How do we know the Bible is true?

IOW, we know the bible is real because the bible says its real.

K.
Thnx
I guess you missed the part about all of those prophecies that came true. You're not doing anything to convince me that my original opinion of you was in any way wrong. In fact, you are reinforcing that opinion.
This fails as a observational selection fallacy, as there is much in the bible which is false and not true – by your ‘reasoning’ that must mean the bible isn’t true.
Give us one example of something in the Bible that is untrue?

K.
Thnx
I guess you missed the part about all of those prophecies that came true. You're not doing anything to convince me that my original opinion of you was in any way wrong. In fact, you are reinforcing that opinion.
This fails as a observational selection fallacy, as there is much in the bible which is false and not true – by your ‘reasoning’ that must mean the bible isn’t true.
The Exodus for starters.

Nevertheless the Koran writers claimed repeatedly that they were transmitting the very Word of Allah, infallible and authoritative in the highest degree. This is an amazing thing for any writer to say, and if the forty or so men who wrote the passages were wrong in these claims, then they must have been lying, or insane, or both.

See how that goes?

K.
Thnx
The Exodus for starters.
How is it untrue?

Nevertheless the Koran writers claimed repeatedly that they were transmitting the very Word of Allah, infallible and authoritative in the highest degree. This is an amazing thing for any writer to say, and if the forty or so men who wrote the passages were wrong in these claims, then they must have been lying, or insane, or both.

See how that goes?
Except that it was written by a single man, who was also a murderer and a pedophile. See how that goes?

K.
Thnx
The Exodus for starters.
How is it untrue?
Never happened. Even some Jewish rabbis admit it. There is zero evidence the jews were ever in Egypt or the desert.

The Biblical Exodus Story Is Fiction

Last edited:
BibleThumper.JPG

Bible can't be true, it contradicts itself. It is the work of men who are imperfect and of limited knowledge.

It is an expression of faith not fact or truth.

The Prophesy's were written after they had come true claiming to be about stories of prophets in the past accurate forecasting. They were only accurate because historians were writing the literature.

I could claim that Hershel predicted WWII. And wow WWII happened therefore he must be a Godly prophet even though he never predicted any such thing and that I simply made it up now.

See how that goes?
The Koran is simply a distorted rehash of an oral understanding of Bible stories written down by a man who never actually read the Bible. Tell me, according to the Koran, how is an individual saved?

Point is...even the OP says he is flawed, so what makes him think the guys that translated the words of the bible were not flawed as well?

See how that goes?
Except that it was written by a single man, who was also a murderer and a pedophile. See how that goes?
It wasn't written by a single man at all.

See how that goes?
How come they cant find the graves of any of the men that wrote the bible?

See how that goes?
I have no idea. Ask a religious person.

See how that goes?
You're either defending the bible or you're bowing out. Make up your mind.

See how that goes?

List of burial places of biblical figures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebi Musa - Tomb of Moses

actual proof?? how do you test bones, dust or DNA that might been found at those sites? What do you compare them to?
with such conflict of religions, who is authorized to investigate or test them?

Take stick, poke it in the ground and give it some religious significance or name

See how that goes?
You're either defending the bible or you're bowing out. Make up your mind.
I haven't defended the bible at all. I'm agnostic edging toward atheist.

Forum List

Back