‘Housing for All’: Democrats push for big government response to soaring rents

PEOPLE ARE SO F*CKING STUPID.
FACT: There are more empty homes in America than there are homeless.
Obviously the problem is NOT rent cost.

But people don't wanna rehab a house and rent or live in it anymore, they want a new house in a subdivision with an HOA n stuff. :cuckoo:

The big banks grabbed up all the foreclosures when the housing bubble burst, and the government helped them do it.

BoA should have been allowed to fail.
Their assets should have been seized.............as payment for their miserable GAMBLING that nearly brought down a country.......Then the assets should have been sold on the market at or below cost............

But they were allowed to keep all the papers of the Americans who lost their jobs because of their gambling problem. A gambling problem that went postal after they were allowed to self regulate.

GAO Fed Investigation | Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform And Consumer Protection Act | Federal Reserve System

But people don't wanna rehab a house and rent or live in it anymore, they want a new house in a subdivision with an HOA n stuff. :cuckoo:

The big banks grabbed up all the foreclosures when the housing bubble burst, and the government helped them do it.

Precisely.
The Obama Admin bailed out the mortgage lenders.... 100 cents on the dollar including their profits.
But the homeowners were kicked out of the homes.
This left millions of homes across the country empty. Many of them having no single owners, the mortgages were pieced out along numerous investment packages. And the investors all made their profits with the bailouts.
They became "Lost homes".
And they are everywhere.

They're all over the place here. One guy lost his house because the county doubled taxes. It nauseates me the way things happened. That guy's house is still empty.

I talk to a lot of people, and it just pains me to hear their stories. Bush and Obama were both a couple of real assholes.

Precisely.
The Obama Admin bailed out the mortgage lenders.... 100 cents on the dollar including their profits.
This left millions of homes across the country empty. Many of them having no single owners, the mortgages were pieced out along numerous investment packages. And the investors all made their profits with the bailouts.
And they are everywhere.
/----/ It's been an issue since 2014 at least.
Detroit Urged to Tear Down 40,000 Buildings - The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/.../detroit-task-force-says-blight-cleanup-will-cost-850-milli...
May 27, 2014 - An abandoned home on the west side of Detroit. ... the city spend at least $850 million to quickly tear down about 40,000 dilapidated buildings, ...
Missing: abestotowns ‎| ‎Must include: ‎abestotowns

Have You Heard About The 16 Trillion Dollar Bailout The Federal Reserve Handed To The Too Big To Fail Banks?

According to the GAO audit, $16.1 trillion in secret loans were made by the Federal Reserve between December 1, 2007 and July 21, 2010. The following list of firms and the amount of money that they received was taken directly from page 131 of the GAO audit report….

Citigroup – $2.513 trillion
Morgan Stanley – $2.041 trillion
Merrill Lynch – $1.949 trillion
Bank of America – $1.344 trillion
Barclays PLC – $868 billion
Bear Sterns – $853 billion
Goldman Sachs – $814 billion
Royal Bank of Scotland – $541 billion
JP Morgan Chase – $391 billion
Deutsche Bank – $354 billion
UBS – $287 billion
Credit Suisse – $262 billion
Lehman Brothers – $183 billion
Bank of Scotland – $181 billion
BNP Paribas – $175 billion
Wells Fargo – $159 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion
Dresdner Bank – $135 billion
Societe Generale – $124 billion
“All Other Borrowers” – $2.639 trillion

Have You Heard About The 16 Trillion Dollar Bailout The Federal Reserve Handed To The Too Big To Fail Banks?

According to the GAO audit, $16.1 trillion in secret loans were made by the Federal Reserve between December 1, 2007 and July 21, 2010. The following list of firms and the amount of money that they received was taken directly from page 131 of the GAO audit report….

UBS – $287 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion
/-----/ OH YEAH? Unlike evil, greedy Republicans, we had good intentions...
liberal rapid resonse team.jpg

Precisely.
And they are everywhere.

They're all over the place here. One guy lost his house because the county doubled taxes. It nauseates me the way things happened. That guy's house is still empty.

I talk to a lot of people, and it just pains me to hear their stories. Bush and Obama were both a couple of real assholes.

Aboslutely.
I use to flip houses with a group of guys back in the late 90's.
At that time you never stopped looking for houses. It took a while to find one, there just wasn't a lot of empty houses out there.
Today, good God.... they are everywhere. Cheap...crappy little 2 brdm homes to 4-5 bdrm homes in good neighborhoods.
It is unbelievable.

Precisely.
And they are everywhere.

It took a Supreme Court Ruling under the Freedom of Information act to make them disclose the information I just posted.

This data was refused to be released under Bush and Obama. They fought tooth and nail to not let the public know about it. After it was released by a Supreme Court Order............the media was virtually silent about it.

But it was all about TARP.............and how they saved the day.........

With all of this going on millions of Americans lost their jobs.......lost their homes and were thrown out on to the streets........While the Too Big to Fail got all the deeds to REAL VALUE PROPERTY to sell again..................

Hardly any of these went to jail...............and got massive money at the back door of the Federal Reserve.

UBS – $287 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion
View attachment 206227
I'm not a liberal.

I know when I see these asshats fucked an entire nation...........If it were up to me they would be lined up against a wall and shot for treason.

They knew exactly what they were doing. And they fucked this nation.......

Precisely.
And they are everywhere.

/----/ I don't know the area or what his circumstances were but I'd have taken a part time job off the books to pay the extra taxes and keep my home. Now I pay $9,000 a year in taxes on Long Island, if they double to $18,000 I might find myself in the same boat. Again - I don't know his circumstances. I wish him well.

No, I actually have arguments not just fake news and fallacy. Of course I believe my arguments; I resort to the fewest fallacy just for that reason; unlike the fake news, right wing.

Say the minimum wage today in City A is $7.50 per hour and your fantasy wish for $15.00 an hour is adopted. That's a 100% increase, right?

What happens to the worker earning $15.00 per hour after your wish is adopted? What happens then?

Wrong, it's much more than 100%. Wages are only part of the increase. The employer has to match the additional money for SS and Medicare. Your employer will have an increase in Workman's Compensation and Unemployment Insurance. Your employer will take a larger loss when you are off of work on vacations or holidays.
/----/ Excellent point. Another prime example proving Libtard Moonbats couldn't run a Kool-Aid stand without adult supervision. They have no clue as to what's involved in hiring employees.
View attachment 206226

Absolutely. Most small businesses fail within five years, but liberals ignore that part. They want to keep the mindset that anybody that has a business is loaded with money and nothing better to do with it.

I don't own a business, but I am a landlord, and that's the exact mentality our city took. They think we are just raking in rents and getting rich. So they started these programs to rape landlords of their money in fees and taxes.

When they started the programs, I asked my Councilman about it. When he told me this is how they Mayor thought, I asked him to setup a meeting between the Mayor and I, and I will bring my tax returns for the last ten years, and maybe he could show me all this money I make thanks to the city.

The Mayor declined my offer.

UBS – $287 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion

Robert Rubin - Clinton Secy Treasury and Cabinet member
Alan Greenspan - Fed Chair Reagan - Bush II
Larry Summers - Advisor to Clinton and Obama (under Obama was considered for Fed Chair) Larry Summers created the Derivative Market scheme of which he personally made $millions.

The "Trio of Debt as Income"
These three guys in collusion with various Presidents, Senators and Congressional leaders ON BOTH SIDES created the debt boom of the 80's-2000's. Truly a castle built on sand.

Precisely.
And they are everywhere.

Aboslutely.
At that time you never stopped looking for houses. It took a while to find one, there just wasn't a lot of empty houses out there.
Today, good God.... they are everywhere. Cheap...crappy little 2 brdm homes to 4-5 bdrm homes in good neighborhoods.
It is unbelievable.

The truth is nobody wants to own a home anymore. Rental is a big thing today. People don't want the hassle of repairs, government, increasing costs. Working couples just want to come home and relax after a hard days work.

I use Craigs List for my tenants and have had reasonably good luck. I used to put out an ad and get one or two replies in the first couple of days. Now if I put out an ad, I get over a dozen on day one.

UBS – $287 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion

Robert Rubin - Clinton Secy Treasury and Cabinet member
Alan Greenspan - Fed Chair Reagan - Bush II
Larry Summers - Advisor to Clinton and Obama (under Obama was considered for Fed Chair) Larry Summers created the Derivative Market scheme of which he personally made $millions.

The "Trio of Debt as Income"
These three guys in collusion with various Presidents, Senators and Congressional leaders ON BOTH SIDES created the debt boom of the 80's-2000's. Truly a castle built on sand.
And to hide it the misinformation campaign of TARP...............And then they said look at them repay the loans........They robbed Peter to Pay paul via the Federal Reserve and shifted funds............A ROPE A DOPE............

And the bought and paid for media fed the nation the TARP and how the Gov't was here to save the day. TARP was a SMOKE SCREEN.

Why both sides fought so hard to prevent disclosure............Only disclosing after losing in the Supreme Court..........and then made sure the Media hardly reported a thing to the people of this country.

UBS – $287 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion
View attachment 206227
I'm not a liberal.

I know when I see these asshats fucked an entire nation...........If it were up to me they would be lined up against a wall and shot for treason.

When I think about all the horror stories I've heard, yes, they should be shot.

They caused so many people so much pain. I really am blessed that it didn't affect me. It affected everybody, though. My work dried right up. Nobody hires me to do things at their house when nobody's home.

UBS – $287 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion
View attachment 206227
I'm not a liberal.

They caused so many people so much pain. I really am blessed that it didn't affect me. It affected everybody, though. My work dried right up. Nobody hires me to do things at their house when nobody's home.
We had to take pay cuts after the crash........And I watched neighbors who had lost their jobs.....Packing up and leaving with their kids.......Good people who lost everything..................

It was sickening to watch..........Pisses me off til this day...........

Precisely.
And they are everywhere.

Aboslutely.
It is unbelievable.

The truth is nobody wants to own a home anymore. Rental is a big thing today. People don't want the hassle of repairs, government, increasing costs. Working couples just want to come home and relax after a hard days work.

I use Craigs List for my tenants and have had reasonably good luck. I used to put out an ad and get one or two replies in the first couple of days. Now if I put out an ad, I get over a dozen on day one.
I think the problem is too much personal debt and bad credit ratings

Kids used to come out of college, work a couple of years and then look for a starter home

Now they are stuck with ten or more years of student loan payments and high credit card debt

UBS – $287 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion
View attachment 206227
I'm not a liberal.

We had to take pay cuts after the crash........And I watched neighbors who had lost their jobs.....Packing up and leaving with their kids.......Good people who lost everything..................

Workers still haven’t recovered from that pay cut

UBS – $287 billion
Dexia – $159 billion
Wachovia – $142 billion
View attachment 206227
I'm not a liberal.

Workers still haven’t recovered from that pay cut
Our pay recovered and has increased a little. But energy jobs have been booming......and were why Texas did so well after the crash.......Energy and oil is a driving factor in this country and puts a lot of money in circulation..........It still is.............

1. Government doesn't make money. It would have to take it from individuals who do, to give it to individuals who do nothing worthwhile.

As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.

Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.
Peter Ferrara

"The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit." These searing words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address.

2. The greatest flaw in the plan is not an economic one....it is based on human nature.

“Earned success is the secret to meaningful happiness. The government can improve your net worth with a check, but it cannot improve your self-worth.”
Jonah Goldberg

Yes, these payments would come from tax dollars, but with our social programs, they are paid for with tax dollars anyway, and only those who don't try receive them. In other words, you are taking away from the workers and giving their money to the non-workers.

Universal income would incentivize people to work--not the opposite. Our social programs teach people never to be anything in life if you want to stay on the dole. With UI, you will be on the dole and able to breakout of sleeping on the couch all day long. You can make as much money as you want with UI.

What a gross misunderstanding of the political and social milieu.

Of course social programs wouldn't cease......they're there to buy votes.

I'm surprised as your naivete.

I'm not. UI would replace all social programs is what Switzerland proposed, and I'm saying if that was the offer here, I'm all for it, because what they found is that UI would save the country money in the long run. It would probably be even cheaper here.

Nonsense.

Two rules apply:

Rule #1: Whatever Liberal government promises you is a lie.

Rule #2: See Rule #1

Welfare is simply a vote-buying scam.

In the 50-plus years of 'the War on Poverty," some $22 trillion has been thrown down that abyss and the 'poverty rate' is almost the same as when started.

It's all fake, Ray, ....when poverty is correctly defined....no food, no home, no heat.....it is non-existent in America.

Wise up.

I agree with everything you said, but what does that have to do with Universal Income?

Now, Ray.....focus like a laser: where is that 'income' coming from???

It is stolen from producers and given to those who will vote for the Leftists.

The single greatest bar to accruing wealth is taxation.....and the reason for that taxation is to buy the votes of those with their hand out.

There has never been starvation in this country.....so, what is your argument for coercion, confiscation, and vote-buying?

Americans have always taken care of their own.

"We usually hear about charity in the media when there is a terrible disaster. For example, after Hurricane Katrina, we heard about the incredible outpouring of private generosity that amounted to $6 billion. What gets less attention is that Americans routinely give that much to charity every week.

Last year Americans gave $300 billion to charity. To put this into perspective, that is almost twice what we spent on consumer electronics equipment—equipment including cell phones, iPods and DVD players. Americans gave three times as much to charity last year as we spent on gambling and ten times as much as we spent on professional sports. America is by far the most charitable country in the world. There is no other country that comes close."
404 Not Found
The Generosity of America

BTW......

Do you recall this Obama response at one of the debates: “I think America's greatest moral failure in my lifetime has been that we still don't abide by that basic precept in Matthew that whatever you do for the least of my brothers, you do for me.”

Perhaps this is the biggest hypocrisy and the greatest look into his character: “The average American household gives about two percent of adjusted gross income,” …Obama…less than 1%

And he wouldn’t help the ‘least of his own brothers’ out of poverty:

"Barack Obama's half brother, George Onyango Obama, was found living in a 6 by 10 foot slum hut in Huruma estate just outside of Nairobi. According to reports George Obama survives on $12 a year in the slums of Kenya."
Barack's Half Brother: George Obama's Hut Is In The Slums Of Kenya

Stop the 'giving' ....there is no real poverty in America.

Precisely.
And they are everywhere.

Aboslutely.
It is unbelievable.

I think the problem is too much personal debt and bad credit ratings

Kids used to come out of college, work a couple of years and then look for a starter home

Now they are stuck with ten or more years of student loan payments and high credit card debt

That's part of it, but it seems to extend beyond those with college loans. My bosses son works with us and one day while on dead time, he told me of how his piers thought, and said he was embarrassed of his generation.

He said they want no responsibility whatsoever. They don't want to own a home, a car, appliances, none of that. Some don't even own their television set. They rent everything and just pay the bills at the end of the month.

Some of it has to do with government. Nobody wants do deal with those assholes anymore, and I can't blame them; I'm sick of dealing with them too.

My cousin was cited for having some cracks in her driveway, so when she went to get an estimate on a new one, they wanted over 10K. She was living check to check as it was. How could she afford that and what business is it of the cities how many Fn cracks she has?

Her kids were grown and gone, so she just left the house and rented one from somebody else. She said she's never been happier. She doesn't have to worry about major repairs, she doesn't have to worry about government, she doesn't have to worry what she will do if HUD moves in their lowlifes and the neighborhood goes to hell. She can just pack up and leave.

Forum List

Back