How is Jesus the Messiah?

I remember it very well------which is why I do not believe it. According to the writings in the
NT------the followers of Jesus made a POINT of not washing their hands before eating
IN ORDER TO DEMONSTRATE the point that all restrictions on that which a person eats
are worthless. The idea is consistent TOO MUCH with the popular roman orgy. At the time,
ROME was obsessed with unbridled gluttony. IT IS FAR TOO CONTRIVED to be credible.
From where do you get the "dispute Jesus had with the establishment regarding divine law"??
To what establishment do you refer?
His friends were common working class unrefined people. They were just being themselves, not deliberately provoking a dispute. The Pharisee objected to their low class habits because they thought that they were so pure.

Thats when Jesus revealed that the subject of what defiles a person is what comes out of the mouth, the produce of the mind, which is a direct reference to kosher law.

Must have been very embarrassing to be bested by a foul mouthed wise guy and his rag tag group of peasants...

from where do you get the idea that the "friends" of Jesus were "rag tag peasants"? his mother?
his father? can you name a few of these brutes? John the Baptist? Handwashing before
eating was not an exclusive habit of the aristocracy. Poor illiterate people did it. It was and IS
an ingrained social custom------still is. The jews from the most backward countries do it-----even the
Kurdish jews. Children grow up with it. My illiterate grandfather did it. (I am not sure what the literate
one did------he was from England) It is obvious to me from reading the NT that Jesus----son of a
Carpenter ------was EDUCATED-------who was the foul mouthed peasant?
The Apostles were uneducated Tax Collectors and fishermen.
Yes, and Jesus was a convicted criminal put to death by the super power of the day. And yet his 3 1/2 year ministry made a profound impact on the course of mankind which has lasted 2000 years.

so? do did Karl Marx
Except in the case of Christianity it was a force for good.

Maternal line in this case is irrelevant. According to the biblical view the rights of royal succession are determined through paternal biological descent.
Verse?
Hmm.. Is there a quote in Tanakh that Jewish kohanim are required to be of direct patrilineal descent from the biblical Aaron?
I think this is a traditional belief that the right of lineal privilege, that is, kingship and priesthood, are exclusively passed on through the male line.
I’m on my phone but Kohanim have always been from the father, not the mother.
And prophecies don't go unfulfilled for 2400 years.

why not?
Is that what David thought? That it was going to be 2400 years and still counting?

Let me put it this way.

If Jesus is the messiah that the prophets spoke of, then there would never be anyone else named as the one. Which is exactly where we are today.

Still waiting for the OP to provide the prophecies he does not believe were fulfilled by Jesus.

Should have been provided in the OP.

Hmm.. Is there a quote in Tanakh that Jewish kohanim are required to be of direct patrilineal descent from the biblical Aaron?
I think this is a traditional belief that the right of lineal privilege, that is, kingship and priesthood, are exclusively passed on through the male line.

why not?
Is that what David thought? That it was going to be 2400 years and still counting?

what did David have to do with it?. The issue of Kohanim comes from the book of the Tanach called
yetziat metzraim

Let me put it this way.

If Jesus is the messiah that the prophets spoke of, then there would never be anyone else named as the one. Which is exactly where we are today.

nope Lots of people have been considered putative messiahs

Let me put it this way.

Some people claim that Mohammed was the last and greatest prophet which implies that they believe that Mohammed was both the fulfillment of the second coming of Jesus ( the first and the last) and Jewish messianic expectations..

why not?

what did David have to do with it?. The issue of Kohanim comes from the book of the Tanach called
yetziat metzraim
Maybe I am confused. I thought Jews believed the prophecies were about the return of King David.

I don't have to read anything. I have a personal relationship with my Creator.

You don't have to read anything? lol....

When the living God appears to someone there is nothing subtle about his appearance and nothing vague about the message he gives them to share with people, according to scripture.. You probably should have read that....

When in your entire life has God ever appeared to you in any fashion? Were any prophetic dreams, visions, revelations, ever delivered to you personally?

Since you are such buddies, what did the living God ever specifically tell you to tell people?

When the living God appears to someone there is nothing subtle about his appearance and nothing vague about the message he gives them to share with people, according to scripture.. You probably should have read that....

When in your entire life has God ever appeared to you in any fashion? Were any prophetic dreams, visions, revelations, ever delivered to you personally?

Since you are such buddies, what did the living God ever specifically tell you to tell people?
When ever I listen for him.

why not?

yetziat metzraim
Maybe I am confused. I thought Jews believed the prophecies were about the return of King David.

you are beyond confused-----you are hopeless.. I am no scholar-----did not even attend "Hebrew school"
as a child. In fact I did attend a few dozen sessions of "sunday school" with a protestant neighbor----but I will
do the best I can FOR YOU. Long ago----the man called JACOB---who was the grandson of ABRAHAM
Ithe guy from Mesopotamia who took a walk and landed in Beersheba, via ISAAC---the kid who survived
the SACRIFICE incident, also took a walk and ended up in a place near Jerusalem. He had a dream
involving a ladder -----he climbed the ladder ended up in "HEAVEN"-----then the angel Gabriel came
along and knocked him off the ladder during a little altercation. Jacob landed, injured his leg and
got his name changed to ISRAEL. Israel had 12 sons. Taking a cue from his grandfather, Abraham----
he CHOSE his heir. It was not REUBEN his first born-----it was JUDAH---another kid. JUDAH was
designated as head of the ROYAL LINE--------fast forward a few centuries------DAVID IS BORN IN
BETHLEHEM-------he becomes the King of the descendants of Israel (Jacob) David is, of course,
descended from JUDAH. Got it now? BTW---Bethlehem is in the land designated as the permanent
property of the TRIBE OF JUDAH.........that's why Jesus had to be born there when the people who wrote
the New Testament---wrote it. Moses was descended from LEVI-------a person who is LEVI is not the
King------it's gotta be a JUDAH person. Moses descendants are Levites. Aahron is also a LEVITE----
but very special ------his descendants are PRIESTS (cohanim). Neither Levites nor Cohanim get
to be king. The fact that heirs were chosen is very important-----it is a BREAK from Babylon. The
operative word in all of the book of "Genesis" is CHOOSE. Seems logical to me that eventually---
someone unrelated COULD BE CHOSEN (not muhummad)

why not?

yetziat metzraim

you are beyond confused-----you are hopeless.. I am no scholar-----did not even attend "Hebrew school"
as a child. In fact I did attend a few dozen sessions of "sunday school" with a protestant neighbor----but I will
do the best I can FOR YOU. Long ago----the man called JACOB---who was the grandson of ABRAHAM
Ithe guy from Mesopotamia who took a walk and landed in Beersheba, via ISAAC---the kid who survived
the SACRIFICE incident, also took a walk and ended up in a place near Jerusalem. He had a dream
involving a ladder -----he climbed the ladder ended up in "HEAVEN"-----then the angel Gabriel came
along and knocked him off the ladder during a little altercation. Jacob landed, injured his leg and
got his name changed to ISRAEL. Israel had 12 sons. Taking a cue from his grandfather, Abraham----
he CHOSE his heir. It was not REUBEN his first born-----it was JUDAH---another kid. JUDAH was
designated as head of the ROYAL LINE--------fast forward a few centuries------DAVID IS BORN IN
BETHLEHEM-------he becomes the King of the descendants of Israel (Jacob) David is, of course,
descended from JUDAH. Got it now? BTW---Bethlehem is in the land designated as the permanent
property of the TRIBE OF JUDAH.........that's why Jesus had to be born there when the people who wrote
the New Testament---wrote it. Moses was descended from LEVI-------a person who is LEVI is not the
King------it's gotta be a JUDAH person. Moses descendants are Levites. Aahron is also a LEVITE----
but very special ------his descendants are PRIESTS (cohanim). Neither Levites nor Cohanim get
to be king. The fact that heirs were chosen is very important-----it is a BREAK from Babylon. The
operative word in all of the book of "Genesis" is CHOOSE. Seems logical to me that eventually---
So the Jews don't believe that the Messiah will be like King David?

yetziat metzraim

both of the tribe of JUDAH-------most people believe that King David had red hair!!!!!!.
I doubt that anyone wants "THE MESSIAH" to sling pebbles Play the harp? -----
the instrument King David played was called KINOR----which actually means a stringed
instrument. Maybe the messiah will play the violin like Isaac Stern

Have you ever done anything to verify whether what you hear when you listen for God isn't a figment of your unrestrained imagination especially since scripture clearly teaches that God never was and never will become a human being?

When you listen for God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit, whatever, and you hear something in response what do you hear?

yetziat metzraim

both of the tribe of JUDAH-------most people believe that King David had red hair!!!!!!.
the instrument King David played was called KINOR----which actually means a stringed
The Lord made several promises to David (through the prophet Nathan). Some of these promises include: David’s name would be made great, Israel would have a permanent home, the Messiah would come from David’s seed, and that his throne and kingdom would eventually be established forever.

Right?

Have you ever done anything to verify whether what you hear when you listen for God isn't a figment of your unrestrained imagination especially since scripture clearly teaches that God never was and never will become a human being?

When you listen for God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit, whatever, and you hear something in response what do you hear?
Why would I discuss this with you?

yetziat metzraim

The Lord made several promises to David (through the prophet Nathan). Some of these promises include: David’s name would be made great, Israel would have a permanent home, the Messiah would come from David’s seed, and that his throne and kingdom would eventually be established forever.

Right?

sorta-----Nathan ALSO said -----"Davey----you're screwed......your children will turn against you
and your life will be miserable because DID "IT" to Bathsheba" <<<<< that prophecy panned
out

Forum List

Back