House Republicans ‘May Dig Their Own Grave’ With Fringe Political Investigations

With 2500 soldiers left, we had been withdrawing for some time
when 2500 troops are still there...we haven't withdrew. Xiden lied, he ignored the military that wanted to maintain what Trump had in place....the Merchant of Death, lied, ignored the miltary and people died....

Top generals contradict Biden, say they urged him not to withdraw from Afghanistan​

Gen. Frank McKenzie said that he recommended maintaining a small force of 2,500 troops in Afghanistan earlier this year.

we had 2500 troops there...like the military wanted. Xiden took office and surrendered months later.

I mean, you can try and spin this anyway you want to....but Xiden ignored the miltary, and surrendered. The military wanted to keep the 2500 troops that Trump keep.

Top generals contradict Biden, say they urged him not to withdraw from Afghanistan​

Gen. Frank McKenzie said that he recommended maintaining a small force of 2,500 troops in Afghanistan earlier this year.

I don't think the people are against investigations into wrong doing. They are against investigations that waste millions and never do anything.
Like RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA and the Jan 6 Clown Show?

If Republicans want to investigate Afghanistan, let them go back and investigate 20 years of failed Afghan policy that left a shell government and inept Afghan Army inspite of trillions of US investment
/—-/ On this, we agree.

um Trump didn't withdraw from Afghan....he left office with 2500 soldiers, a military base, and our allies there...we didn't withdraw until Xiden took office
Trumpybear withdrew over 10 thousand troops and abandoned 5 military bases while the Taliban did not comply with any other condition besides the Truce with the Allies. The new CiC couldn't very well enforce those conditions Trumpyberra negotiated because most all our troop have been withdrawn. In a conditional withdrawal I don't think you're suppose to withdraw most of your forces before the condition are met, are you? The Doha agreement called for 5,000 Taliban fighters to be exchanged for just 1,000 Afghan fighter. Granted Biden could have re-deployed tens of thousands of fresh young Americans to go back to war with the Taliban, but that would have been a very bad decision, imo.

Trumpybear withdrew over 10 thousand troops and abandoned 5 military bases while the Taliban did not comply with any other condition besides the Truce with the Allies. The new CiC couldn't very well enforce those conditions Trumpyberra negotiated because most all our troop have been withdrawn. In a conditional withdrawal I don't think you're suppose to withdraw most of your forces before the condition are met, are you? The Doha agreement called for 5,000 Taliban fighters to be exchanged for just 1,000 Afghan fighter. Granted Biden could have re-deployed tens of thousands of fresh young Americans to go back to war with the Taliban, but that would have been a very bad decision, imo.
the military wanted to keep Trump's plan in place...it was working...2500 troops, are base, a free Afghan people, our allies were happy.....xiden ignored the military. 2500 troops is all it took. Xiden lied, people died

I mean, you can try and spin this anyway you want to....but Xiden ignored the miltary, and surrendered.
IOW, you are criticizing Biden for a planned, highly flawed withdrawal but are silent about Trump's reactionary order for the immediate withdrawal of our troops due to him losing the election. I'd expect nothing different from a Trumpleton.

the military wanted to keep Trump's plan in place
President Donald Trump ordered a rapid withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and Somalia in the wake of his 2020 election loss, but senior officials never followed through on the plan, according to testimony released by the congressional January 6 committee on Thursday.

“The order was for an immediate withdrawal, and it would have been catastrophic,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., one of two Republican members of the special panel. “And yet President Trump signed the order.”

The lone break with Republicans came once again from Mitt Romney, who told The Bulwark those types of political investigations, particularly into Hunter Biden, are a poor use of Congress’s already-limited resources.

“I think it’s really hard to know what the politics of a course of action might be in this day and age, to know where our party stands, what our base wants, what independent voters want,” Romney said. “But I think you have to do what you think is right and I think the American people want us to tackle some of the big challenges we have—immigration, inflation, and so forth—and the other things that divert from those priorities I think are a waste of time.”

Will congressional Repubs pay a price with the base over wasting time with fruitless investigations motivated by revenge for Dem's having the audacity to investigate a failed coup? I really don't know. The base seems more interested in being entertained than solving the country's problems.
Yeah, maybe they will try to impeach someone with hearsay.

The miltary wanted to maintain what Trump had in place, Xiden ignored them...people died. Xiden lied...people died....he really is the Merchant of Death
Yep they wanted their forever war. What was their plan when May 1st arrived and the truce ended? Could a force of just 2,500 troops enforce Trumpys conditions on the Taliban or were they targets, sitting ducks, who once hit, would need to respond in kind, leading to further escalation and deployments?

IOW, you are criticizing Biden for a planned, highly flawed withdrawal but are silent about Trump's reactionary order for the immediate withdrawal of our troops due to him losing the election. I'd expect nothing different from a Trumpleton.
trump listened to the military and things were fine.

there was nothing planned about xiden surrender…he left in the middle of the night not even telling our allies…hence why he is the only president ever held in contempt of rhe UK

Yep they wanted their forever war. What was their plan when May 1st arrived and the truce ended? Could a force of just 2,500 troops enforce Trumpys conditions on the Taliban or were they targets, sitting ducks, who once hit, would need to respond in kind, leading to further escalation and deployments?
May 1st came and went….there plan was to ensure the trump plan was enforced. it’s that simple

President Donald Trump ordered a rapid withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and Somalia in the wake of his 2020 election loss, but senior officials never followed through on the plan, according to testimony released by the congressional January 6 committee on Thursday.

“The order was for an immediate withdrawal, and it would have been catastrophic,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., one of two Republican members of the special panel. “And yet President Trump signed the order.”
then he listened to the military and didn’t do that. Xiden ignored them and did.

what’s your point?

If Republicans want to investigate Afghanistan, let them go back and investigate 20 years of failed Afghan policy that left a shell government and inept Afghan Army inspite of trillions of US investment
Just watch the movie Charlie Wilson's War to know it was Reagan's fault. We had an ally. All we had to do was support them. But Reagan turned our backs on them. Reminded me of when Trump turned his back on our allies in the middle east. Who knows what terrorists were created that day on Trump's "BOLD" decision to GTFO.

Republicans assail Trump’s decision to pull troops from northern Syria as Turkey readies offensive​

What does assail mean?

So Mitt Romney, who has a kid that worked in the same corrupt Ukrainian energy industry doesn't want investigations into that industry? Can anyone say 'red flag'?

the military wanted to keep Trump's plan in place...it was working...2500 troops, are base, a free Afghan people, our allies were happy.....xiden ignored the military. 2500 troops is all it took. Xiden lied, people died
Trumpybears plan was a truce and that had an end date of April 30th. Afghanistan was a mess, the people were still caught in a war between the Army we supported and Taliban and they suffered ISIS attacks as well, because the terms of the Doha Agreement were simply not enforced before we withdrew the majority of our forces. The generals testified that Biden listen to all their advice. He made his decision and they developed the final evacuation plan.

Trumpybears plan was a truce and that had an end date of April 30th. Afghanistan was a mess, the people were still caught in a war between the Army we supported and Taliban and they suffered ISIS attacks as well, because the terms of the Doha Agreement were simply not enforced before we withdrew the majority of our forces. The generals testified that Biden listen to all their advice. He made his decision and they developed the final evacuation plan.
his plan required certain conditions..they weren’t being met…we weren’t leaving. xiden ignore it snd betrayed our allies, our people, and the people of afghan

xiden is the merchant of death

Forum List

Back