House "conservatives" to revive effort for constitutional gay marriage ban

Our Congress is incapable of passing the simplest legislation....A constitutional amendment is beyond their reach

We can't leave it to the states. It's already a Federal issue.

Perhaps an amendment to leave it to the states without Federal ability to interfere.

I agree, this is a state issue which the federal government has no right to interfere as they have. The freedom that is being denied is the freedom of those who voted on the issue. The SCOTUS took away that freedom.

There is more then just the sexual aspect of gay marriage there is a HUGE economic consideration. That is what is being ignored by the left wing zealots that only care about blacks and gays because they vote.

Obama is the one killing jobs...look what he did Tuesday to the coal industry.

The coal industry is reeling from the low price of natural gas. You know, market forces like supply & demand? That's capitalism in case you need any help.

The whole electrical supply industry is reeling from the disaster of the last 4 years. Industry drives demand for electricity. Residential load alone is not sufficient to drive profitability. So the alternative for the electric industry is to close plants. They will use Obama as an excuse but they want to drop capacity in order to "get the price where it should be." That is a direct quote from a CEO of a large electric utility, I heard it myself. That means the residential customer will obviously be paying much more although right now there is a glut of energy.

Forum List

Back