'House for sale by owner because my neighbor's a douchebag' sign raises stakes in Texas feud

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A front-yard sign calling a neighbor a "douchebag" may not be the best way to change the neighbor's behavior.

But for one frustrated Farmers Branch family, it's at least getting a lot of attention.

James and Lisa Price -- who have a sign in their yard that says "'House for sale by owner because my neighbor's a douchebag" -- have appeared on Dallas TV and now say they're getting calls from New York news outlets.

The sign went up Aug. 7, after months of tension between the Prices and their nextdoor neighbors culminated in the Prices getting a $121 ticket from the city over their dogs, James Price said Friday.

Shortly after a retired couple moved into the rental house next door about two years ago, Price said the wife came over "a few times" to ask that the Prices keep their four dogs inside the house until 9 a.m. because the retirees liked to sleep late.
House for sale by owner because my neighbor s a douchebag sign raises stakes in Texas feud - SFGate

Wow.

Four dogs? I don't know if I could handle that.

How loud can these dogs be? And considering its Texas isn't the air conditioning running?

I'm sure that when potential buyers see the sign they will want to purchase as soon as possible. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

The guy said he just wanted his neighbors to talk to him but it appears that they did several times.

Sounds like they are the D-bags if they have four dogs barking all the time.

The guy said he just wanted his neighbors to talk to him but it appears that they did several times.

It seems the conversations did not go well. besides, dogs gotta go when dogs gotta go.

There's something wrong with people who don't like dogs.

I don't think it's a question of liking dogs. I like dogs. I just don't want to own one.

Agree.

I love dogs and have a dog. That doesn't mean I should have to put up with my neighbor's dog too. I would never let my dog sit outside and bark or go into other people's yards.

We were just watching two orphan fawns from our kitchen window. A big concern is our neighbor lets their dog run loose and she would at least chase the fawns. Why should I give up watching the deer in my yard just because my yahoo neighbors won't fence their dog in?

Forum List

Back