House Republicans To Gut Ethics Watchdog

I'm just telling you the feeling. Republicans don't feel it acted in a good faith independent manner. It too often refused to investigate any possible wrongdoing in the Obama Administration. So now Republicans see it as being used as a weapon to sabotage Trump. They feel it will concoct numerous 'scandals' against him. It just didn't show a willingness to investigate anything in the Obama Administration. It lost credibility.

That's not their mission. Derp.

The Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE), established by the U.S. House of Representatives in March 2008, is an nonpartisan, independent entity charged with reviewing allegations of misconduct against members of the House of Representatives and their staff and, when appropriate, referring matters to the United States House Committee on Ethics.

Office of Congressional Ethics - Wikipedia

Not much of a Drain the swamp kinda guy, eh?

I'm just telling you the feeling. Republicans don't feel it acted in a good faith independent manner. It too often refused to investigate any possible wrongdoing in the Obama Administration. So now Republicans see it as being used as a weapon to sabotage Trump. They feel it will concoct numerous 'scandals' against him. It just didn't show a willingness to investigate anything in the Obama Administration. It lost credibility.

The Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE), established by the U.S. House of Representatives in March 2008, is an nonpartisan, independent entity charged with reviewing allegations of misconduct against members of the House of Representatives and their staff and, when appropriate, referring matters to the United States House Committee on Ethics.

According to Republicans, it too often refused to investigate any wrongdoing in the Obama Administration. That sent up a lot of red flags. It could be used as a Democrat weapon to sabotage Trump's Presidency. The Republicans have decided to not take a chance.

And on a side note, Donald Trump is criticizing this decision. I'm pretty sure the loony Trump-Haters weren't aware of that. I thought i should throw that in there.

See, the NEW YORK TIMES does know how to write unbiased headlines:

This is an unbiased headline

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/business/media/megyn-kelly-nbc-fox-news.html

Megyn Kelly Is Leaving Fox News for NBC
That ought to be good. I hope she gets her hair in order. It looks stupid.

Yep.. I much prefer this look:

View attachment 104990

That's not her.

This is her.

254798B400000578-0-image-a-63_1422974205228.jpg

She looks like she's trying to squeeze one out.

I repeat from the OP:

Specifically, the amendment would place the OCE under the “oversight” of the lenient Ethics Committee and rename it the Office of Congressional Complaint Review. The new group would no longer be able to release information to the public, employ anyone “for a position involving communications with the public,” or directly contact law enforcement without approval. It would also be prohibited from investigating anonymous complaints.
Name one accomplishment they have to justify their existence.
Game over.

Even you can't really be that dumb.

Investigations – Office of Congressional Ethics
Investigation occurs anytime anyone anonymously report something. If you want to say an investigation is guilt, lets talk about Hillary.

According to Republicans, it too often refused to investigate any wrongdoing in the Obama Administration. That sent up a lot of red flags. It could be used as a Democrat weapon to sabotage Trump's Presidency. The Republicans have decided to not take a chance.
What the fuck part of this are you having trouble with???

Do I need to make it bigger for it to sink in?

Their 'mission' seemed to be to allow the Obama Administration to skate on everything. It lost credibility. Republicans decided they weren't gonna allow it to be used as a weapon to try and sabotage Trump's Presidency. It was actually a very wise decision on their part. But like i said, Trump has criticized the decision. Thought i'd throw that out there for all you rabid Trump-Haters.

And on a side note, Donald Trump is criticizing this decision. I'm pretty sure the loony Trump-Haters weren't aware of that. I thought i should throw that in there.
He's criticized the timing...
  1. Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 7h7 hours ago
    With all that Congress has to work on, do they really have to make the weakening of the Independent Ethics Watchdog, as unfair as it
    ........may be, their number one act and priority. Focus on tax reform, healthcare and so many other things of far greater importance! #DTS

See, the NEW YORK TIMES does know how to write unbiased headlines:

This is an unbiased headline

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/business/media/megyn-kelly-nbc-fox-news.html

Megyn Kelly Is Leaving Fox News for NBC
That ought to be good. I hope she gets her hair in order. It looks stupid.

Yep.. I much prefer this look:

View attachment 104990

That's not her.

This is her.

254798B400000578-0-image-a-63_1422974205228.jpg

She looks like she's trying to squeeze one out.

Yes, she does.

Their 'mission' seemed to be to allow the Obama Administration to skate on everything. It lost credibility. Republicans decided they weren't gonna allow it to be used as a weapon to try and sabotage Trump's Presidency. It was actually a very wise decision on their part. But like i said, Trump has criticized the decision. Thought i'd throw that out there for all you rabid Trump-Haters.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Is it brain damage that prevents you from grasping the Office of Congressional Ethics
deals exclusively with House of Representative members and their staff.

It has nothing to do with the Executive branch.

Jesus Christ.

Is it brain damage that prevents you from grasping the Office of Congressional Ethics

Jesus Christ.

Calm down Snowflake. This action has been halted. It isn't gonna happen. No longer an issue. Movin on...

He's criticized the timing...
  1. Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 7h7 hours ago
    With all that Congress has to work on, do they really have to make the weakening of the Independent Ethics Watchdog, as unfair as it
    ........may be, their number one act and priority. Focus on tax reform, healthcare and so many other things of far greater importance! #DTS

Pathetic irrational Trump-hating. He didn't support this action. Stop being so rabid. Get a grip.

Jesus Christ.

Calm down Snowflake. This action has been halted. It isn't gonna happen. No longer an issue. Movin on...
It doesn't remove the shitstain,

Shitstain.

Get ready to cock-gobble Trump's next tweet.

Jesus Christ.

Shitstain.

Uh, i'm pretty sure you were gonna hate Republicans and Trump regardless of this happening or not. You're all-in on that irrational partisan hate thing. Safe to say Trump will never receive your support. So, kindly piss off you partisan twat. :)

Ethics watchdog??? give me a break. Were they asleep during Hillary's reign at the state dept? Ethics watchdog, they are just a democrat attack dog.

Jesus Christ.

Shitstain.

Uh, i'm pretty sure you were gonna hate Republicans and Trump regardless of this happening or not. You're all-in on that irrational partisan hate thing. Safe to say Trump will never receive your support. So, kindly piss off you partisan twat. :)

No, stanky newb. I won't piss off.

You;'re going to own every bit of this unethical con-man, psychotic disaster, and own every bit of of the filth you may feel -- if you have an ounce of integrity, which is few and far between in Trump humpers (so I doubt it), as you defend the worst hell on earth to come America has ever known.

The ethics committee is a complete joke. It's been non-existant during the 0bama administration which was the most corrupt in history. They should just do away with it.

Right wing delusions and conspiracies are not the same as facts .

Your statement would be true IF we had delusions and conspiracies. We don't, just facts. Like the fact that the ethics committee did nothing throughout the 0bama administration despite its rampant corruption and lies.

If they were so rampant you should be able to name some .

I can name quite a few. The FBI investigation of Tea Party and conservative supporters, the Benghazi event and subsequent lies, fast and furious, Obamacare lies about saving money, keeping your doctor, refusing to allow GM to go bankrupt, screwing investors but paying out millions to his UAW supporting buddies....and the list goes on and on.

Like I said . Right wing delusions .

How many of those were investigated by a GOP congress and turned up nothing ?

The ethics committee is a complete joke. It's been non-existant during the 0bama administration which was the most corrupt in history. They should just do away with it.

Right wing delusions and conspiracies are not the same as facts .

Your statement would be true IF we had delusions and conspiracies. We don't, just facts. Like the fact that the ethics committee did nothing throughout the 0bama administration despite its rampant corruption and lies.

If they were so rampant you should be able to name some .

I can name quite a few. The FBI investigation of Tea Party and conservative supporters, the Benghazi event and subsequent lies, fast and furious, Obamacare lies about saving money, keeping your doctor, refusing to allow GM to go bankrupt, screwing investors but paying out millions to his UAW supporting buddies....and the list goes on and on.

Like I said . Right wing delusions .

How many of those were investigated by a GOP congress and turned up nothing ?

You are just too stupid to talk to. Dismissed.

Forum List

Back