House votes to block Syrian refugees

If these "rational minds" prevail I would like to see how comfortable you would be with these people being relocated to your neighborhood. The collective "rational mind" acted to prevent these refugees from coming to the US until there is a better means of vetting.

I feel the vetting process for the refugee program as it currently exists is fine. The FBI feels it's fine, as I quoted earlier. I would think the agencies involved have a better idea than anonymous internet experts. I would be very comfortable to have them relocated in my neighborhood (oh NIMBY!) and would work with sponsoring organizations to make them feel welcome. That's rational.

I would be very comfortable to have them relocated in my neighborhood (oh NIMBY!) and would work with sponsoring organizations to make them feel welcome. That's rational.

What organizations do you work with and how many families or individual refugees do you currently sponsor/work with.

What is the point of your question asking for personal information?
Not personal just wanted to understand the level of your commitment to your talking point. I know what I have done to help maintain the safety and way of life in the US. If you wish to know I have no problem sharing that without any personal information as it is unnecessary.

My state has no refugees as of yet, is not slated for any - yet. The place where I work is involved in several activities to help refugees (collecting donations etc). We also have an organization that is working to put pressure on our representatives to take refugees. I'm involved with supporting them. I am not interested in what you've done.
of course they are CAIR girl

If these "rational minds" prevail I would like to see how comfortable you would be with these people being relocated to your neighborhood. The collective "rational mind" acted to prevent these refugees from coming to the US until there is a better means of vetting.

I feel the vetting process for the refugee program as it currently exists is fine. The FBI feels it's fine, as I quoted earlier. I would think the agencies involved have a better idea than anonymous internet experts. I would be very comfortable to have them relocated in my neighborhood (oh NIMBY!) and would work with sponsoring organizations to make them feel welcome. That's rational.

I would be very comfortable to have them relocated in my neighborhood (oh NIMBY!) and would work with sponsoring organizations to make them feel welcome. That's rational.

What organizations do you work with and how many families or individual refugees do you currently sponsor/work with.

Not personal just wanted to understand the level of your commitment to your talking point. I know what I have done to help maintain the safety and way of life in the US. If you wish to know I have no problem sharing that without any personal information as it is unnecessary.

My state has no refugees as of yet, is not slated for any - yet. The place where I work is involved in several activities to help refugees (collecting donations etc). We also have an organization that is working to put pressure on our representatives to take refugees. I'm involved with supporting them. I am not interested in what you've done.

So? You want a standing ovation or something? Take your bow and get off the stage. Go kiss a baby for the cameras.

So? You want a standing ovation or something? Take your bow and get off the stage. Go kiss a baby for the cameras.

Not at all. I was only answering a question. I don't care what people have done in real life - this is the internet. Anyone can claim anything. And so what? People do as much as they can and that is fine. They don't need to prove anything.

So on a personal level you have not done much. Thanks. Just wanted to know who I am dealing with. I would like to see how your views may change after experiencing the refugees and the constant possibility of a terroristic act. All I want are better measures, that is more than reasonable.

So on a personal level you have not done much. Thanks. Just wanted to know who I am dealing with. I would like to see how your views may change after experiencing the refugees and the constant possibility of a terroristic act. All I want are better measures, that is more than reasonable.

On a personal level, I've done as much as I am able. There is no "constant possibility of a terrorist act" with Syrian refugees. Look at the history of them in our country - there's years worth of data showing that the vetting and monitoring process has been largely successful. I know exactly what I am dealing with in you.

Obama:
Speaking at a G-20 summit in Turkey, President Barack Obama chastised politicians across the aisle for advocating for a "religious test" for individuals fleeing persecution in war-torn countries.

"That's shameful. That's not American. That's not who we are," Obama said. The values we are fighting against ISIL for are precisely that we don't discriminate against people because of their faith. We don't kill people because they're different than us. That's what separates us from them

There's already a religious test genius:slap:

US Accepts Less Than 3 Percent Christian Refugees, 96 Percent Muslims

The current system of admitting refugees to the United States "unintentionally discriminates" against Christians — with Christians making up less than 3 percent of the Syrian refugees allowed into the country while 96 percent of those admitted are Muslim, government figures show.

Christian News Service, citing new State Department figures released Monday, reports that of the 2,184 Syrian refugees admitted to the United States, only 53 are Christians while 2,098 are Muslim

US Accepts Less Than 3 Percent Christian Refugees, 96 Percent Muslims

LINK: Senate Democrats Plan to Filibuster House Refugee Bill - Breitbart

Senate Democrats Plan to Filibuster House Refugee Bill

"Senate Democrats plan to filibuster legislation passed by the House on Thursday that seeks to pause the resettlement of Syrian refugees."

(Can you say 'Go Nuclear'? Then again, we ARE talking about ass-kissing McConnell. He'll help kill it.)

Yeah, despite the WH and FBI admitting there is no way to thoroughly vette these 650,000 refugees into the U.S., especially before the end of the year the way Obama said he wants, WHY DELAY?! It's not really like Democrats / Obama / Hillary CARE about our National Security and / or protecting US citizens!

Liberal es:
1. Illegals
2. Potential Terrorist / Terrorists
3. Black Lives Matter
4. All other American citizens
:rolleyes:
Who is claiming Obama wants 650,00 refugees into the country before the end of the year, which is about a month away? I thought the suggestion was 10,000 by next year.
10,000 Syrian refugee already arrived over a week ago in Louisanna. They are here. The plan is for 100,000 refugees to come to America each year.

BREAKING: They’re Here! First Load of 10,000 Syrian ‘Refugees’ Has Arrived in New Orleans… | Top Right News

I hope the wingnuts don't start lynching them. They've been through enough.
what do you know they've been through. They didn't stand up for their homeland.

Should our ancestors have stayed in Europe to fight persecution?

Be sure you take a sizeable sample for your poll among the American Indians and Blacks.

On a personal level, I've done as much as I am able. There is no "constant possibility of a terrorist act" with Syrian refugees. Look at the history of them in our country - there's years worth of data showing that the vetting and monitoring process has been largely successful. I know exactly what I am dealing with in you.
There is no "constant possibility of a terrorist act" with Syrian refugees.

Of course there is as with anyone who comes to the US that is one reason why they are vetted to begin with
I know exactly what I am dealing with in you.

"What" are you dealing with?

In America's Little Syria, a divide on accepting refugees

Of course there is as with anyone who comes to the US that is one reason why they are vetted to begin with

By the time Syrian refugees reach the U.S. they are extremely vetted. Thus, there is no more "constant possibility of a terrorist act" - then there is among the general population.

By the time Syrian refugees reach the U.S. they are extremely vetted. Thus, there is no more "constant possibility of a terrorist act" - then there is among the general population.

How so? please explain the process

How do you know for sure there is no constant possibility of a terroristic act ?

How do you know for sure there is no constant possibility of a terroristic act threat?

Nothing is 100%. In fact, that's the foolishness of the politicians demanding a certification guaranteeing 100% - it will never happen. But if you want 100% you are going to end up with a nation isolated within 4 walls where no one enters and no one leaves. So you go with what is reasonable, based on evidence. This political hysteria is based on what happened in France. The refugees coming into Europe are completely different than the refugees coming into the U.S. in regards to the vetting process.

How do you know for sure there is no constant possibility of a terroristic act threat?
She knows because she says so. She cant even explain the vetting process, Because she doesn't really care...oh wait she does CAIR:eusa_whistle:

Nothing is 100%. In fact, that's the foolishness of the politicians demanding a certification guaranteeing 100% - it will never happen. But if you want 100% you are going to end up with a nation isolated within 4 walls where no one enters and no one leaves. So you go with what is reasonable, based on evidence. This political hysteria is based on what happened in France. The refugees coming into Europe are completely different than the refugees coming into the U.S. in regards to the vetting process.

How? How do you vet them?:dunno:

Nothing is 100%.

Exactly which is why we need to develop a better means of vetting , until then all is on hold with taking in Syrian refugees.

Nothing is 100%.

Exactly which is why we need to develop a better means of vetting , until then all is on hold with taking in Syrian refugees.

That makes no sense. You will never have 100%. At this point there is no evidence that the current system does not work.

Nothing is 100%.

That makes no sense. You will never have 100%. At this point there is no evidence that the current system does not work.
I said "better" not 100%

Nothing is 100%.

I said "better" not 100%

And yet at this point there is no evidence that the current system does not work, in fact it seems to be very thorough and careful - so why stop everything because a country, which has a far less thorough system experienced a horrible terrorist attack?

Nothing is 100%.

I said "better" not 100%

And yet at this point there is no evidence that the current system does not work, in fact it seems to be very thorough and careful - so why stop everything because a country, which has a far less thorough system experienced a horrible terrorist attack?
Because even one casualty is unacceptable . These people are NOT US citizens they should not receive the same right and protections US citizens do.

Forum List

Back