How did the Universe get here?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
How did the Universe (i.e. everything that exists) get here?

And if you believe there are multiple universes, then how did the Multiverse get here?

We know the Universe wasn't always here, and will end sometime in the future.

How did everything begin, and what happens after the end?

I'm looking for an answer from those of you who say God definitely does not exist.

Do we know that the universe is finite?

Yes, that is the current scientific theory. I can't post a link because I don't have enough posts yet, so you will have to take my word for it, for now.

Yes, that is the current scientific theory. I can't post a link because I don't have enough posts yet, so you will have to take my word for it, for now.
I'm not sure I can take your word for it. The theory of relativity is, for all intents and purposes, set in stone. Theories that the universe is finite, however, are still being debated, aren't they?

I don't believe that a finite universe or an infinite one disproves the existence of God, though.

Last edited:

I'm not sure I can take your word for it. The theory of relativity is, for all intents and purposes, set in stone. Theories that the universe is finite, however, is still being debated, isn't it?

I don't believe that a finite universe or an infinite one disproves the existence of God, though.
Well, you can just Google it yourself, I'm not stopping you. I don't believe there's one single astronomer who believes the universe is infinite.

I'm not sure I can take your word for it. The theory of relativity is, for all intents and purposes, set in stone. Theories that the universe is finite, however, is still being debated, isn't it?

Well, you can just Google it yourself, I'm not stopping you. I don't believe there's one single astronomer who believes the universe is infinite.

You would be wrong. Cosmologists (those are the scientists who study the origin of the universe) are to this day debating a "steady state" universe, versus a inflationary universe begun by a "Big Bang".

You have a lot of reading to do before you will be able to make a real contribution but I encourage you to do so. It is a fascinating field of study.

You would be wrong. Cosmologists (those are the scientists who study the origin of the universe) are to this day debating a "steady state" universe, versus a inflationary universe begun by a "Big Bang".

You have a lot of reading to do before you will be able to make a real contribution but I encourage you to do so. It is a fascinating field of study.
It took me a ten second Google search to learn that the "steady state" theory of the universe is an obsolete theory, now rejected by the overwhelming majority of scientists. After I have 15 posts, I will post the link, which took microseconds for Google to find.

And if you believe there are multiple universes, then how did the Multiverse get here?

I'm looking for an answer from those of you who say God definitely does not exist.

No...we do not know that. All we seem to be sure of is the SIZE of the universe before and after the Big Bang.

From what I can tell the CONTENT of the universe was the same....just packaged in a much smaller size.

The space between the elements of today's atoms is almost infinite.

No...we do not know that. All we seem to be sure of is the SIZE of the universe before and after the Big Bang.

From what I can tell the CONTENT of the universe was the same....just packaged in a much smaller size.

Why was all that matter and energy concentrated into such a small space? I mean, how did that happen?

Why was all that matter and energy concentrated into such a small space? I mean, how did that happen?

My own personal theory is that the universe is caught in a never ending cycle of expansion and contraction.

I believe that after the universe has reached it's maximum expansion black holes suck it into contraction until one massive black hole compresses all known matter into a state without distance between the particles of matter. As the super black hole runs out of particles/matter/smaller black holes to consume a big bang occurs and the universe expands only to collapse again over and over into infinity.

Last edited:

My own personal theory is that the universe in caught in a never ending cycle of expansion and contraction.

I believe that after the universe has reached it's maximum expansion black holes suck it into contraction until one massive black hole compresses all known matter into a state without distance between the particles of matter. As the super black hole runs out of particles/matter/smaller black holes to consume a big bang occurs and the universe expands only to collapse again over and over into infinity.
How did this cycle begin?

It took me a ten second Google search to learn that the "steady state" theory of the universe is an obsolete theory, now rejected by the overwhelming majority of scientists. After I have 15 posts, I will post the link, which took microseconds for Google to find.

You better do better than that my good man. The Big Bang theory is merely the latest in a long line of theories of how the universe began. There are still adherents to the steady state theory because there are loads of problems with the BB theory. One of the biggest being how do galaxies collide when they are supposed to be expanding away from each other?

"NEW YORK, N.Y. – Scientists who made headlines in March with their research on the early universe are now acknowledging that they may have been mistaken.

In a paper published Thursday, the researchers stood by their initial conclusion — that they had found long-sought evidence for a rapid ballooning of the universe a split-second after its birth.

But they said they could not rule out the possibility that a crucial signal they believe came from deep in the cosmos was actually caused by dust in the Milky Way galaxy. If true, their claim for detecting the evidence of so-called cosmic inflation right after the Big Bang would evaporate."

Headline-grabbing Big Bang researchers worry of cosmic error | Metro

My own personal theory is that the universe in caught in a never ending cycle of expansion and contraction.

How did this cycle begin?

A ginormous fart. How else do you think these things begin:lol:

You better do better than that my good man. The Big Bang theory is merely the latest in a long line of theories of how the universe began. There are still adherents to the steady state theory because there are loads of problems with the BB theory. One of the biggest being how do galaxies collide when they are supposed to be expanding away from each other?

"NEW YORK, N.Y. – Scientists who made headlines in March with their research on the early universe are now acknowledging that they may have been mistaken.

In a paper published Thursday, the researchers stood by their initial conclusion — that they had found long-sought evidence for a rapid ballooning of the universe a split-second after its birth.

But they said they could not rule out the possibility that a crucial signal they believe came from deep in the cosmos was actually caused by dust in the Milky Way galaxy. If true, their claim for detecting the evidence of so-called cosmic inflation right after the Big Bang would evaporate."

Even if the universe is infinite in time and space, which personally I think is impossible, that doesn't explain how it got here.

Even if the universe is infinite in time and space, which personally I think is impossible, that doesn't explain how it got here.

That's true. There are two ways it got here. Some THING (God) created it, or it has always been, and will always be here. You get to choose that which you believe.

I'm not sure I can take your word for it. The theory of relativity is, for all intents and purposes, set in stone. Theories that the universe is finite, however, are still being debated, aren't they?

in the flat universe model it is infinite that is at least what most fell comfortable with

incorrect

Forum List

Back