How do we know the Bible is true?

IOW, we know the bible is real because the bible says its real.

K.
Thnx
I guess you missed the part about all of those prophecies that came true. You're not doing anything to convince me that my original opinion of you was in any way wrong. In fact, you are reinforcing that opinion.
This fails as a observational selection fallacy, as there is much in the bible which is false and not true – by your ‘reasoning’ that must mean the bible isn’t true.
Give us one example of something in the Bible that is untrue?
The Exodus for starters.
How is it untrue?

There is zero archeological evidence for the Exodus. Just like there is zero evidence for things like Herod's massacre of infants, zero evidence the skies went black when Jesus was crucified, zero evidence the word stopped turning for Joshua, and zero evidence for David having raised an army of 1.5 million men (or the three times the size of the active US Army).

I guess you missed the part about all of those prophecies that came true. You're not doing anything to convince me that my original opinion of you was in any way wrong. In fact, you are reinforcing that opinion.
This fails as a observational selection fallacy, as there is much in the bible which is false and not true – by your ‘reasoning’ that must mean the bible isn’t true.
The Exodus for starters.
How is it untrue?

There is zero archeological evidence for the Exodus. Just like there is zero evidence for things like Herod's massacre of infants, zero evidence the skies went black when Jesus was crucified, zero evidence the word stopped turning for Joshua, and zero evidence for David having raised an army of 1.5 million men (or the three times the size of the active US Army).

download.jpg

The Exodus for starters.
How is it untrue?

david raised an army of 1.5 million? I don't believe that.

The Exodus for starters.
How is it untrue?

1 Chronicles 21:5
And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred threescore and ten thousand men that drew sword.

The Exodus for starters.
How is it untrue?

1 Chronicles 21:5
And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred threescore and ten thousand men that drew sword.

how does that come out in Hebrew?----numbers in Hebrew are expressed in strange ways I had no idea that there were that many people in the whole country

There has not been one thing in it that has been proven false.

Even if you don't believe in God, there is more wisdom in Proverbs than all universities combined. Add in the teachings of Jesus, Son of God or just histories most famous deluded man, and you know why it's histories top selling book.

Even if you don't believe in God, there is more wisdom in Proverbs than all universities combined. Add in the teachings of Jesus, Son of God or just histories most famous deluded man, and you know why it's histories top selling book.

I read the book----but do not recall jesus doing a whole lot of TEACHING. I remember some people---including some who never met jesus SAYING he did lots of teaching and writing on those teachings. Luke not only never met Jesus---but did not even speak Aramaic. He was Greek. It is difficult for me to believe that Paul's dreams constitute the "teachings of Jesus". Lots of cultures got proverbs

The Exodus for starters.
How is it untrue?

An interesting perspective on the Exodus. Shift the timelines a bit and events line up.

Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus | You never know where a crises of faith will lead you

I read the book----but do not recall jesus doing a whole lot of TEACHING. I remember some people---including some who never met jesus SAYING he did lots of teaching and writing on those teachings. Luke not only never met Jesus---but did not even speak Aramaic. He was Greek. It is difficult for me to believe that Paul's dreams constitute the "teachings of Jesus". Lots of cultures got proverbs
Beatitudes is outstanding.

The Exodus for starters.
How is it untrue?

An interesting perspective on the Exodus. Shift the timelines a bit and events line up.

Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus | You never know where a crises of faith will lead you

there is no question in my mind that there was a time when there were jews living as a group in Egypt---and then felt compelled to escape---or something like that. The evidence exists in
etymology

What validates the Bible even more than nothing in it has been proven false - the people who recorded it and what they wrote. The Jews are always whiny and stubborn and in the NT the disciples are always dense and clueless.

If your going to create fiction the last thing you do is write bad things about yourself and create a story that Jesus was born outside of marriage which was punishable by death and even today eyeballed as inappropriate.

the beatitudes constititute a summary of stuff said over and over in the OT and also by HILLEL who died either just before Jesus was born or just after. Hillel was quoted extensively at that time and still is. Jesus was a hillel man----NO DOUBT ------as likely----was MATTHEW who-----according to Christian scholars was probably a very literate jew

What validates the Bible even more than nothing in it has been proven false - the people who recorded it and what they wrote. The Jews are always whiny and stubborn and in the NT the disciples are always dense and clueless.

If your going to create fiction the last thing you do is write bad things about yourself and create a story that Jesus was born outside of marriage which was punishable by death and even today eyeballed as inappropriate.

born outside of marriage is not punishable by death in jewish law at that time. ---not nice but not capital

Last edited:

the beatitudes constititute a summary of stuff said over and over in the OT and also by HILLEL who died either just before Jesus was born or just after. Hillel was quoted extensively at that time and still is. Jesus was a hillel man----NO DOUBT ------as likely----was MATTHEW who-----according to Christian scholars was probably a very literate jew
My point is what was said is just as important today as it was 2,000 years ago. It's timeless.

who wrote bad things about HIMSELF? in the bible?

born outside of marriage is not punishable by dead in jewish law at that time. ---not nice but not capital
Yeah, adultry was a big deal.

Are you kidding? Every book in the Bible is filled with their failures.

born outside of marriage is not punishable by dead in jewish law at that time. ---not nice but not capital

adultery was defined as sex with a married woman------not a girl not married getting knocked up. In fact----such an event could
constitute MARRIAGE

Are you kidding? Every book in the Bible is filled with their failures.

whose failures?

adultery was defined as sex with a married woman------not a girl not married getting knocked up. In fact----such an event could
constitute MARRIAGE
She was married to Joseph.

Forum List

Back