How is Jesus the Messiah?

Name the educated Apostles.

It is my understanding that it was common for Jews of that time period to educate their children. Jesus' apostles were Jews, i.e. former Jewish children. Jesus, for example, could both read and write. Why would his fellow compatriots be any different from him or others of that time period? Which Apostles do you believe were uneducated?
Not every Jew went to college.
The Apostles, as you are fully aware of, were uneducated fishermen and tax collectors.

I remember it was the episode where 2 of the Apostles entered the Temple courtyard and started preaching to the Kohanim that knowledge is arrogance.

I'm sorry, it is just not there. I've read through Acts, I've done searches, etc. At one point Peter said they had Jesus crucified through ignorance. Could that be what you recall?

It is my understanding that it was common for Jews of that time period to educate their children. Jesus' apostles were Jews, i.e. former Jewish children. Jesus, for example, could both read and write. Why would his fellow compatriots be any different from him or others of that time period? Which Apostles do you believe were uneducated?
The Apostles, as you are fully aware of, were uneducated fishermen and tax collectors.
I remember in Acts the temple guards were annoyed because paul and john were teaching the people there and they werent supposed to. Teaching about resurrection and they didnt believe in that. Chapter 3 or 4, i think

from where do you get the idea that the "friends" of Jesus were "rag tag peasants"? his mother?
his father? can you name a few of these brutes? John the Baptist? Handwashing before
eating was not an exclusive habit of the aristocracy. Poor illiterate people did it. It was and IS
an ingrained social custom------still is. The jews from the most backward countries do it-----even the
Kurdish jews. Children grow up with it. My illiterate grandfather did it. (I am not sure what the literate
one did------he was from England) It is obvious to me from reading the NT that Jesus----son of a
Carpenter ------was EDUCATED-------who was the foul mouthed peasant?

The religious authorities that disputed with Jesus were highly respected and admired by the people for their apparent dedication to a holy life.

Jesus walking around the Temple calling priests, doctors, lawyers, and scribes degenerate actors and lying frauds, was like someone walking around vatican city calling Mother Teresa a whore.

Try again------the priests of the temple were ROMAN APPOINTEES-------shills. ---largely
SADDUCEES ----disdained to the point of violence by the Pharisees. doctors? lawyers?
King Herod the edomite was also not a public darling. You need some history. When was Jesus
walking around the Temple? It was probably a place he needed to AVOID. I read the NT---I do
not remember him STROLLING around the Temple
I recall Jesus making a whip and beating the business men in the temple and driving them and their animals out of the temple.

right-----the most compelling evidence that he was a Pharisee. The Pharisees HATED the business
activities that went on in the Temple Courtyard--------it was a ROMAN FAVE------considered a corruption
of Roman occupation for several reasons
Jesus tore into the Pharisees often. He was called "Rabbi", but nothing in the Scripture states anyone called him a Pharisee.

no need. He conducted himself like a Pharisee and HIS FRIENDS were Pharisees and every word attributed t him in a credible manner was PHARISEE-------you just do not know-----your sunday school teacher deceived
you. No one touched him? they crucified him when they had the opportunity to arrest him? Remember?
Caiaphas THE SADDUCEE betrayed him (blaming some stooge named Judas). He had been on the run

I remember in Acts the temple guards were annoyed because paul and john were teaching the people there and they werent supposed to. Teaching about resurrection and they didnt believe in that. Chapter 3 or 4, i think

the temple was run by SADDUCEES ------the ROMAN SHILLS. The SADDUCEES rejected the idea
of resurrection-----not the Pharisees Ya gotta know this stuff in order to understand the story

I think the Christian Faith helps some people overcome voids in their lives. Which is a good thing. Of course, every religion does that.

It is not so much overcoming voids as having a plan for this life. Jesus taught us to discern the will of God and follow it. Turn from sin. (Love God, love one's fellow man.)

The first thing I was taught was to love God with everything that was me, and to love Him more than anyone else. That is quite a proposition for a young child, and one I'm still trying to fulfill to this day.

PHARISEE-------Pharisee's say those lines every day for life. He was repeating the basic prayer
----gee----you never even glanced into a jewish prayer book? Is it on the "no-no" list?

I think you got it.
There is a rather nasty exchange.
In reality, the Priests would have them executed.

the temple was run by SADDUCEES ------the ROMAN SHILLS. The SADDUCEES rejected the idea
of resurrection-----not the Pharisees Ya gotta know this stuff in order to understand the story
The pharisees believed that the resurrection would be at the end of time when the dead will literally come to life.

Jesus taught that the resurrection occurs during a persons life....

The pharisees believed that the resurrection would be at the end of time when the dead will lioterally come to life.

Jesus taught that the resurrection occurs during a persons life.
The 2nd blessing of the Amidah.
Resurrection is a constant event.

The pharisees believed that the resurrection would be at the end of time when the dead will lioterally come to life.

(psssst "amidah" is not English------do not play with the minds of the gentiles......)

(psssst "amidah" is not English------do not play with the minds of the gentiles......)
Shemoneh Esrei! (Even more confusing!)

“Your lovingkindness sustains the living, your great mercies give life to the dead.”

“Your lovingkindness sustains the living, your great mercies give life to the dead.”
Yep! Nothing original in the NT.

stop rubbing it in......

Then I suppose you can't continue to claim that its all worthless trash without denouncing your own beliefs ....

Then I suppose you can't continue to claim that its all worthless trash without denouncing your own beliefs ....

what is all worthless trash? Jesus parroting Hillel? THAT stuff is not worthless-----kinda
repetitious but not worthless. Even Benjamin Franklin is not worthless---
Love your neighbor; yet don’t pull down your hedge.
Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead.
but we kinda heard it already

PHARISEE-------Pharisee's say those lines every day for life. He was repeating the basic prayer
----gee----you never even glanced into a jewish prayer book? Is it on the "no-no" list?

1. Went to a Catholic School where Jewish Rabbis were invited to share their faith.
2. Continued to study Judaism as an adult.
3. Yes, I do go to a Synagogue every so often and am familiar with Jewish prayer books.
4. All this while remaining a faithful Catholic.

Keep in mind (so as not to waste your time), I tend to avoid angry/bitter people and angry/bitter posts.

1. Went to a Catholic School where Jewish Rabbis were invited to share their faith.
2. Continued to study Judaism as an adult.
3. Yes, I do go to a Synagogue every so often and am familiar with Jewish prayer books.
4. All this while remaining a faithful Catholic.

Keep in mind (so as not to waste your time), I tend to avoid angry/bitter people and angry/bitter posts.

very good-----then you already know that the "love the lord..... "is a basic prayer----REPEATED incessantly
BY PHARISEE JOOOS I am sorry that this fact makes you bitter and angry

Forum List

Back