House passes bill to require presidents to disclose their tax returns, Warren promises to disclose

One year and no details. But take heart. Congress will have ten years worth

That ought to be interesting
Unlikely.

We still have a Bill of Rights.

It is true that, while Congress MAY find a way to force access to Trump's tax returns, they have a much steeper hill to climb justifying releasing them to the public. Of course, we're talking about rabid democrats, so they'd probably think they were being heroic to release them (Spartacus comes to mind).

Nothing says they can't summarize them.

I really think those salivating for the red meat of Trump's returns being chewed over line by line by the cast and crew of MSNBC's hate fests are going to be disappointed. But stranger things have happened.

"H.R.1 is a blatant power grab to give Washington bureaucrats control over what American citizens can say about politics, how we can say it, and how we cast our ballots." - McConnell

But do libs really want to go there? What if leading liberals like Pelosi and Soros' tax returns are leaked? Or Tom Steyers'? Two can play this game, you know. And remember this here, President Trump is enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame. He knows how to fight fire with fire with jabronies and shove it straight up their candy asses.

But do libs really want to go there? What if leading liberals like Pelosi and Soros' tax returns are leaked? Or Tom Steyers'? Two can play this game, you know. And remember this here, President Trump is enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame. He knows how to fight fire with fire with jabronies and shove it straight up their candy asses.

That's probably the single biggest thing that will keep them from leaking anything they might find. Of course, they don't have to have corroborating evidence for their sycophants to all clap their flippers and honk their horns in unison.

Do you folks really think everyone is as dirty as Trump?

And Soros and Steyer are private citizens.

Not even part of the discussion

They are billionaires who donated to political causes, and presumedly filed tax returns. Of course they can be looked at- and are looked at I'm sure. The question is whether or not they can be leaked, I don't see why not, if President Trump's returns can be leaked so can anyone's.

If they have nothing to hide, why would they care? They shouldn't have got involved in politics if they had a problem.

They are billionaires who donated to political causes, and presumedly filed tax returns. Of course they can be looked at- and are looked at I'm sure. The question is whether or not they can be leaked, I don't see why not, if President Trump's returns can be leaked so can anyone's.

If they have nothing to hide, why would they care? They shouldn't have got involved in politics if they had a problem.
Not according to the bill this thread is about dumass.

There is no practical reason to be against this bill.

The only reason anyone on here is against it is obvious...because they are frightened it will make Trump look bad.

The only reason anyone on here is against it is obvious...because they are frightened it will make Trump look bad.

It could make other people look bad, too. If you think that President Trump is going to allow himself to look bad alone, you don't know Donald J. Trump.

You'd be surprised at the amount of information that's out there about anyone, and Trump's security clearance allows him to see just about anything.

I wouldn't fuck with Trump, and I don't think these Democrats will either.

How is it important? If knowing what everyone’s taxes is so important why didn’t congress include their own in the law?

Because they didn't. Maybe trump will issue and EO and have every member of the House and Senate submit their own taxes back for ten years - that's a sure way to impeach trump in the House, and convict him in the Senate.

It could make other people look bad, too. If you think that President Trump is going to allow himself to look bad alone, you don't know Donald J. Trump.

You'd be surprised at the amount of information that's out there about anyone, and Trump's security clearance allows him to see just about anything.

I wouldn't fuck with Trump, and I don't think these Democrats will either.

I'll take my chances, since I've never once cheated on my taxes.

Its not constitutional. The requirements for Presidents are listed in the Constitution. To do this, it has to be passed as a constitutional amendment by both houses of Congress and ratified by 3/4 of the states.

You need to read COTUS, not have Hannity read it to you.

Presidential tax returns aren't mentioned in the requirements for President.

The Constitution states:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Forum List

Back