House GOP’s First Vote? A Gift To Wealthy Tax Cheats

Tax cheats result in higher deficits and higher taxes on the rest of us.

Why anyone wants to protect tax cheats is beyond me. Absolutely insane.

I've paid $810 to the IRS this year already and it's only Jan 10th. The IRS got the money automatically, no agent needed to garnish my check. I'm a teacher, not a wealthy elitist, so my district just takes the money off the top.

Now the IRS needs 70 Billion dollars to hire agents to make sure I'm not cheating?
I’m a retiree, living on social security and IRA withdrawals. By the end of the month, I will have had almost $300 withheld from my SS deposit and another $700 from my IRA withdrawal.

Those are the only two sources of income. The IRS needs $70 billion to go after retirees like me?

Typical, worthless, purely anecdotal evidence in any case.
I live right outside DC. The government worker scam is well-known around here, and is laughed about (by the government workers).

It got so bad at Patent & Trademark that they finally had to take action. Americans were paying for salaries of “workers” who would log on, and then head out for 18 holes of golf.

Those burger flippers make my lunch every day. And in the process, they make an honest living.

Your “obviously needed, public interest accountants” are willing, knowing accessories to robbery, extortion, corruption, and fraud.

Yes, I will definitely choose to support the burger flippers, here.
I'm shocked. Shocked I tells ya. :sigh2:

I live right outside DC. The government worker scam is well-known around here, and is laughed about (by the government workers).

It got so bad at Patent & Trademark that they finally had to take action. Americans were paying for salaries of “workers” who would log on, and then head out for 18 holes of golf.
It's still going on today. Covid shutdowns exacerbated the problem and made it to where it was easier for people to clock in while doing nothing. (I live in the area as well.)

The first “policy” vote of the new Republican-controlled House of Representatives continued with their theme of capitulation to the extreme right, and more pointedly the people who fundthe political careers of the far right. They voted along party lines, 221 to 210, to rescind the more than $70 billion in IRS funding included in the Inflation Reduction Act to help the agency modernize and more effectively do its job.

The Congressional Budget Office scored the bill, and determined that if that $70 billion was rescinded for real (it won’t be, the Senate won’t do it), it would decrease federal revenue by more than double that amount—$186 billion. That’s $186 billion in lost revenue FOR the nation’s coffers between now and 2032. That means it would actually cost the nation more than $114 billion in the next decade.

Yes, the party of fiscal responsibility.

Yep. Explode the deficit $100 billion on the first day, to give Elon Musk, and David Koch a tax cut.
You think the agents would go after the rich? The agents were meant to come after easy money, the small businesses and middle class. The rich can hire attorneys, the small businesses and middle class can’t readily afford it, so they are the easy fruit.

It's still going on today. Covid shutdowns exacerbated the problem and made it to where it was easier for people to clock in while doing nothing. (I live in the area as well.)
Yup. Thanks for verifying what’s going on.

And what makes it even worse is that these “workers” go on vacation - on ski trips, to the beach, even to other countries - and take their laptop with them. They log in for an hour to respond to emails for an hour or so before they hit the slopes or the beach, and then they come back in the afternoon to catch up on the day’s emails and do an hour of real work.

Now they feel so entitled that if they are asked to come into the office ONE day a week, they bitch and complain - all the while collecting more than $100,000 a year.

The first “policy” vote of the new Republican-controlled House of Representatives continued with their theme of capitulation to the extreme right, and more pointedly the people who fundthe political careers of the far right. They voted along party lines, 221 to 210, to rescind the more than $70 billion in IRS funding included in the Inflation Reduction Act to help the agency modernize and more effectively do its job.

The Congressional Budget Office scored the bill, and determined that if that $70 billion was rescinded for real (it won’t be, the Senate won’t do it), it would decrease federal revenue by more than double that amount—$186 billion. That’s $186 billion in lost revenue FOR the nation’s coffers between now and 2032. That means it would actually cost the nation more than $114 billion in the next decade.

Yep. Explode the deficit $100 billion on the first day, to give Elon Musk, and David Koch a tax cut.

Stay off the daily kooks dumb ass.

IF the tax laws are bad then Congress needs to rewrite them. How long has your Dim ilk been in charge to do just that?

More howler monkey babbling. You don't know what they did, all you can do is cut and paste what some other lying howler monkey claims.

What’s I find most entertaining about this story, is Republicans actually thought this would put Democrats on the defensive. It’s actually had the opposite effect. Democrats are not only talking about it, they’re winning on the issue.

40 years of failed trickle down economics has finally caught up with Republicans, and the free ride on the tax cuts for the rich gravy train, is over.

What’s I find most entertaining about this story, is Republicans actually thought this would put Democrats on the defensive. It’s actually had the opposite effect. Democrats are not only talking about it, they’re winning on the issue.

40 years of failed trickle down economics has finally caught up with Republicans, and the free ride on the tax cuts for the rich gravy train, is over.
And yet, you Dims are too lazy to work, but not too stupid to try and lecture us on economics.
And remember, almost all the upper crust, top 1 percent, rich gravy trainers.....are Dimmers.

And remember, almost all the upper crust, top 1 percent, rich gravy trainers.....are Dimmers.
Sure they are :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back