How is this any Different Than Donald Sterling

Look at the facts a little more closely, Flanders. The gripe was that this **** was parading around in public with ONLY "black" men, which was resulting in several friends of Sterling's calling him to bust his balls. And keep in mind, the Black men she was bringing to BBall games were ON HIS DIME. SHE sure as hell wasn't paying for the tickets. He didn't care that she was associating with them, only that her public displays of black-only affinity were becoming an embarrassment to him.

Its interesting to see people whining about Sterling getting busted expressing his racism. He is free to do this but he is not free from the consequences of his actions. I was taught that as a child. What happened to the whiners on this thread that don't seem to be able to comprehend this one simple fact of life? For every action there is a consequence.

Knicks great calls for all-black league amid Clippers race fiasco | New York Post

Larry Johnson calls for an all black league with only black owners and players!!! Hope you only want black fans also!

What he said is FAR worse that what Sterling stated. Sterling wasn't denying anyone a job? I mean he employed Donald Sterling for so long, even though Sterling consistently produced the worst team in the league.

Where is the calls for boycotts of the Knicks? Where is the media calling for LJ to be fired?

Fucking hypocrisy of liberalism!

I think what Johnson said sounds silly, but I don't think it is as bad as Sterling's comments. That may simply be because Sterling said a lot more, because he was off the cuff, who knows. But saying blacks should make their own league in response to Sterling's comments is not as morally repugnant to me as telling your girlfriend you don't want her to be seen publicly with blacks.

I wouldn't be opposed to the league telling Johnson he should tone down his public comments, though. That would seem to be in line with their desire to keep a 'clean' image.

Knicks great calls for all-black league amid Clippers race fiasco | New York Post

Larry Johnson calls for an all black league with only black owners and players!!! Hope you only want black fans also!

What he said is FAR worse that what Sterling stated. Sterling wasn't denying anyone a job? I mean he employed Donald Sterling for so long, even though Sterling consistently produced the worst team in the league.

Where is the calls for boycotts of the Knicks? Where is the media calling for LJ to be fired?

I think what Johnson said sounds silly, but I don't think it is as bad as Sterling's comments. That may simply be because Sterling said a lot more, because he was off the cuff, who knows. But saying blacks should make their own league in response to Sterling's comments is not as morally repugnant to me as telling your girlfriend you don't want her to be seen publicly with blacks.

I wouldn't be opposed to the league telling Johnson he should tone down his public comments, though. That would seem to be in line with their desire to keep a 'clean' image.

What is silly about Johnsons comments? He is absolutely right. There is no reason to not form a league with Black owners because Black people are the product. Ownership is not racist. I dont see how its racist to own something.

What is silly about Johnsons comments? He is absolutely right. There is no reason to not form a league with Black owners because Black people are the product. Ownership is not racist. I dont see how its racist to own something.

What is silly is he is calling for basically a racially segregated league. His twitter post, per the article, was, "Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!" He seems to be calling for not only black ownership, but an all-black league.

Even if he just wants a league with all black ownership, I'm opposed. I don't think an all black owned sports league is superior to an all white owned league, or all any other race. I think that calling for racial segregation is wrong no matter who is saying it. Focusing on or promoting differences between races is, IMO, a big part of the problem with race relations. We are far, far more similar than we are different.

I don't know if Johnson is racist or not. He doesn't need to be for his comments to be silly.

What is silly is he is calling for basically a racially segregated league. His twitter post, per the article, was, "Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!" He seems to be calling for not only black ownership, but an all-black league.

Even if he just wants a league with all black ownership, I'm opposed. I don't think an all black owned sports league is superior to an all white owned league, or all any other race. I think that calling for racial segregation is wrong no matter who is saying it. Focusing on or promoting differences between races is, IMO, a big part of the problem with race relations. We are far, far more similar than we are different.

I don't know if Johnson is racist or not. He doesn't need to be for his comments to be silly.

No he is not calling for a racially segregated league. He is calling for Black people to take ownership of their product like any other business entity does. You being opposed to that is not relevant. If that is what he wants to do what law is there against doing that and why is that racial segregation? Up until Michael Jordan owned a team all the owners were white. I dont recalll you starting a thread about how racist that was.

Forum List

Back