House Republicans Rubber-Stamp $9 Trillion In New Debt

Duh, yeah, but that's all part of repealing Obamacare.
I thought it was the party of no?

Only when they're out of power.
So they haven't been the party of no since 2014.

I'm sorry, but one of us is an idiot - because nothing you say makes any sense to me. BTW, Congress controls the purse strings.
The GOP has held both sides since 2014. It makes no sense to you because you're an idiot.

Duh, yes the Party of "NO" has controlled Congress since 2014. That was my point. Damn, I'm still confused...

Well, here we go.

WASHINGTON ― Without a single Democrat voting in support, the House narrowly advanced a budget blueprint on Friday intended to be the eventual vehicle for gutting Obamacare.

After conservatives and GOP moderates spent a week signaling that they might vote against the repeal vehicle, most Republicans fell in line, with the House voting 227-198 in support of the resolution. Only nine Republicans ultimately voted against it, joining 189 Democrats in opposition to a budget that deems it “appropriate” for U.S. debt to rise by more than $9 trillion over the next decade. (Republicans say they won’t go along with debt increases at those levels, and that they intend to write another budget this year more in line with their values.)

Among the Republicans who did vote against the resolution, most cited concerns over endorsing that amount of new debt. Three moderates also voted against the resolution, seemingly as a signal to GOP leadership that their votes shouldn’t be taken for granted in an eventual repeal or replacement.

Much More: House Republicans Take First Step To Repeal Obamacare, Rubber-Stamp $9 Trillion In New Debt

Well that didn't take long. Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet and has already increased the debt by $9 trillion. Unbelievable!

Little confused here...

How did he increase the DEBT by $9 trillion?

Has it been so long since a budget was passed, you forgot what they are for?

Duh, Republicans wouldn't be pushing to repeal Obamacare if not for Trump pushing repeal - and said he would sign the repeal legislation into law. Trump wants that to be the biggest slap in President Obama's face.

What does that have to do with my question about the debt?

Well, here we go.

WASHINGTON ― Without a single Democrat voting in support, the House narrowly advanced a budget blueprint on Friday intended to be the eventual vehicle for gutting Obamacare.

After conservatives and GOP moderates spent a week signaling that they might vote against the repeal vehicle, most Republicans fell in line, with the House voting 227-198 in support of the resolution. Only nine Republicans ultimately voted against it, joining 189 Democrats in opposition to a budget that deems it “appropriate” for U.S. debt to rise by more than $9 trillion over the next decade. (Republicans say they won’t go along with debt increases at those levels, and that they intend to write another budget this year more in line with their values.)

Among the Republicans who did vote against the resolution, most cited concerns over endorsing that amount of new debt. Three moderates also voted against the resolution, seemingly as a signal to GOP leadership that their votes shouldn’t be taken for granted in an eventual repeal or replacement.

Much More: House Republicans Take First Step To Repeal Obamacare, Rubber-Stamp $9 Trillion In New Debt

Well that didn't take long. Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet and has already increased the debt by $9 trillion. Unbelievable!

Little confused here...

No, you're a whole lot confused. Its been all over the news and even the Repubs said it.

Hint: you won't find the story on Alex Jones.

BTW - why do you think a budget has not been passed? Hmmm?

The Senate (Harry Reid) wouldn't approve it, then Dems blocked it, because they didn't like what was in it.

Well, here we go.

Little confused here...

No, you're a whole lot confused. Its been all over the news and even the Repubs said it.

Hint: you won't find the story on Alex Jones.

BTW - why do you think a budget has not been passed? Hmmm?

Why would I look to Alex Jones for an answer?

I've never looked for him for any type information in the past, and unlikely to look for any in the future.

Unlike you, I dont' frequent partisan sites.

Get ready for Trumpcare. Where you get promise after promise of the greatest coverage in the entire universe, right up till the day you die.

Game over.
Where you get promise after promise of the greatest coverage in the entire universe, right up till the day you die.
I thought that was what Obama,. Reid, and Pelosi promised when they shoved Obamacare down our throats.

I'm sorry, but one of us is an idiot - because nothing you say makes any sense to me. BTW, Congress controls the purse strings.
The GOP has held both sides since 2014. It makes no sense to you because you're an idiot.

Duh, yes the Party of "NO" has controlled Congress since 2014. That was my point. Damn, I'm still confused...

Yes, you are

Who ever is in power ALLWAYS pass the blame on who ever is not. some times there right some times there wrong usually its a little of both.

Get ready for Trumpcare. Where you get promise after promise of the greatest coverage in the entire universe, right up till the day you die.

Game over.

Yep. That's been their "plan" for as long as I can remember.

Its the Hurry Up And Die Health Care Plan while we get to pay for theirs.
Well Obama Care did double the cost of insurance and a deductible of $7500 dollars. Well for most people that is a death sentence, and by law they have to pay for it also.

$9 trillion is a mere drop in the bucket compared to what Trump will do to the national debt.
Just shut up with your 9 trillion bullshit. No one is buying into your fake news.

I figure the nine billion dollars is about right. Probably a little more but that discussion would most certainly be over your head. When you repeal the ACA you repeal all the new taxes it created. The most discussed one was the 2.3% tax on medical device manufacturers. Then there was the ten percent tax on indoor tanning. Sure Trump is glad to see that gone. But the big one was the new Medicare tax on investment income over two hundred grand, 4.7% between Part A and Part B allocations. On two hundred grand, that adds up to some bucks. Which is the real reason behind the drive to repeal Obamacare.

It's a cheap shot by lefties but it's all they have left. Trump hasn't been sworn in and republicans had to keep the Country funded. Wait until January 21.

Well, here we go.

Little confused here...

Duh, Republicans wouldn't be pushing to repeal Obamacare if not for Trump pushing repeal - and said he would sign the repeal legislation into law. Trump wants that to be the biggest slap in President Obama's face.

It isn't like the Republicans haven't tried to repeal Obamacare before Trump showed up. Unless you believe what Obama said.

President Obama told a Democratic National Committee meeting in Washington last month. "You know what they say: 50th time is the charm. Maybe when you hit your 50th repeal vote, you will win a prize. Maybe if you buy 50 repeal votes, you get one free. We get it."

Of course Obama may be lying, again!

Do you realize the senate has to pass it and then the president signs it into law?
And you can't see the signs that "deficit" is only a weapon not a commitment to reduce?

Duh, yeah, but that's all part of repealing Obamacare.

And they havevn't done even one damn thing.

Except increase their vacation, family leave and pay - while deny the same to us.

AND - we pay most of their health care insurance.

RWNJ traitors are also very dumb.

Republicans are big spenders.

Isn't it funny that they spend and spend and never allowing for funding. They pass more and more laws, more invasive laws and say the Dems are for big govt. Now they're talking about trump's ideas for increasing surveillance and the stupid RWNJ traitors are just fine with that.

Forum List

Back