How Can White Americans Be Democrats ?

Massive privilege? Just what might be some of those massive privileges? I have some free time and want to use it wisely.

You're more likely to be hired and less likely to be pulled over by the cops. to start with.

Yea, those don't sound like massive privileges. Anyone that hasn't spent time in prison is "likely" to get hired, although they would need to apply for a job first.

So you are saying because we have RAMPANT racism in the work place and hiring practices, that makes racism in police work okay? This is what you are arguing, buddy?

Um, no. A white guy carrying a gun was treated with deference and respect, the black guy was lucky nobody shot him. But since most mass shooters tend to be white guys with automatic weapons, we are maybe getting the reactions wrong.

Funny you should bring that up now since the last mass shooting took place in your backyard by a black guy.

A police officer taking precautions is not racist, it's self-defense. The orders he barks out are so he doesn't have to shoot anybody or make the mistake of thinking somebody is making a move on him.

Why don't you write the people that made that video and ask them that instead of using this Brylcreem® kid walking around with a polo shirt and rifle, let a white biker with tattoos and a beard do the same thing and see what happens to him. This video was made just for suckers like you that want to believe racism is everywhere. You ignore the obvious.

I'm this is your big wank fantasy, to go shoots you a darkie. But frankly, you probably need help with your anger issues, or you are going to end up in a Van Dyke situation... heh, heh, heh... .

I have no anger issues......well.....perhaps with liberals because they are ruing this country. I also have no fantasy of shooting anybody. When I strap on my gun, I pray I don't have to use it. What I just pointed out to you is that this officer broke no law, and an armed citizen doing the exact same thing would not have broken any laws either. Your state may be on the side of the criminal, but here in Ohio, our state is on the side of the victim, and our laws are written accordingly.

Massive privilege? Just what might be some of those massive privileges? I have some free time and want to use it wisely.

You're more likely to be hired and less likely to be pulled over by the cops. to start with.

Hmmm...weird huh. In a white nation founded and built by whites?
I wonder if whites making up >70% of the population has anything to do with that...I wonder if cops are aware that whites tend to be more law abiding than blacks and browns....I wonder if whites tend to be able to articulate the native language better....I wonder if whites tend to be better educated...I wonder if whites tend to possess better communication and people skills?
I know your racist ass only sees skin color but what’s your thoughts...any of that make any sense in your troubled and twisted mind?

Um, no. A white guy carrying a gun was treated with deference and respect, the black guy was lucky nobody shot him.

I just found this:

In 2013, 44 percent of cop killers were white, 37 percent were black and 11 percent were Hispanic. Last year, 54 percent were white, 26 percent were black and 18 percent were Hispanic.

Who kills police officers?

So what this study shows is that blacks kill police officers at twice to three tiems their rate of their population in the US while whites kill police officers less than their population percentage wise.

Blacks make up 13% of our population while whites make up 62%. Hispanics are on level for their population at 18%.

Well. I think we solved that one.

If you're a paranoid white person concerned that the minorities are trying to wipe you off the face of the earth, then vote Republican.

If you're not, then vote Democrat.

If you're a paranoid white person concerned that the minorities are trying to wipe you off the face of the earth, and, you want to control the minorities, then vote Democrat

Doesn't work.

Paranoid white people concerned about minorities taking over...clearly isn't a description for Democrat voters.

Furthermore, nobody is controlling anyone. People vote for the side that best represents them.

If you're a paranoid white person concerned that the minorities are trying to wipe you off the face of the earth, then vote Republican.

If you're a paranoid white person concerned that the minorities are trying to wipe you off the face of the earth, and, you want to control the minorities, then vote Democrat

Doesn't work.

Paranoid white people concerned about minorities taking over...clearly isn't a description for Democrat voters.

Furthermore, nobody is controlling anyone. People vote for the side that best represents them.

Democrats solely look at minorities as voting blocks. Republicans look at American Citizens and people seeking to become American citizens legally as individuals seeking personal freedom and prosperity.... regardless of skin color. With that, Democrats perpetuate the myth that Republicans are racists.

Doesn't work.

Democrats solely look at minorities as voting blocks. Republicans look at American Citizens and people seeking to become American citizens legally as individuals seeking personal freedom and prosperity.... regardless of skin color. With that, Democrats perpetuate the myth that Republicans are racists.

No. You look at minorities as "people being controlled" into voting for Democrats. They're just people, like everyone else, choosing for a side that best represents them.

Both sides have racists. There are plenty of Republican racists around this site, and you guys say nothing against them.

Doesn't work.

No. You look at minorities as "people being controlled" into voting for Democrats. They're just people, like everyone else, choosing for a side that best represents them.

Both sides have racists. There are plenty of Republican racists around this site, and you guys say nothing against them.

Show me the racist.... the one who says by virtue of his own skin color he/she is far better/superior to someone or peoples not of the same skin color?

Doesn't work.

Show me the racist.... the one who says by virtue of his own skin color he/she is far better/superior to someone or peoples not of the same skin color?

Here, you can start with this one.

"Nah, but thanks for your concern.
I channel all my hate toward wetbacks...I’ll rest when we eradicate 20-40 million, shut the border down and when our fucked up government stops forcing good, productive Americans to pay wetbacks to fuck this nation up.
You should find something to become equally as passionate about bud."

Go ahead and spin out of this one, and explain to me how this isn't racist.

Doesn't work.

Here's another one.

"Holy shit....he’s got more done for the right people in two years than the Kenyan Chimp did in eight years...FUCK...and only working half the time. Thanks for sharing, that’s awesome. Imagine what the badass would accomplish with a little more time spent."

Explain to me how this isn't racist.

Yea, those don't sound like massive privileges. Anyone that hasn't spent time in prison is "likely" to get hired, although they would need to apply for a job first.

yeah, you go with that. tell you what, send out some resumes with "Jamal Washington" as the name and then mention on there you spent two years in prison. Let me know how many callbacks you get.

yeah, you go with that. tell you what, send out some resumes with "Jamal Washington" as the name and then mention on there you spent two years in prison. Let me know how many callbacks you get.

Hmmm….apparently you're having difficulty with the word "hasn't".

Try it with a name like Fred Jablinski and you'll get the same results. Most places don't want to hire felons.

Try it with a name like Fred Jablinski and you'll get the same results. Most places don't want to hire felons.

Uh, no, probably not.

Again, I do this for a living. I can tell you right now, Fred will get a callback long before Jamal does.

More than likely neither of them will and I can't blame employers. The two worst tragedies here was when I rented to felons, and these were people related to good people that I know. Now I won't even consider a felon for a tenant even if they are related to friends of mine. It's way too much of a risk.

So would employers be less likely to hire Jamal than Fred because of color, or because of how people of color generally perform on the job? After all, an employers favorite color is green. Any employee that makes the owner more of his favorite color will be his favorite employee.

More than likely neither of them will and I can't blame employers. The two worst tragedies here was when I rented to felons, and these were people related to good people that I know. Now I won't even consider a felon for a tenant even if they are related to friends of mine. It's way too much of a risk.

Guy, I rented a property for 13 years and never had a fifth of the horror stories you have... Maybe you just suck at picking out renters.

So would employers be less likely to hire Jamal than Fred because of color, or because of how people of color generally perform on the job?

Yeah, Ray brought the racism again.

After all, an employers favorite color is green. Any employee that makes the owner more of his favorite color will be his favorite employee.

Again, not really. I've seen good employees who were earners let go for some really stupid reasons, and I've seen some worthless white slugs kept on the payroll.

This is one of my favorite stories, so I'll share it again.

In the Summer of 2012, we had three people leave our Purchasing Department.

1) A middle aged Asian woman, who had been with the company for 9 years, had established a lot of our vendor relationships with the Pacific rim (as she was the only one in the department that spoke Mandarin).

2) A Thirty-ish Black lady, a bit overweight, reasonably good at her job. Kind of annoyed me because she was a bible thumper, but not a bad employee. Was with the company for 2 years.

3) A young white intern in her 20s, who had only been interning with the company for a couple of months.

NOW- guess which one of these three women my white, 50-something General Manager made time out of his schedule to take to lunch with the department on their last day?

Never heard this man say anything racist or do anything overtly racist in the 7 years I worked with him... In fact, I would go so far to say that compared to some of the other dirtbag bosses I've had, he was one of the better ones. (Hence, why I hung around for 7 years.)

But even an otherwise good guy who probably thinks of himself as fair, demonstrates the bias of white privilege.

Forum List

Back