premium AND care costs for them.
Doc, I spent my entire career in health insurance. As VP of underwriting, it was my job to make sure that no one's application for insurance was accepted, who was likely going to end up costing us more money than they paid us in premiums. If you think that was better than ACA, then you fall under the category of "hopelessly ignorant"

Most but not all of my clients that had a pre x coming in, qualified for a subsidy and most were on a C plan, so low deductible and co pays. The ones who did not get a subsidy and wealthier I showed the plans with lower deductibles and co pays. The first year I sold a lot of Platinum plans but as premium's went up next year they opted for gold. I have an attorney family of 4 in his 40's that was paying $24000 last year and he is always running to the doc, this year he chose a silver plan with $5000 deductible and lowered his premium's by half. I showed him every plan we had to offer and we sat and did the math and he is the one that decided on the silver.

I haven't had anyone for this years open enrollment (once they saw premium) purchase a platinum or gold, most all silver.

Don't worry folks GOP senate has said they will do their own plan.

GOP senators: We're doing our own healthcare bill
So long as the senate literally does it's own bill and doesn't take this bill up, it should be ok

I kind of figured the senate would blow this one off or change it since Paul and McConnell are from Kentucky. We'll see what they come up with, it's going to be a hard sell to get the dems to sign on to anything. Hell if the dems can McCain to wake up for the vote, they'll say John just push this button and go back to sleep. We'll see what happens in the coming months. I think the senate will have house version scored by CBO first to see some figures.

Don't worry folks GOP senate has said they will do their own plan.

GOP senators: We're doing our own healthcare bill
So long as the senate literally does it's own bill and doesn't take this bill up, it should be ok

I kind of figured the senate would blow this one off or change it since Paul and McConnell are from Kentucky. We'll see what they come up with, it's going to be a hard sell to get the dems to sign on to anything. Hell if the dems can McCain to wake up for the vote, they'll say John just push this button and go back to sleep. We'll see what happens in the coming months. I think the senate will have house version scored by CBO first to see some figures.
It would not be good to have a senate version and this version go to committee to hammer out a compromise.

There are so many threads on this subject and I've been trying to stay up and someone posted something about how much more it will cost because their wife has arthritis, correct? Well if you have a deductible on drugs or now in a tier 6 or 7 go to goodrx.com put that drug in for coupon, sometimes that will help you out. Also call the manufacturer and ask if they have an assistance program. I believe this is Montel Williams site, pparx.com this might help. There are quite a few ways to help you with expensive drugs.

These Moon Bats are delusional.

The filthy Democrats lost 52 seats in the House of Representatives after passing Obamacare.

The disaster of Obamacare had a lot to do with the filthy Democrats losing over 1000 nationwide offices during Obama's disastrous administration.

Moon Bats are delusional if they think it is a loser to be against Obamacare.

Forum List

Back