How does Negative Rep work on these forums?

Neg reps are for punks who are too cowardly to confront on threads. Don't worry about them.

Not really, I don't neg very much but when you get one, you know for sure someone doesn't like something about your post. Not everyone uses a neg to do their talking for them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Neg reps are for punks who are too cowardly to confront on threads. Don't worry about them.

Not really, I don't neg very much but when you get one, you know for sure someone doesn't like something about your post. Not everyone uses a neg to do their talking for them.
If you've got a problem, spit it out in the open. Neg reps are for punks. I usually get neg repped for this, but it seriously has no effect other than confirming someone's a punk.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
How does Reputation work?

I had A LOT of positive reputation. I had ONE yellow bar. Then one douchebag came along, gave me a negative rep, and I lost like 6 bars of rep.

?????
Welcome to USMB, The2ndAmendment. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Better luck next time. We have a 360-degree spectrum of opinions here. There's always someone who's one eighty of where you are. *sigh*

Neg. rep is simply someone's way of saying they didn't like your post. Don't take it personal.

Neg. rep is simply someone's way of saying they didn't like your post AND that they are too cowardly to tell you why in the thread. Sometime the one that gives you the neg rep doesn't even contribute to the thread. Again Don't take it personal.

Neg. rep is simply someone's way of saying they didn't like your post. Don't take it personal.

Neg. rep is simply someone's way of saying they didn't like your post AND that they are too cowardly to tell you why in the thread. Sometime the one that gives you the neg rep doesn't even contribute to the thread. Again Don't take it personal.

I agree. Don't take it personal. It's just rep. No biggie.

How does Reputation work?

I had A LOT of positive reputation. I had ONE yellow bar. Then one douchebag came along, gave me a negative rep, and I lost like 6 bars of rep.

?????

I wouldn't try to figure out the yellow/brown/green bars, which I infer is your real question. They's some kind of citified cipherin' system that we hain't figgered out yet. Some kind of abacus where one figure is worth ten of the next -- or something like that. In effect more or fewer bars doesn't mean more or less rep any more than having a lot of one-dollar bills means you have a lot of money. Go by the number.

On a side note, I've actually been negged for asking the same question you just did, which I can't explain or justify. Sometimes we deserve it, sometimes it makes no sense at all. We can only control the former.

Last edited:
If you whine about neg rep you'll just get more of the same.

I rarely neg but when I do it's because a poster was being a jackass in their post. Yeah, I know, you'd think I'd end up negging more with that being my reasoning. Some people neg just because they can.

Forum List

Back