How is Jesus the Messiah?

PS----I believe that TEMPLE COURTYARD action was the act that the romans considered to
be SEDITION AGAINST ROME

His friends were common working class unrefined people. They were just being themselves, not deliberately provoking a dispute. The Pharisee objected to their low class habits because they thought that they were so pure.

Thats when Jesus revealed that the subject of what defiles a person is what comes out of the mouth, the produce of the mind, which is a direct reference to kosher law.

Must have been very embarrassing to be bested by a foul mouthed wise guy and his rag tag group of peasants...

from where do you get the idea that the "friends" of Jesus were "rag tag peasants"? his mother?
his father? can you name a few of these brutes? John the Baptist? Handwashing before
eating was not an exclusive habit of the aristocracy. Poor illiterate people did it. It was and IS
an ingrained social custom------still is. The jews from the most backward countries do it-----even the
Kurdish jews. Children grow up with it. My illiterate grandfather did it. (I am not sure what the literate
one did------he was from England) It is obvious to me from reading the NT that Jesus----son of a
Carpenter ------was EDUCATED-------who was the foul mouthed peasant?

The religious authorities that disputed with Jesus were highly respected and admired by the people for their apparent dedication to a holy life.

Jesus walking around the Temple calling priests, doctors, lawyers, and scribes degenerate actors and lying frauds, was like someone walking around vatican city calling Mother Teresa a whore.

Try again------the priests of the temple were ROMAN APPOINTEES-------shills. ---largely
SADDUCEES ----disdained to the point of violence by the Pharisees. doctors? lawyers?
King Herod the edomite was also not a public darling. You need some history. When was Jesus
walking around the Temple? It was probably a place he needed to AVOID. I read the NT---I do
not remember him STROLLING around the Temple
I recall Jesus making a whip and beating the business men in the temple and driving them and their animals out of the temple.

right-----the most compelling evidence that he was a Pharisee. The Pharisees HATED the business
activities that went on in the Temple Courtyard--------it was a ROMAN FAVE------considered a corruption
of Roman occupation for several reasons
Jesus tore into the Pharisees often. He was called "Rabbi", but nothing in the Scripture states anyone called him a Pharisee.

Could you explain, using human logic, how he fulfilled it?
Can you explain how he didn't? The OP has yet to do so.
Yes, I can. According to the Gospels Jesus had no human father. It means that king David is not his ancestor.
Except that King Davis is his ancestor through his mother Mary.

Next.
Maternal line in this case is irrelevant. According to the biblical view the rights of royal succession are determined through paternal biological descent.
Verse?
Hmm.. Is there a quote in Tanakh that Jewish kohanim are required to be of direct patrilineal descent from the biblical Aaron?
I think this is a traditional belief that the right of lineal privilege, that is, kingship and priesthood, are exclusively passed on through the male line.

Hebrew words and grammar haven’t changed.
Biblical Hebrew and modern Hebrew are not identical.
Yes they are.
Hebrew has been extended word wise but the core language and grammer is the same.
I know because I can read contemporary Hebrew.
Well, I didn't find anything appropriate in English, but I hope you will have no problem to read next Hebrew article. One of conclusions is that there is a language problem to understand the scripts among school students in Israel. And modern Hebrew is their mother tongue.
מחקר: התלמידים אוהבים תנ"ך, אך לא מבינים את העברית

Hebrew words and grammar haven’t changed.
Biblical Hebrew and modern Hebrew are not identical.
Yes they are.
Hebrew has been extended word wise but the core language and grammer is the same.
I know because I can read contemporary Hebrew.
Well, I didn't find anything appropriate in English, but I hope you will have no problem to read next Hebrew article. One of conclusions is that there is a language problem to understand the scripts among school students in Israel. And modern Hebrew is their mother tongue.
מחקר: התלמידים אוהבים תנ"ך, אך לא מבינים את העברית
Now look at an ArtScroll Mishnah and Gemara and you’ll see this exact language.
Ut’s easy because the ArtScroll has the Hebrew and English side by side.
It’s no surprise that a self hating Jewish rag would accuse students of the Talmud of not knowing Ivrit Chayah.

Last edited:
Yes, I can. According to the Gospels Jesus had no human father. It means that king David is not his ancestor.

Next.
Maternal line in this case is irrelevant. According to the biblical view the rights of royal succession are determined through paternal biological descent.
Verse?
Hmm.. Is there a quote in Tanakh that Jewish kohanim are required to be of direct patrilineal descent from the biblical Aaron?
I think this is a traditional belief that the right of lineal privilege, that is, kingship and priesthood, are exclusively passed on through the male line.
I’m on my phone but Kohanim have always been from the father, not the mother.

Next.
Verse?
It may not be explicit in the Torah thought it’s in the Mishnah.
Psalms 147 / Hebrew Bible in English / Mechon-Mamre
Read the last 2 verses...God purposely omitted some things from the Written Torah because God had no desire for non-Jews to immerse themselves in certain activities.
On the other hand I can’t serve as a Kohan or a Levi.

According to the NT, man has zero free will.
So how did Jesus fail when man has zero free will?
I'm sorry, my friend, the Church never made sense and never will.

Not sure where you came to that conclusion.

The core of Jesus' teaching is Repentance for the Forgiveness of Sin. (Turn away from sin, and turn to obedience to God.) That should make sense to everyone, whether they agree with the teaching or not.

According to the NT, man has zero free will.
So how did Jesus fail when man has zero free will?
I'm sorry, my friend, the Church never made sense and never will.

Not sure where you came to that conclusion.

The core of Jesus' teaching is Repentance for the Forgiveness of Sin. (Turn away from sin, and turn to obedience to God.) That should make sense to everyone, whether they agree with the teaching or not.
Yawn...Study every verse.

I think the Christian Faith helps some people overcome voids in their lives. Which is a good thing. Of course, every religion does that.

It is not so much overcoming voids as having a plan for this life. Jesus taught us to discern the will of God and follow it. Turn from sin. (Love God, love one's fellow man.)

The first thing I was taught was to love God with everything that was me, and to love Him more than anyone else. That is quite a proposition for a young child, and one I'm still trying to fulfill to this day.

You have to read your NT because you didn’t read the many verses that ridicule education and not being subservient to all mankind. Anyone who does not believe in the Calvary and perform acts is a child of Satan. Don’t just read the verses cherry picked by the RCC.

Please don't be silly. Education is not ridiculed. People should be servants of God and help one another.

We are all God's creation, God's children.

You have to read your NT because you didn’t read the many verses that ridicule education and not being subservient to all mankind. Anyone who does not believe in the Calvary and perform acts is a child of Satan. Don’t just read the verses cherry picked by the RCC.

Please don't be silly. Education is not ridiculed. People should be servants of God and help one another.

Thats not what scripture teaches....

Scribes = Educated = Arrogant.
The last thing Paul wanted around was an educated Jew who could call out his bulkshit.
Paul had educated Jews (James for one) who did take steps to make sure Paul was not misunderstood.

Paul had a breakthrough in his thinking. He began focusing more on the grace of God and found that to be equally (if not more) powerful as the law of God.

In the NT education is ridiculed.

Scribes = Educated = Arrogant.
The last thing Paul wanted around was an educated Jew who could call out his bulkshit.
Paul had educated Jews (James for one) who did take steps to make sure Paul was not misunderstood.

Paul had a breakthrough in his thinking. He began focusing more on the grace of God and found that to be equally (if not more) powerful as the law of God.
Name the educated Apostles.

Name the educated Apostles.

It is my understanding that it was common for Jews of that time period to educate their children. Jesus' apostles were Jews, i.e. former Jewish children. Jesus, for example, could both read and write. Why would his fellow compatriots be any different from him or others of that time period? Which Apostles do you believe were uneducated?

Forum List

Back