House Republicans are committing political suicide

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
House Republicans are going to get clobbered in the next election, just like when they did when they shut down the government in 1995.

And Republicans in the Senate know it.....

Republican Senator Richard M. Burr on Thursday took aim at conservatives who have threatened to shut down the federal government if the 2010 health care law is not defunded, calling it the “dumbest idea I’ve ever heard.”

“I was around in 1995,” Burr acknowledged. “Some of these guys need to understand that if you shut down the federal government, you’d better have a specific reason to do it that’s achievable. Defunding the Affordable Care Act is not achievable through shutting down the federal government.”

Republican Senator Bob Corker said, "I didn’t go to Harvard or Princeton, but I can count -- the defunding box canyon is a tactic that will fail and weaken our position. "

http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/burr-dumbest-idea-to-shutdown-government-over-obamacare/

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my 47 percent won't vote for Republicans whatever will we do? I guess become Democrats.

House Republicans are going to get clobbered in the next election, just like when they did when they shut down the government in 1995.

Republican Senator Richard M. Burr on Thursday took aim at conservatives who have threatened to shut down the federal government if the 2010 health care law is not defunded, calling it the “dumbest idea I’ve ever heard.”

“I was around in 1995,” Burr acknowledged. “Some of these guys need to understand that if you shut down the federal government, you’d better have a specific reason to do it that’s achievable. Defunding the Affordable Care Act is not achievable through shutting down the federal government.”

Republican Senator Bob Corker said, "I didn’t go to Harvard or Princeton, but I can count -- the defunding box canyon is a tactic that will fail and weaken our position. "

Boehner was around in 1995 too. He was the #4 Republican in the House leadership.

Fact Checker - Lessons from the great government shutdown of 1995-1996

They got their asses handed to them in 1995 and the public is poised to hand it to them again if they want to play this silly assed game.

We will have Obamacare and nothing they do will stop it. They can either lie down and get out of the way now or shut down government (which will still not stop Obamacare) and take a beating at the polls next election. No problem for me either way. This battle is over before it ever began.

The only thing to do is sit back and watch the fun.....:popcorn:

Typical Republican House member

$gth.jpg

STOP ME BEFORE I KILL AGAIN

shutting down the govt. is one thing.

but if we default on the debt, The People will blame the GOP and they will pay a heavy price in 2014.

defaulting on the debt should NEVER be a legislative tactic or option.

shutting down the govt. is one thing.

but if we default on the debt, The People will blame the GOP and they will pay a heavy price in 2014.

defaulting on the debt should NEVER be a legislative tactic or option.

Funny, It was something Barry Obama voted for when he was a Senator. I guess it was a good thing back then.

I was around in 1995 no one noticed that the government was shut down. That's why the democrats have to keep agonizing over it. Will they come up with more to increase the pain like they did with the sequester?

I was around in 1995 no one noticed that the government was shut down. That's why the democrats have to keep agonizing over it. Will they come up with more to increase the pain like they did with the sequester?

I was around in 1995 too (and WAY before that) and PLENTY of people noticed. I'm guessing you might have been in grade school or out of the country? :confused:

libs said pubs would lose big in '10....how did that work out for you?

No they didn't, but the right wingers said it was going to be an across the board landslide for the GOP in 2012, how did that work out? :lol:

Burr: 'Dumbest Idea' to Shut Down Government Over Obamacare | The World's Greatest Deliberative Body

Shows the idiocy of the old warhorse inside the beltway RINO.

The House is only seeking to delay Obamacare for a year, take out the taxes on medical devices and I believe they are going to add a clause that would allow religious institutions to opt out over birth control and abortions.

The House Republicans only wish for a delay and to keep the government running.

Old RINO's are to be pitied today. They are so out of touch. And Corker, well he runs with McCain. Nuff said.

Last edited:

Burr: 'Dumbest Idea' to Shut Down Government Over Obamacare | The World's Greatest Deliberative Body

House Republicans are going to get clobbered in the next election

That's the same thing you predicted in the Scott Walker recall election.

How did that work out for you?? :eusa_whistle:

libs said pubs would lose big in '10....how did that work out for you?

No they didn't, but the right wingers said it was going to be an across the board landslide for the GOP in 2012, how did that work out? :lol:

No sane conservative predicted it would be an across the board landslide. Especially when we realized how many beltway bastards like Rove would rather see a Democrat win than a conservative win.

And we still know what we are up against for 2014. No pollyana attitudes from the conservatives I run with.

We know that our worst enemies live inside that beltway with R's behind their names who are willing to sell out their constituents and fellow party members all for a glass of cognac at the WH and to be admired and feted at dinner parties and to be all "mavericky" on the Sunday talk shows.

:eusa_angel:

No sane conservative predicted it would be an across the board landslide.

Then you, fox, the entire right wing propaganda machine, and every right winger on this site are nothing but brainwashed morons, and not sane conservatives.

Thanks for clarifying that :up:

Forum List

Back