🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How democrats killed Illinois....they can't stop increasing taxes and spending....

Like getting rid of townships.

They need to take a look at every nonprofit not paying property taxes. Everybody else has to cover for these clowns. Hospitals, etc.

Like getting rid of townships.

They need to take a look at every nonprofit not paying property taxes. Everybody else has to cover for these clowns. Hospitals, etc.

That isn't the problem.....democrats have destroyed owning a home in Illinois, and their taxes on businesses are driving people out....

A Tale of Two Costcos

DAN: Illinois and Wisconsin — So I was speaking to a group of commercial real estate brokers at lunch yesterday. And this guy was telling me, you know, about the climate in Illinois from their perspective as a businessperson that operates in the real estate sector, commercial real estate development. Talk to investors. Talks to big companies, in terms of location decisions, right? So he tells me, we’re talking back and forth about and what’s going on politically and where we find ourselves, and all of the intractable, seemingly intractable, problems that afflict us. But he said, “Let me give you an example of what’s happening and where Illinois is vis-à-vis, like, Wisconsin. Two Costco’s — he’s talking to a honcho at Costco. So they put two Costco outlets, one just south of Mitchell Field, just south of Milwaukee. I think it’s in New Berlin. I’m not sure, but just south of the airport in Milwaukee. And another in Melrose Park, here, in the near west suburbs, Cook County.

AMY: I’m familiar with Melrose Park.

DAN: Well, I’m just saying. You know we have people downstate that listen to us, and other states that listen to us. I’m just giving a little geography. Importantly, in Cook County, it costs the same to build the facilities — $33 million dollars for both.

AMY: Square footage is the same?

DAN: Yeah. And the same cost to build. The sales are the same, substantially the same, within a few shekels, at the two outlets. The net for Costco at their Milwaukee-area store: $8 million a year. That’s what they net in volume business. The net at their Melrose Park location …

AMY: Oh, can I guess?

DAN: What do you think it is?

AMY: $5 million?

DAN: $600,000!

AMY: That’s it? Because of all the taxes?

DAN: It’s the taxes, and shakedown fees. You know … He talked about, like, there’s a

$50,000 a year roof inspection fee, and all of these other layers and layers of taxes, and because we have so many units of government, and fees, and basically, shakedown scams. That’s basically a difference of 13x in terms of return. $8 million dollars just north of the cheese curtain in Milwaukee, a year, that’s their net. $600,000 in Melrose Park in Cook County.

AMY: And sales are the same, pretty much the same.

DAN: Rauner tried to get a meeting with the CEO of Costco. He said, look, basically, he didn’t take the meeting. We have nothing to talk about. I mean, he’s not blaming Rauner. We just have nothing to talk about. We have nothing to talk about, in terms of locating more outlets here, doing business in Illinois, until something changes in Illinois, because it makes absolutely no sense. And all you have to do is share that vignette about the tale of two communities — Milwaukee and Cook County.

This is how mike madigan...the Speaker of the House, and the actual Governor of the state, and his democrats have killed the state...

Home is where the hurt is: How property taxes are crushing Illinois’ middle class | Illinois Policy | Illinois' comeback story starts here

When it comes to property taxes, sticker shock is typical in Illinois. From small-business owners in Chicago to suburban dwellers in middle-of-the-pack school districts, long-time Illinoisans are often bewildered as to why they pay the second-highest property taxes in the nation, at an average of more than 2 percent of a home’s value.

And the nonpartisan Tax Foundation said Chicago’s record-setting property-tax hike will likely vault Illinois to the top of the table, making the Land of Lincoln home to the highest property taxes in the U.S.

But an average only tells so much of the story.

Property taxes become a second mortgage that homeowners can never pay off, or an endless expense for a small business that grows more costly each year. The Schurtz family’s first year of property taxes came out to 4 percent of the value of their Geneva, Illinois, home. For many Illinoisans, the burden is even heavier.

Job Varghese, an Indian-American immigrant who left his job with the federal government to strike out as a hospitality entrepreneur, pays $220,000 per year in property taxes on his southern Cook County hotel – more than he pays on the mortgage.

And it gets worse each year. Over the last 10 years, Varghese’s annual property-tax bill has risen by $70,000.

Here it is.......their research on property taxes....

Growing out of control: Property taxes put increasing burden on Illinois taxpayers | Illinois Policy | Illinois' comeback story starts here

Illinoisans already know they pay high property taxes.

But what is not as well known is that property taxes are outpacing residents’ ability to pay for them. Over the past 50 years, whether measured in comparison to household income, economic growth, population or inflation, all classes of property taxes – residential, commercial, industrial, etc. – have placed an increasingly unaffordable burden on Illinoisans. Since 1963, Illinois property taxes have grown 2.5 times faster than inflation and 14 times faster than the state’s population.

And looking at residential property taxes alone since 1990 shows:

• Residential property taxes in Illinois have grown 3.3 times faster than median household incomes.

• Illinoisans’ residential property-tax burden – as a percentage of median household income – has risen 76 percent.

• If Illinois froze its residential property taxes today, it would take 28 years for residents’ property-tax burden to return to 1990 levels.1

This long history of growth has resulted in an average effective property-tax rate of 2.32 percent in Illinois – the second highest in the nation, behind only New Jersey.2 And with the Chicago City Council’s passing a record property-tax hike on Oct. 28, Illinois will be in competition for the highest property taxes in the country.

Knowing Chicago I would be willing to bet the $50K roof inspection fee isn't all. I bet that if you want a good inspection the inspector needs a little green in his pocket also.

Does not matter what state they are from but all Democrats believe that there is no problem that tax money cannot fix.

Does not matter what state they are from but all Democrats believe that there is no problem that tax money cannot fix.
Why do republicans want free stuff? Do they pay their bills at home?

Oh.....the stupid people are starting to post.......

It isn't about covering expenses through taxes...this is about taxing a state into bankruptcy and getting nothing in return....

Dumb ass.........

It isn't about covering expenses through taxes...this is about taxing a state into bankruptcy and getting nothing in return....

Dumb ass.........
My state has a high income tax but no tax on food and clothing nor do they tax pensions. Nobody out there is getting a free ride if that`s what you`re seeking. Stop being a bum already.

This is how mike madigan...the Speaker of the House, and the actual Governor of the state, and his democrats have killed the state...

Home is where the hurt is: How property taxes are crushing Illinois’ middle class | Illinois Policy | Illinois' comeback story starts here

When it comes to property taxes, sticker shock is typical in Illinois. From small-business owners in Chicago to suburban dwellers in middle-of-the-pack school districts, long-time Illinoisans are often bewildered as to why they pay the second-highest property taxes in the nation, at an average of more than 2 percent of a home’s value.

And the nonpartisan Tax Foundation said Chicago’s record-setting property-tax hike will likely vault Illinois to the top of the table, making the Land of Lincoln home to the highest property taxes in the U.S.

But an average only tells so much of the story.

Property taxes become a second mortgage that homeowners can never pay off, or an endless expense for a small business that grows more costly each year. The Schurtz family’s first year of property taxes came out to 4 percent of the value of their Geneva, Illinois, home. For many Illinoisans, the burden is even heavier.

Job Varghese, an Indian-American immigrant who left his job with the federal government to strike out as a hospitality entrepreneur, pays $220,000 per year in property taxes on his southern Cook County hotel – more than he pays on the mortgage.

And it gets worse each year. Over the last 10 years, Varghese’s annual property-tax bill has risen by $70,000.

I'm telling you, they need to go through the non profits that are not paying taxes. And they need to get rid of the Madigan cartel.

Dan Proft is the host of a radio show, Dan and Amy, but he is also a political activist here in Illinois. He is a member of the Illinois Policy Institute and they did research into the property taxes in Illinois and how they are gutting the state........

Illinois has higher property taxes than every state with no income tax | Illinois Policy | Illinois' comeback story starts here
I think they just need to legalize pot to stop wasting money on a useless, government service.

Dumb ass.........
My state has a high income tax but no tax on food and clothing nor do they tax pensions. Nobody out there is getting a free ride if that`s what you`re seeking. Stop being a bum already.

Services have been drastically reduced in Illinois. People are fed up with Chicago and leaving. Nobody wants to deal with the scams.

Dumb ass.........

Services have been drastically reduced in Illinois. People are fed up with Chicago and leaving. Nobody wants to deal with the scams.
From a legal theory perspective, any form of Prohibition must be ratified by the People; it cannot be imposed by even a State government.

Forum List

Back