How come when there is a shooting, idiots say we need to ban guns and the NRA

Why do people want to carry a gun? I don't understand that. I guess what that shooter did yesterday is just well, what happens, he had every right to a gun just like you think you do.
Look what happened.

Ask yourself what would have happened if one of those students in the classroom had a concealed weapon on them.

Odds are he would have killed one of his classmates.

I doubt it. You have to dig deep to find the many stories of CCW holders stopping a crime, and no innocents get killed in the process.

Sure. Millions of lives saved every year by guns used for defense. No doubt. Millions!

Where did I say millions? Where did I say every day or even often?

When conservatives make a comment liberals don't want to debate, they simply blow the comment out of proportion.

Listen.....your fellow nutbags have been trying to pass on a lie that millions of crimes are stopped each year by responsible gun owners. Haven't you heard that bullshit?

I suppose that if you look hard enough, you will find idiots who want to ban fluoride and vaccines, too, but I don't know anyone who wants to ban guns. I know a LOT of people who want tighter gun control.

Read the threads dumb ass.
"How come when there is a shooting, idiots say we need to ban guns and the NRA"

This fails as a straw man fallacy, given the fact it's a ridiculous lie.

No one is advocating that guns or the NRA be 'banned.'
I know of 4 people ON THIS BOARD that have in fact said JUST that as well as at least 2 members of Congress.

Name them.....and link to the relevant comments please.

Which threads. You keep saying you know 4 people. Who are they?

Abraham Lincoln, Garfield, Mckinley, and JFK.

I suppose that if you look hard enough, you will find idiots who want to ban fluoride and vaccines, too, but I don't know anyone who wants to ban guns. I know a LOT of people who want tighter gun control.
It wasn't hard.

But when Muslims fly jets into the Twin Towers killing thousands of people, the defenders of life do not say ban Muslims.
Hey, man. Yer stealin' my material!

LIBTARD: Guns just killed some more people. We must ban them.

RUBE: Cars kill a lot more people than guns. So I guess we should ban them, too, right? Right? Right?

FOX NEWS: Some more Muslims just killed some more people. Every time any Muslim anywhere kills someone, we will be right here to tell you all about it, with doom music.

RUBE: WE MUST BAN MUSLIMS!!!

Ask yourself what would have happened if one of those students in the classroom had a concealed weapon on them.

I doubt it. You have to dig deep to find the many stories of CCW holders stopping a crime, and no innocents get killed in the process.

Sure. Millions of lives saved every year by guns used for defense. No doubt. Millions!

When conservatives make a comment liberals don't want to debate, they simply blow the comment out of proportion.

Listen.....your fellow nutbags have been trying to pass on a lie that millions of crimes are stopped each year by responsible gun owners. Haven't you heard that bullshit?

Well discuss that with them. I made a comment that CCW and armed home owners save lives every year. In most cases, simply the sight of a gun stops the crime. I wouldn't doubt that many of those stories never get reported or are glossed over too. Most of them never get national attention.

It wasn't hard.

Well, then I guess that these millions of gun grabbers will be yet another thing to keep you awake at night....

Well discuss that with them. I made a comment that CCW and armed home owners save lives every year. In most cases, simply the sight of a gun stops the crime. I wouldn't doubt that many of those stories never get reported or are glossed over too. Most of them never get national attention.

Not enough to make up for the murders, suicides and accidental shootings. Sorry.

I will issue an apology to you for assuming that you'd throw that bullshit out at me. It is used so often......that I have come to expect it from every right wing person here. It comes from a flawed piece called "Armed Resitence to Crime" in a journal out of Northwestern Univ.

The actual numbers are small.

Not enough to make up for the murders, suicides and accidental shootings. Sorry.

I will issue an apology to you for assuming that you'd throw that bullshit out at me. It is used so often......that I have come to expect it from every right wing person here. It comes from a flawed piece called "Armed Resitence to Crime" in a journal out of Northwestern Univ.

So your answer is to disarm Americans or make it harder for them to obtain weapons? Yeah, that would bring down crime.

The number of saved lives is large enough to justify deadly self-defense in this country. You're not going to reduce the lives of victims with any law or strategy.

So your answer is to disarm Americans or make it harder for them to obtain weapons? Yeah, that would bring down crime.

The number of saved lives is large enough to justify deadly self-defense in this country. You're not going to reduce the lives of victims with any law or strategy.

Well, if forbidding the legal sale of guns to people who could not pass a background check won't reduce gun violence, I guess that there is also no particular reason that the legal sale of dynamite should be restricted either.

Well, if forbidding the legal sale of guns to people who could not pass a background check won't reduce gun violence, I guess that there is also no particular reason that the legal sale of dynamite should be restricted either.
Possession of dynamite is not a constitutionally protected right.

We already do forbid the sale of firearms to those who can't pass the background check and where did it get us?

and yet, that is not the argument that is being made. The argument that is being made is that no law restricting gun sales will decrease the number of dead victims. If that were true, then no law restricting the sale of dynamite would reduce victims of terrorism, and therefore, pointless.

We already do forbid the sale of firearms to those who can't pass the background check and where did it get us?

I can walk into the gun show down town with $2,000 and walk out with virtually any gun in the place, no questions asked, and no background check.

and yet, that is not the argument that is being made. The argument that is being made is that no law restricting gun sales will decrease the number of dead victims. If that were true, then no law restricting the sale of dynamite would reduce victims of terrorism, and therefore, pointless.
You can't restrict gun sales without violating the constitution therefore it's a mute point. Concentrate on what you can do.

I can walk into the gun show down town with $2,000 and walk out with virtually any gun in the place, no questions asked, and no background check.

I doubt that. Most gun shows do have background checks. It may not be a law unless they are a licensed dealer, but most gun shows mandate it. That's besides the fact very few criminals get their guns from guns shows, so it's really not a problem.

Well when we have people blowing up schools and causing mass murders every couple of months with dynamite, then we can address the problem.

Well when we have people blowing up schools and causing mass murders every couple of months with dynamite, then we can address the problem.

...but, of course, since they are using guns instead of dynamite, then we should not make it more difficult for a deranged person, or convicted felon, to buy a gun. I guess that Mr. Responsible Gun Owner feels that it is a slippery slope. If Charles Manson is ever paroled, and is stopped from being sold a gun at a gun show by a law, then Mr. Responsible Gun Owner is next.

You can't restrict gun sales without violating the constitution therefore it's a mute point. Concentrate on what you can do.

Gun sales are restricted, what the f are you babbling about.

My answer is not to disarm Americans. You now owe me an apology for assuming such a ridiculous thing. I'll wait.

Forum List

Back