House Dems propose national park on moon

we could do it tomorrow if we wanted to.

And yet we don't.

And btw we couldn't do it tomorrow if we wanted to. It would take time to build a ship. It would take time to determine when the proper launch window would occur. It takes time to train a crew. It takes time to travel from the earth to the moon. You seriously don't think NASA just sits there and says, "Hey I know! Let's go to the moon tomorrow!" and they do it.

If we can do it still, then let's prove it and do it.

thanks captain literal.....

UGH..

:confused:

Why haven't we been to the moon in decades?

Is it possible that it's because we can't do it anymore?

Been there done that. It's like a lot of our scientific efforts. We've satisfied our curiosity and were #1. Now it's just another expensive trip (and we probably need permission from the wolrd community)

my curiosity hasnt been satisfied. I want to know alot more. Perhaps there is a fuel source that could be viable on the moon. Perhaps there are things there that we havent been told. Etc.

It took thousands of years to explore planet earth and we are still learning new things about the world around us everyday. You seriously think we've explored every aspect of the moon in 1-2 decades?

All we can afford. We can scan the shit outta that rock and not leave our living rooms.

And yet we don't.

And btw we couldn't do it tomorrow if we wanted to. It would take time to build a ship. It would take time to determine when the proper launch window would occur. It takes time to train a crew. It takes time to travel from the earth to the moon. You seriously don't think NASA just sits there and says, "Hey I know! Let's go to the moon tomorrow!" and they do it.

If we can do it still, then let's prove it and do it.

thanks captain literal.....

UGH..

:confused:

He's upset because he made a stupid statement and I called him on it.

Been there done that. It's like a lot of our scientific efforts. We've satisfied our curiosity and were #1. Now it's just another expensive trip (and we probably need permission from the wolrd community)

my curiosity hasnt been satisfied. I want to know alot more. Perhaps there is a fuel source that could be viable on the moon. Perhaps there are things there that we havent been told. Etc.

It took thousands of years to explore planet earth and we are still learning new things about the world around us everyday. You seriously think we've explored every aspect of the moon in 1-2 decades?

All we can afford. We can scan the shit outta that rock and not leave our living rooms.

Another American who doesn't want to leave their living room :cool:

Which just brings up my question again. Are we not going to the moon because we aren't able to? Our financial house is not in order. I think that's one of the biggest obstacles. Even if it was, our space programs is virtually dismantled.

I'd rather just send the current politicians in Washington to the moon - one way ticket.

This sounds expensive and let's all remember that White House tours are closed because of the Sequestration. How can they even entertain the idea of funding this when we are broke?

Which just brings up my question again. Are we not going to the moon because we aren't able to? Our financial house is not in order. I think that's one of the biggest obstacles. Even if it was, our space programs is virtually dismantled.

Our astronauts are taking Russians Soyuz to space now. What does that say about "the lone world superpower?"

Sounds like we're a bunch of pussies.

First the US would have to claim ownership, if I'm not mistaken there are already international treaties that prohibit that.

Treaties are made to be broken.

You might also want to check the Constitution on what lands congress can legally acquire. I don't think extraterrestrial lands are included.

normal_A11USFlag.jpg

You mean to tell me that doesn't inspire anything in you?

First the US would have to claim ownership, if I'm not mistaken there are already international treaties that prohibit that.

You might also want to check the Constitution on what lands congress can legally acquire. I don't think extraterrestrial lands are included.

I don't see why they would be excluded.

I don't see anything in the Constitution saying they can't be acquired. but then some thought that the Lousiana Purchase wasn't authorized under the Constitution. So there is precedent for the government acquiring land not specifically mentioned under the Constitution.

normal_A11USFlag.jpg

Nope, National Parks in this country are unconstitutional, why the hell would I want to waste more money for one on the freaking moon?

It sucks that you feel that way man. I don't understand at all.

I don't see anything in the Constitution saying they can't be acquired. but then some thought that the Lousiana Purchase wasn't authorized under the Constitution. So there is precedent for the government acquiring land not specifically mentioned under the Constitution.

The Louisiana Purchase was done by treaty and perfectly constitutional. If you haven't heard this bill also requires the construction of a visitors center in close proximity of the moon, exactly where would that be?

The Louisiana Purchase was done by treaty and perfectly constitutional. If you haven't heard this bill also requires the construction of a visitors center in close proximity of the moon, exactly where would that be?

Hopefully in tranquility bay. The place where America first laid claim to the moon.

I bet Jefferson would've wanted to go to the moon way more than anywhere in the Louisiana territories :cool:

normal_A11USFlag.jpg

Nope, National Parks in this country are unconstitutional, why the hell would I want to waste more money for one on the freaking moon?

It sucks that you feel that way man. I don't understand at all.

Might suck for you, not me. You either believe the constitution means what is says or not. The federal government was confined by the framers and the politicians and lawyers have found ways to escape those confines and I think its past time to put the leviathan back in its cage, not encourage more lawlessness.

Well, let's make a treaty with the "moon people" and do it.

How the heck do you build something in close proximity to the oon?

Why haven't we been to the moon in decades?

Is it possible that it's because we can't do it anymore?

we could do it tomorrow if we wanted to.

Then why don't we? Has the human spirit been exhausted?

i forget the reason but the scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson gave a reason on a podcast i was listening to. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27uIF5q9POM]Neil deGrasse Tyson - We Stopped Dreaming - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back