How do you explain a ordered universe without a Creator?

...When you take a thousand coins and toss them on a table some will bounce and some will spin and maybe one or two will roll on their edges and come to a stop. When they all stop moving after a few seconds you may think you see a pattern in how they lay on the top of the table and those on the floor. ....
Every one of those coins will move and stop in accordance with the laws of physics. Are you saying no one can predict where they would land if given measurements of energy and direction of each while in the air?

Likewise, given the appropriate information and a sufficiently large computer, are you saying the end result of the Universe couldn't be predicted a few seconds after the Big Bang?

...When you take a thousand coins and toss them on a table some will bounce and some will spin and maybe one or two will roll on their edges and come to a stop. When they all stop moving after a few seconds you may think you see a pattern in how they lay on the top of the table and those on the floor. ....
Every one of those coins will move and stop in accordance with the laws of physics. Are you saying no one can predict where they would land if given measurements of energy and direction of each while in the air?

Likewise, given the appropriate information and a sufficiently large computer, are you saying the end result of the Universe couldn't be predicted a few seconds after the Big Bang?

If I understand the notion of "god" correctly he/she/it didn't use a computer. The idea of a universe that was "designed" is not the same as where there is this god that magically "predicts" an outcome... then takes credit for it. :lol:

If I understand the notion of "god" correctly he/she/it didn't use a computer. The idea of a universe that was "designed" is not the same as where there is this god that magically "predicts" an outcome... then takes credit for it. :lol:
Agreed, the power behind the creation of the Universe probably didn't use a computer.

As for the Universe being designed, I don't know. Clearly our Universe does follow predictable rules which can't be violated. Stars don't randomly wink out of existence and planets don't suddenly fly apart because gravity ceases to work.

Stars don't randomly wink out of existence and planets don't suddenly fly apart because gravity ceases to work.
galaxy-collision-2.jpg

Galaxies colliding.

So how do you explain the Creator without a Creator of the Creator?
No need. If the Oscillating Universe had been proved true, there'd be no need to have a creator since the Universe would be created and destroyed in an endless cycle. However, since the Universe has been proven to have a definite beginning and a clear end as "the Big Chill", it begs the question of origin.
The Big Crunch, the Big Freeze and the Big Rip - The Big Bang and the Big Crunch - The Physics of the Universe

While I'm sure you'd have easily accepted an Oscillating Universe, it's confusing that you can't accepted the idea of an endless force behind the creation of this Universe and, possibly, an infinite number of others.
That is because God expects him to repent of his sins and accept Him as Lord of his life. Can't have that, now. Can we?

Agreed, the power behind the creation of the Universe probably didn't use a computer.

As for the Universe being designed, I don't know. Clearly our Universe does follow predictable rules which can't be violated. Stars don't randomly wink out of existence and planets don't suddenly fly apart because gravity ceases to work.

I won't try to be argumentative but stars DO "wink" out of existence and OUR existence is proof of that as the rare heavy metals and elements of the periodic table occur from the distribution of the destruction of those stars are some of the "secret ingredients" of life.

Simple question, really. Why do so many people have a problem with it? Think about it. Order cannot come from chaos. At least not in this universe. Every bit of scientific knowledge we possess says it just can't happen. The universe is extremely ordered. It also contains vast amounts of information. Information has one source. Intelligence. Earthly intelligence is also the result of information. Can you say catch 22? This proves that information has a source that is outside this universe. What is this source? I believe that it is God. Can you come up with any other explanation?

I would like to just rip you a new a-hole and call you ten kinds of a moron but I won't. I will settle your hash respectfully and clearly so even someone with a childlike mind can comprehend it.

The universe as we see it "now" appears ordered and "created" or "designed". The key word is "now". When you take a thousand coins and toss them on a table some will bounce and some will spin and maybe one or two will roll on their edges and come to a stop. When they all stop moving after a few seconds you may think you see a pattern in how they lay on the top of the table and those on the floor. You may even believe that the way the coins are laying resembles the face of Jesus or Elvis. Our Universe has had many, many billions of years to have had 99.9 % of all the collisions it will ever have going forward. What is left in our universe is like the one or two coins on the table standing on their edges. A MIRACLE! No..not a miracle just the laws of probability.

Right after the big bang there was chaos. Everything was colliding with everything and eventually there was some space between the particles and then the gravity kicks in as the particles grow into chunks and then they start attracting more debris until they become very large and the mass starts getting hot ..then atomic fusion and voila..stars.that have enough density to keep stuff in orbit and the stuff starts condensing into planets with their own gravity and voila...moons and so on and so forth. These encounters of the "stuff" is so common that the whole universe ends up looking like our solar system.

What you are neglecting to understand is the TIME it has taken to get to where the universe is. If you believe that a god just "placed" all the stars and planets and moons in the positions they now are in, where was your god one million years after the Big Bang when shit was still flying all over the place and there were few if any organized orbits of ANYTHING? All that is left standing is all that is left standing..or orbiting. Get it? Got it? Good.
I believe that you know exactly what I mean when I say that the universe is ordered. Here's something else for you to consider. Information contains order. The words I'm typing on the screen right now are the product of intelligence, though you might question that intelligence. Whatever. The words I'm typing are what is known as complex specified information. These words contain meaning and are the result of will and intent. They would not exist had I not created them.

Now, let's take a look at DNA. DNA is identical to a written language, in every way that matters. It has a vocabulary, syntax, it conveys meaningful information that is acted upon by the micro machinery in every living cell.

Now, I've heard the argument that it just chemistry. Stop and think about that. Information is immaterial. It has no mass. It is not dependent on matter or energy for it's existence. Matter and energy are simply the medium used to convey information from one intelligent mind to another.

Are you with me so far?

Now, consider this. It doesn't matter what medium is used to convey information. It does not affect the information in any way. Instead of using my computer and the internet, I could call you on my smartphone and talk to you in person. I could even use smoke signals. Doesn't matter. The information remains unchanged.

So just because information is encoded using chemicals makes no difference to the informational content.

Finally, I want you to think about this. I have already demonstrated that information is the result of intelligence. This is an observable fact, BTW. The question you should be asking yourself is where did the information in DNA come from? And don't even try to say it was the result of time and chance. That won't cut it. Complex specified information, which DNA is classified as, is the result of intelligence. Period!

Simple question, really. Why do so many people have a problem with it? Think about it. Order cannot come from chaos. At least not in this universe. Every bit of scientific knowledge we possess says it just can't happen. The universe is extremely ordered. It also contains vast amounts of information. Information has one source. Intelligence. Earthly intelligence is also the result of information. Can you say catch 22? This proves that information has a source that is outside this universe. What is this source? I believe that it is God. Can you come up with any other explanation?

I would like to just rip you a new a-hole and call you ten kinds of a moron but I won't. I will settle your hash respectfully and clearly so even someone with a childlike mind can comprehend it.

The universe as we see it "now" appears ordered and "created" or "designed". The key word is "now". When you take a thousand coins and toss them on a table some will bounce and some will spin and maybe one or two will roll on their edges and come to a stop. When they all stop moving after a few seconds you may think you see a pattern in how they lay on the top of the table and those on the floor. You may even believe that the way the coins are laying resembles the face of Jesus or Elvis. Our Universe has had many, many billions of years to have had 99.9 % of all the collisions it will ever have going forward. What is left in our universe is like the one or two coins on the table standing on their edges. A MIRACLE! No..not a miracle just the laws of probability.

Right after the big bang there was chaos. Everything was colliding with everything and eventually there was some space between the particles and then the gravity kicks in as the particles grow into chunks and then they start attracting more debris until they become very large and the mass starts getting hot ..then atomic fusion and voila..stars.that have enough density to keep stuff in orbit and the stuff starts condensing into planets with their own gravity and voila...moons and so on and so forth. These encounters of the "stuff" is so common that the whole universe ends up looking like our solar system.

What you are neglecting to understand is the TIME it has taken to get to where the universe is. If you believe that a god just "placed" all the stars and planets and moons in the positions they now are in, where was your god one million years after the Big Bang when shit was still flying all over the place and there were few if any organized orbits of ANYTHING? All that is left standing is all that is left standing..or orbiting. Get it? Got it? Good.
I believe that you know exactly what I mean when I say that the universe is ordered. Here's something else for you to consider. Information contains order. The words I'm typing on the screen right now are the product of intelligence, though you might question that intelligence. Whatever. The words I'm typing are what is known as complex specified information. These words contain meaning and are the result of will and intent. They would not exist had I not created them.

Now, let's take a look at DNA. DNA is identical to a written language, in every way that matters. It has a vocabulary, syntax, it conveys meaningful information that is acted upon by the micro machinery in every living cell.

Now, I've heard the argument that it just chemistry. Stop and think about that. Information is immaterial. It has no mass. It is not dependent on matter or energy for it's existence. Matter and energy are simply the medium used to convey information from one intelligent mind to another.

Are you with me so far?

Now, consider this. It doesn't matter what medium is used to convey information. It does not affect the information in any way. Instead of using my computer and the internet, I could call you on my smartphone and talk to you in person. I could even use smoke signals. Doesn't matter. The information remains unchanged.

So just because information is encoded using chemicals makes no difference to the informational content.

Finally, I want you to think about this. I have already demonstrated that information is the result of intelligence. This is an observable fact, BTW. The question you should be asking yourself is where did the information in DNA come from? And don't even try to say it was the result of time and chance. That won't cut it. Complex specified information, which DNA is classified as, is the result of intelligence. Period!

I underget what you say but the information you choose to use is selected while you are wearing blinders or colored lens's in your glasses. The double helix of life has THOUSANDS of unused potential pairs that if connected would create a much different animal than the one we use to process the information and participate on this Message Board with what language skills we have? mastered? We DID happen randomly. Given enough room and safety WE were bound to eventually occur and only because we didn't all want to play with Silver Back Gorillas by the grace of that intelligence are we still here.

I won't try to be argumentative but stars DO "wink" out of existence and OUR existence is proof of that as the rare heavy metals and elements of the periodic table occur from the distribution of the destruction of those stars are some of the "secret ingredients" of life.
Not "wink", but yes they do die. Are you certain the Sun will still be there tomorrow? I am. It's not going to suddenly disappear nor will it suddenly explode/go nova. It follows defined rules which we glean through science. Just because we don't fully understand something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Arthur C. Clarke famously said "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Clarke's first law
When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

Clarke's second law
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

Clarke's third law
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Are you with me so far?

I underget what you say but the information you choose to use is selected while you are wearing blinders or colored lens's in your glasses. The double helix of life has THOUSANDS of unused potential pairs that if connected would create a much different animal than the one we use to process the information and participate on this Message Board with what language skills we have? mastered? We DID happen randomly. Given enough room and safety WE were bound to eventually occur and only because we didn't all want to play with Silver Back Gorillas by the grace of that intelligence are we still here.
I suppose that next you'll be telling us all about junk DNA. That's still a favorite of the atheists, despite the fact that it has been soundly debunked. Or do you disagree?

Entropy. Look it up
YOU don't even know what it is. It is just a word some creationist fed you that is beyond your comprehension, or you would have stated it yourself. BTW, creationists ALWAYS misstate it.
Hey Dipshit I'm not a creationist

In fact I'm not religious at all

The universe is expanding, stars will all eventually burn out there will be no thermal energy hence disorder and randomness will prevail IOW heat death

But none of that matters because our sun will make the earth uninhabitable in about a billion years and will eventually expand and engulf the earth completely if something else doesn't take us out first and at that point the universe doesn't exist as far as we are concerned.

Who ever said the universe was ordered?

It's a pretty chaotic place
Yet it follows rules. Ergo, not chaotic, but ordered. Just because we don't understand all the rules or can't comprehend the entire pattern doesn't mean they aren't there.
If you can't comprehend them how do you know they are there?
Isn't that the purpose of study? Of science? To comprehend that which we don't understand?

Who ever said the universe was ordered?

It's a pretty chaotic place
Yet it follows rules. Ergo, not chaotic, but ordered. Just because we don't understand all the rules or can't comprehend the entire pattern doesn't mean they aren't there.
If you can't comprehend them how do you know they are there?
Isn't that the purpose of study? Of science? To comprehend that which we don't understand?
You didn't answer my question. Slipped way off to the side to something else.
If you can't comprehend how do you know it's an ordered universe? That makes it a chaotic universe.

The universe is expanding, stars will all eventually burn out there will be no thermal energy hence disorder and randomness will prevail IOW heat death
That is the BS creationists preach which you swallow because you have no real understanding of entropy in science. There can be no "heat death" of the universe because there is no temperature at which all motion stops, the 3rd Law of Thermodynamics.

Forum List

Back