House GOPers War On Birth Control

It boggles the mind that ANYONE would have a problem with birth control. Free condoms, free the Pill!

The GOP has lost it's mind.
You're late to the party. The GOP isn't against birth control. That was a

...wait for it...

lie. If liberalism made sense they wouldn't have to resort to lies. But it doesn't so they do. And this is one of the more stupid ones.

How dare you call me a liar? The GOP is against birth control and is trying to put Planned Parenthood out of business. HR 358 will prevent private insurance companies from paying for birth control. They're pushing a spending plan that eliminates the Title X family planning program, which for forty years has provided contraceptives and other basic preventive health care to women in need.

"A draft continuing resolution to fund the government, due out tomorrow from the House appropriations committee, will cut $327 million in family planning funding that goes to organizations like Planned Parenthood but that cannot be used to pay for abortions. This money, instead, is used to fund cancer screenings, birth control, and other health care services for poor people. The $327 million is the sum total of this sort of funding under current law. The House GOP is trying to zero out Planned Parenthood."
House GOP Declares War on Planned Parenthood | Mother Jones

GOP sucks.

Last edited:
It boggles the mind that ANYONE would have a problem with birth control. Free condoms, free the Pill!

...wait for it...

lie. If liberalism made sense they wouldn't have to resort to lies. But it doesn't so they do. And this is one of the more stupid ones.

Whoa...

Talk about a lie.

The GOP is not against birth control. As a representative of those with conservative beliefs it debates against the teaching of birth control through the school system at an early age and taking from the parent the right to decide when it is appropriate to introduce their child to sex and what it is all about...it debates against tax payers money going to birth control as it believes such is the responsibility of those that wish to enagge in sex...and it debates that if anything should be emphasized to our children through the school system as it pertains to birth control, then such should be abstinance.

And yes, I agree, that both sides of all three of those items have merit.

Please do not spin the truth. It ruins a good debate.

...wait for it...

How dare you call me a liar?

"A draft continuing resolution to fund the government, due out tomorrow from the House appropriations committee, will cut $327 million in family planning funding that goes to organizations like Planned Parenthood but that cannot be used to pay for abortions. This money, instead, is used to fund cancer screenings, birth control, and other health care services for poor people. The $327 million is the sum total of this sort of funding under current law. The House GOP is trying to zero out Planned Parenthood."
Actually I wasn't calling you a liar, I was calling the author of the article this thread is based on a liar.

I'm now calling you illiterate though. Not only for that, but that even in the quote you provided, their issue is government funded abortions, not birth control.

I'm also calling you pathetic because to you for someone to believe government shouldn't be paying for something means they have "a problem with it."

So, address my actual points please, I am calling you a pathetic illiterate, but I am not calling you a liar. Hope that clears things up

...wait for it...

Whoa...

Talk about a lie.

The GOP is not against birth control. As a representative of those with conservative beliefs it debates against the teaching of birth control through the school system at an early age and taking from the parent the right to decide when it is appropriate to introduce their child to sex and what it is all about...it debates against tax payers money going to birth control as it believes such is the responsibility of those that wish to enagge in sex...and it debates that if anything should be emphasized to our children through the school system as it pertains to birth control, then such should be abstinance.

The GOP seeks to eliminate Title X funding for family planning which has provided health screenings for poor women for 40 years.

...wait for it...

Whoa...

Talk about a lie.

I think you quoted the wrong post, I'm on your side on this point. I have spent my life mostly with conservative Christians and the number who have opposed birth control is approximately...no wait, make that exactly...zero.

...wait for it...

Whoa...

Talk about a lie.

The GOP seeks to eliminate Title X funding for family planning which has provided health screenings for poor women for 40 years.

I admit to know nothing about this. Please elaborate and I trust you will offer me facts not some rhetoric...

...wait for it...

How dare you call me a liar?

Actually I wasn't calling you a liar, I was calling the author of the article this thread is based on a liar.

I'm now calling you illiterate though. Not only for that, but that even in the quote you provided, their issue is government funded abortions, not birth control.

I'm also calling you pathetic because to you for someone to believe government shouldn't be paying for something means they have "a problem with it."

So, address my actual points please, I am calling you a pathetic illiterate, but I am not calling you a liar. Hope that clears things up

Stop calling me names. Hope that clears things up.

Debate the issue. The truth is this GOP bill will eliminate all Title X funds which have existed for 40 years for poor women's health care. This is an issue of the GOP trying to shut down planned parenthood and restrict private insurance companies from paying for birth control.

This is being done under the guise of it being about government sponsored abortions. The services they seek to cut ARE NOT abortion.

I don't think taxpayers should fund abortion but I do think we should fund birth control and pregancy services.

Last edited:
Wow, if government doesn't fund it, government is against it. The waters are indeed shallow. No diving is allowed...

...wait for it...

Whoa...

Talk about a lie.

I think you quoted the wrong post, I'm on your side on this point. I have spent my life mostly with conservative Christians and the number who have opposed birth control is approximately...no wait, make that exactly...zero.

sorry...misread something somewhere...but I made my point anyway so I think all is good.

Whoa...

Talk about a lie.

I admit to know nothing about this. Please elaborate and I trust you will offer me facts not some rhetoric...

The Pitts bill is part of the war on contraception that's being waged by House Republican leaders. They're pushing a spending plan that eliminates the Title X family planning program, which for forty years has provided contraceptives and other basic preventive health care to women in need. They're trying to defund Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest provider of contraceptive care. They are trying to prevent states from even exercising an option to expand contraceptive coverage under state Medicaid programs. And now, they are allowing states to deny women coverage of contraception under the Affordable Care Act.

The Affordable Care Act included, as part of the compromise on abortion, a provision that made clear that nothing in the health care law would preempt state laws on abortion. H.R. 358 expands this provision, preventing the new health care law from preempting any state law - now or in the future - that has to do with "conscience rights." The Energy and Commerce Committee counsel admitted today that this provision goes WAY beyond abortion. In fact, it gives states carte blanche to undo, in the name of “conscience,” almost any federal requirement in the Affordable Care Act.

This loophole means that, under H.R. 358, a state could exempt any insurance plan from a requirement under the Affordable Care Act that insurance plans cover birth control or any other essential health benefits if complying is against its - the health insurance plan's -- "moral convictions."

The Affordable Care Act may finally mean that all new health insurance plans will cover contraceptives. And now, under the cloak of "taxpayer funded abortion," members of the Energy and Commerce Committee admitted today that the bill would allow states to opt-out of this guarantee.

I don't think taxpayers should fund abortion but I do think we should fund birth control and pregancy services.

You said Republicans are against birth control because they are cutting spending for it. It's hard to have a rational conversation with someone who says that.

I have a question though, why should "taxpayers" fund birth control? Why don't you fund your own? If you want others to have it, why don't you raise money for them? It is your choice what to do with your money, why is it your choice to take my money to fund other people having sex?

The Pitts bill is part of the war on contraception that's being waged by House Republican leaders
Right, government not funding contraception is a "war on contraception." Got it.

What a fucking moron you are. You're too cheap to give your own money, too lazy to raise it. Some Democrat comes and shows you their legs and promises to do your job for you, and you pull the lever turning your personal responsibility over to them.

Last edited:

You said Republicans are against birth control because they are cutting spending for it. It's hard to have a rational conversation with someone who says that.

I have a question though, why should "taxpayers" fund birth control? Why don't you fund your own? If you want others to have it, why don't you raise money for them? It is your choice what to do with your money, why is it your choice to take my money to fund other people having sex?

Yes. We should fund contraceptive services and pregnancy services for poor people. It's my money too.

This is what the GOP wants to cut:

Over the past 40 years, Title X family planning clinics have played a critical role in ensuring access to a broad range of family planning and related preventive health services for millions of low-income or uninsured individuals and others. In addition to contraceptive services and related counseling, Title X-supported clinics provide a number of related preventive health services such as: patient education and counseling; breast and pelvic examinations; breast and cervical cancer screening according to nationally recognized standards of care; sexually transmitted disease (STD) and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) prevention education, counseling, testing and referral; and pregnancy diagnosis and counseling.

By law, Title X funds may not be used in programs where abortion is a method of family planning.

It's a question of valuing poor people.

Last edited:
The Pitts bill is part of the war on contraception that's being waged by House Republican leaders
Right, government not funding contraception is a "war on contraception." Got it.

What a fucking moron you are. You're too cheap to give your own money, too lazy to raise it. Some Democrat comes and shows you their legs and promises to do your job for you, and you pull the lever turning your personal responsibility over to them.

This is my last post to you since you cannot debate civilly. See ya.

The Pitts bill is part of the war on contraception that's being waged by House Republican leaders. They're pushing a spending plan that eliminates the Title X family planning program, which for forty years has provided contraceptives and other basic preventive health care to women in need. They're trying to defund Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest provider of contraceptive care. They are trying to prevent states from even exercising an option to expand contraceptive coverage under state Medicaid programs. And now, they are allowing states to deny women coverage of contraception under the Affordable Care Act.

The Affordable Care Act included, as part of the compromise on abortion, a provision that made clear that nothing in the health care law would preempt state laws on abortion. H.R. 358 expands this provision, preventing the new health care law from preempting any state law - now or in the future - that has to do with "conscience rights." The Energy and Commerce Committee counsel admitted today that this provision goes WAY beyond abortion. In fact, it gives states carte blanche to undo, in the name of “conscience,” almost any federal requirement in the Affordable Care Act.

This loophole means that, under H.R. 358, a state could exempt any insurance plan from a requirement under the Affordable Care Act that insurance plans cover birth control or any other essential health benefits if complying is against its - the health insurance plan's -- "moral convictions."

The Affordable Care Act may finally mean that all new health insurance plans will cover contraceptives. And now, under the cloak of "taxpayer funded abortion," members of the Energy and Commerce Committee admitted today that the bill would allow states to opt-out of this guarantee.
"war on contraception"???

oh PAHLEEEZE:tinfoil:

Yes. We should fund contraceptive services and pregnancy services for poor people. It's my money too
And your money you should be able to spend as you see fit. But forcing others to put money in the pot and then saying you should be able to spend the whole pot on your objective isn't your right.

But that's not what I'm insulting you for. What I'm insulting you for specifically is your endlessly repeated statement that government not funding birth control is an "attack" on birth control. That's just moronic.

Last edited:

This is my last post to you since you cannot debate civilly. See ya.
Actually I can debate civilly. I just am not doing it with you. And that is because you keep saying Republicans are attacking birth control because they don't want government to fund it. There is no point in civilly discussing anything with an idiot. But it can be fun...

"war on contraception"???

oh PAHLEEEZE:tinfoil:

Under H.R. 358, a state could exempt any insurance plan from a requirement under the Affordable Care Act that insurance plans cover birth control or any other essential health benefits if complying is against its - the health insurance plan's -- "moral convictions."

Under H.R. 358, a state could exempt any insurance plan from a requirement under the Affordable Care Act that insurance plans cover birth control or any other essential health benefits if complying is against its - the health insurance plan's -- "moral convictions."

Are you saying government needs to not only fund contraceptives but it must force private insurance companies to fund them as well? If private insurance companies are able to not fund contraceptives that would certainly be an attack on birth control, don't you think?

Are you saying government needs to not only fund contraceptives but it must force private insurance companies to fund them as well? If private insurance companies are able to not fund contraceptives that would certainly be an attack on birth control, don't you think?

It needs to allow private insurance companies to fund contraception. I'm in favor of the government funding contraceptive services for women who have no health insurance and no other way to pay for it.

Thanks for returning to civility.

Forum List

Back