How is Jesus the Messiah?

very good-----then you already know that the "love the lord..... "is a basic prayer----REPEATED incessantly
BY PHARISEE JOOOS I am sorry that this fact makes you bitter and angry
Not playing.
May God bless you and keep you.

The pharisees believed that the resurrection would be at the end of time when the dead will lioterally come to life.

Jesus taught that the resurrection occurs during a persons life.
The 2nd blessing of the Amidah.
Resurrection is a constant event.
“Your lovingkindness sustains the living, your great mercies give life to the dead.”
Yep! Nothing original in the NT.

Then I suppose you can't continue to claim that its all worthless trash without denouncing your own beliefs ....

what is all worthless trash? Jesus parroting Hillel? THAT stuff is not worthless-----kinda
repetitious but not worthless. Even Benjamin Franklin is not worthless---
Love your neighbor; yet don’t pull down your hedge.
Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead.
but we kinda heard it already

Your friend has dissmissed the entire NT as unintelligible trash on numerous occasions.

The point being that both the Sadducees and the Pharisees, not to mention the doctors, lawyers, and scribes, the experts that disputed with Jesus, held the wrong belief about the resurrection of the dead if what Indeependent believes about the resurrection is true..

Jesus taught exactly what Indeependent already professes to believe making his denunciation of what Jesus taught pretty funny...

Last edited:
The 2nd blessing of the Amidah.
Resurrection is a constant event.
“Your lovingkindness sustains the living, your great mercies give life to the dead.”

Then I suppose you can't continue to claim that its all worthless trash without denouncing your own beliefs ....

what is all worthless trash? Jesus parroting Hillel? THAT stuff is not worthless-----kinda

Your friend has dissmissed the entire NT as unintelligible trash on numerous occasions.

The point being that both the Sadducees and the Pharisees, not to mention the doctors, lawyers, and scribes, the experts that disputed with Jesus, held the wrong belief about the resurrection of the dead if what Independent believes about the resurrection is true..

Jesus taught exactly what Independent already professes to believe making his denunciation of what Jesus taught pretty funny...

good point-------it is very important to READ BETWEEN the lines when reading the NT-----the version
that "PASSED" the Constantine review is INDEED screwed up. Once one corrects for the obvious
screw up-------it is fine. FACT---the SADDUCEES (roman shills) did dispute the concept of resurrection---
but the PHARISEES did not. FACT--Constantine hated the PHARISEES-----they rebelled against Roman
rule. The Jesus you like------was a Pharisee. For complaints----go to CONSTANTINE. For the record---
I attended lots of SUNDAY SCHOOL-------in a protestant church basement ---as a child

The point being that both the Sadducees and the Pharisees, not to mention the doctors, lawyers, and scribes, the experts that disputed with Jesus, held the wrong belief about the resurrection of the dead if what Independent believes about the resurrection is true..

Jesus taught exactly what Independent already professes to believe making his denunciation of what Jesus taught pretty funny...

good point-------it is very important to READ BETWEEN the lines when reading the NT-----the version
that "PASSED" the Constantine review is INDEED screwed up. Once one corrects for the obvious
screw up-------it is fine. FACT---the SADDUCEES (roman shills) did dispute the concept of resurrection---
but the PHARISEES did not. FACT--Constantine hated the PHARISEES-----they rebelled against Roman
rule. The Jesus you like------was a Pharisee. For complaints----go to CONSTANTINE. For the record---
I attended lots of SUNDAY SCHOOL-------in a protestant church basement ---as a child

Jesus was not a pharisee although he was probably raised to be observant. He denounced them as whitewashed tombs. They held irreconcilable beliefs about the resurrection. Thats just one point. Kosher law is another. All of the people who acted on what Jesus taught and enjoyed the benefits were the proof that what Jesus taught was right.

very good-----then you already know that the "love the lord..... "is a basic prayer----REPEATED incessantly
BY PHARISEE JOOOS I am sorry that this fact makes you bitter and angry
Not playing.
May God bless you and keep you.
What if I have a badly deformed leg, is that a blessing from god?
It in no way prevents you or anyone from striving to become a better person who is whole according to a higher set of standards.

Jesus was not a pharisee although he was probably raised to be observant. He denounced them as whitewashed tombs. They held irreconcilable beliefs about the resurrection. Thats just one point. Kosher law is another. All of the people who acted on what Jesus taught and enjoyed the benefits were the proof that what Jesus taught was right.

you are very very confused Try reading the book. You are parroting sunday school and writings by people who never met Jesus that were redacted by Constantine who hated Pharisees. Try to remember---the REAL ISSUE FOR CONSTANTINE WAS ROMAN EMPIRE. I am curious-------what are the Pharisee irreconcilable beliefs about resurrection to which Jesus specifically disputed-----and according to whom?

you are very very confused Try reading the book. You are parroting sunday school and writings by people who never met Jesus that were redacted by Constantine who hated Pharisees. Try to remember---the REAL ISSUE FOR CONSTANTINE WAS ROMAN EMPIRE. I am curious-------what are the Pharisee irreconcilable beliefs about resurrection to which Jesus specifically disputed-----and according to whom?

They believed that the resurrection of the dead would happen in some distant future after everyone living was long dead.

Jesus taught that the resurrection of the dead is an ongoing process that happens during a persons lifetime.

They believed that the resurrection of the dead would happen in some distant future after everyone living was long dead.

Jesus believed that the resurrection of the dead is an ongoing process that happens during a persons lifetime.

actually-----you are babbling, Elements of that mystic stuff were rampant thruout the nation at that time and since. PS----john the Baptist was a Pharisee too.

Jesus believed that the resurrection of the dead is an ongoing process that happens during a persons lifetime.

actually-----you are babbling, Elements of that mystic stuff were rampant thruout the nation at that time and since. PS----john the Baptist was a Pharisee too.

No,the baptist was not a pharisee and no one had ever heard what Jesus taught before, that they were already dead and needed to repent of doing what they were misled to believe was holy for their entire lives, just like Jesus did.

Last edited:
Yes, and I would say the same thing about Christians.
Wont argue there. For instance, you dont even know what an abrahamic religion is lol
That's your opinion. You have yet to prove that Islam is an Abrahamic religion.
omg lol
tell the class what makes an abrahamic religion an abrahamic religion?
There is only one, according to Scripture. The Covenant Abraham made with God. The promise. The Messiah. There was nothing mentioned about Islam and Mohammed. Now you tell the class what makes Islam an Abrahamic religion.
You realize Muhammad was part of that right?

Mohamed's ancestor ( Ishmael ) was born because Abraham had lost faith. Just like many are today. People are always and forever trying to prove Jesus is not the Messiah. Faith is the evidence of things unseen.. It is revealed by the Holy Spirit. It is the only way to know for sure .If you cannot hear..........

Genesis 17:20 - And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

Genesis 16:12 - And he will be a wild man; his hand [will be] against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

Genesis 28:9 - Then went Esau unto Ishmael, and took unto the wives which he had Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael Abraham's son, the sister of Nebajoth, to be his wife.

Genesis 16:11-12 - And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou [art] with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.

John the Baptist was not a Pharisee. That was Paul

No,the baptist was not a pharisee and no one had ever heard what Jesus taught before, that they were already dead and needed to repent of doing what they were misled to believe was holy for their entire lives, just like Jesus did.

sheeeesh-----quite a weird interpretation------John was baptizing dead people

John the Baptist was not a Pharisee. That was Paul

wrong----Paul was a ROMAN SHILL-----he may (or may not) have been brought up as
a Pharisee son of greek converts-------which is his claim as recorded in the NT. The religion he
elaborates is HELLENISTIC and an acquiescence to ROMAN TASTES. He was not unique in
his desire to SPREAD THE FAITH by accommodating it to roman culture. John did not get along with
Herod's and Herod's family which is why he lost his head. Herod was also a shill for Rome and----
according to Pharisees-----NOT ELIGIBLE to be king based on the fact that he was an EDOMITE.
John----as far as NT scholars claim-----was from those groups of PHARISEES that fled to the wilderness
to get away from ROMAN INFLUENCE AND OPPRESSION

sheeeesh-----quite a weird interpretation------John was baptizing dead people

Yes, as a token of repentance for the forgiveness of sins, the consequences of which are death.

The heavens "opened up" to Jesus after he was baptized and was without sin only after he stopped sinning.

"I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,"

John the baptist was most likely influenced by the Essenes who believed that temple worship itself was corrupt and that diligently following the law in the wrong way was just as sinful and bore the same consequence as deliberately setting aside the teaching of the law, a curse - THE DEATH.

If I gave you instructions to do something with the promise of compensation, eternal life, and then you go off and do something else, you are not going to get paid.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back