How is Jesus the Messiah?

Cherry picking is here in this thread. So is denial.
Adding stories like the rapture.

Rapture is a great example of people not understanding what was said/meant.

As for what is happening in this thread...people are kind of talking past each other. The two sides can exist harmoniously if they would listen to what the other side is saying.

I'm trying to work through the OP in a logical and systematic fashion.

Right now I have identified that:

The Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.
The Messiah would be born of a virgin.
The Messiah would come from the line of Abraham.
The Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac.
The Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob.
The Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah.
The Messiah would be heir to King David's throne.
The Messiah's throne will be anointed and eternal.
The Messiah would be called Immanuel.
A messenger would prepare the way for Messiah.
The Messiah would be rejected by his own people.
The Messiah would be a prophet.
The Messiah would be preceded by Elijah.
The Messiah would be called a Nazarene.
The Messiah would be a great light and illuminate.
The Messiah would speak in parables.

The Messiah would be sent to heal the brokenhearted.

Isaiah 61:1-2
1 The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to bring good tidings unto the humble; He hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the eyes to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the year of the LORD'S good pleasure, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Isaiah 61 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

cherry picking the generalities that fit and the ones written post-hoc is the same type of poor reasoning skill that leads one to become a sycophant follower of the bible

The Messiah would be betrayed.

Psalm 41:9
9 'An evil thing cleaveth fast unto him; and now that he lieth, he shall rise up no more.'

Psalms 41 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Zechariah 11:12-13
12 And I said unto them: 'If ye think good, give me my hire; and if not, forbear.' So they weighed for my hire thirty pieces of silver.
13 And the LORD said unto me: 'Cast it into the treasury, the goodly price that I was prized at of them.' And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them into the treasury, in the house of the LORD.

Zechariah 11 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Last edited:
cherry picking the generalities that fit and the ones written post-hoc is the same type of poor reasoning skill that leads one to become a sycophant follower of the bible
See post # 722

You think the Jews didn't believe these things about their Messiah?

See post # 722

You think the Jews didn't believe these things about their Messiah?
Eagles or Patriots, dingerred?

The Messiah would be crucified with criminals.

Isaiah 53:12
12 Therefore will I divide him a portion among the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the mighty; because he bared his soul unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Isaiah 53 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Yout verses don’t mean in context what you think they mean.
I have not even began that part.

I've been too busy fighting alligators to be able to drain the swamp.

God loves logic. He loves it when we solve problems in a logical systematic process.

TN's OP was never intended to serve God's good.

If someone truly wanted to understand the question, he starts with a systematic examination of scripture which identifies the attributes of the Messiah. This is what I started to do last night that caused today's shit storm.
Nonsense...your lack of context is embarrassing.
So you deny the attributes listed in scripture for the Messiah?
I deny that Yeshua fulfilled any of them.
I didn't ask that?

Are you denying scripture?
I don’t edit out 9 verses to deceive myself that the 10th refers to Jesus.

I have not even began that part.

I've been too busy fighting alligators to be able to drain the swamp.

God loves logic. He loves it when we solve problems in a logical systematic process.

TN's OP was never intended to serve God's good.

If someone truly wanted to understand the question, he starts with a systematic examination of scripture which identifies the attributes of the Messiah. This is what I started to do last night that caused today's shit storm.
Nonsense...your lack of context is embarrassing.
So you deny the attributes listed in scripture for the Messiah?
I deny that Yeshua fulfilled any of them.
I didn't ask that?

Are you denying scripture?
I don’t edit out 9 verses to deceive myself that the 10th refers to Jesus.
It appears that you can't even agree that there are Jewish prophecies about the Messiah.

Maybe you could tell me the verses.

The Messiah's hands and feet would be pierced.

Psalm 22:17
17 For dogs have encompassed me; a company of evil-doers have inclosed me; like a lion, they are at my hands and my feet.

Psalms 22 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Zechariah 12:10
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplication; and they shall look unto Me because they have thrust him through; and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first-born.

Zechariah 12 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Forum List

Back