How is this legal? Reporters invade apartment of suspects.

Watch the vid. Look at the pics. Notice the heating grate in the wall? It has not been unscrewed. Stuff laying on the bed..the Koran, letters some reporter was reading, rifling thru drawers and boxes.....LE does NOT allow reporters into a crime scene like that. What if there were weapons or even a bomb inside that grate? THEY WERE NOT DONE IN THAT APARTMENT! Yet the landlord let them in???

What's the big deal? And who says they weren't done in the apartment.

I just heard that the fbi said they didn't object to it and they were also finished with it.

Watch the vid. Look at the pics. Notice the heating grate in the wall? It has not been unscrewed. Stuff laying on the bed..the Koran, letters some reporter was reading, rifling thru drawers and boxes.....LE does NOT allow reporters into a crime scene like that. What if there were weapons or even a bomb inside that grate? THEY WERE NOT DONE IN THAT APARTMENT! Yet the landlord let them in???

What's the big deal? And who says they weren't done in the apartment.
Did you bother to read the link? The LE said they were not done. The feds said they were. Who knows? Point is (that folks keep ignoring) is the LANDLORD did not follow california law PROCEDURE on property left INSIDE the property.

I just heard that the fbi said they didn't object to it and they were also finished with it.
The FBI fucked up then, because there were shitloads of stuff they didn't bother to check thoroughly.
And it STILL does not dismiss the LAWS concerning private property via california law on abandoned goods for whatever reason and with family still having RIGHTS to that property.

Well, what else is new?
The FBI fucked up then, because there were shitloads of stuff they didn't bother to check thoroughly.
And it STILL does not dismiss the LAWS concerning private property via california law on abandoned goods for whatever reason and with family still having RIGHTS to that property.

Yes the press are assholes.

However.

It's a crime scene, and the minute your apartment becomes a crime scene because your son and daughter in law were building bombs there, entertaining Isis members there, and planning a deadly terrorist attack there, that's the minute you no longer have a *right* to the contents of your humble abode.

Mom knew that the kids were making bombs. Nobody is that stupid.
That's not the point. LE hasn't even finished with the SUV, and "cleared" the home for REPORTERS? I don't think so.
Except you keep saying the family should sue, and that's their personal stuff blah blah blah.

The fbi should PROSECUTE the reporters and possibly the landlord. But all this nonsense about how the family has a right to their stuff is nonsense.
Yes, the BABY'S rights were violated because the stuff her parents owned NOT affiliated with terrorism is HERS. Whomever stands in for the babies rights SHOULD sue. And I hope they do.
Other than that, I agree with you about the FBI prosecuting the reporters as well as the landlord. Even if he did not let them in as he claims, he did not take the necessary precautions to protect the belongings of someone else. Much as it sucks....landlords HAVE to do that, even to people kicked out of property due to not paying rent, etc. There are procedures that must be followed. He didn't.

No, the baby's rights have not been violated, what poppycock, lol.

When your property is seized during a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION, you have no *rights* to it anymore, lol. It is no longer yours, it belongs to the state. You may or may not get it back, but you certainly don't have a *right* to it, nor do you have any say over who gets to look at it.

http://works.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1007&context=stefan_cassella
Forfeiture of Terrorist Assets Under the USA Patriot Act ...

works.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1007&context=stefan...

... or their property, the Government can seize and ... Seized property may be ... with the proceeds of a crime that has already been committed.

From the moment this went down something doesnt smell right about this. I'm listening and reading about this and a lot of things dont match up. Their neighbor says there is nothing about them that was weird or abnormal even in retrospect.

LEO released the apartment to the owner, and the owner opened access to reporters.

It's legal. Get over it.

News stations rummaged through the San Bernardino shooters' apartment on live TV

The family owns that stuff. The child left behind owns that stuff. How can LE say its all cleared up and they are done when they are not even done with evidence in the SUV much less their home? Reporters say the landlord let them in. The landlord said he did not let them in..they RUSHED past him. I believe the reporters, much as I hate to say it. The landlord knows he broke the law even if LE was "done" going thru evidence, IF they even said such a thing. If someone dies or is arrested, reporters can't just barge in their home.

The landlord of the apartment in which the San Bernardino shooters reportedly lived has apparently invited television-news stations into the couple's apartment.

MSNBC and CNN aired the footage live as they searched the apartment where Syed Rizwan Farook, a 28-year-old US citizen, and Tashfeen Malik, his 27-year-old wife, had lived.

WTF???
It's not legal. The reporters have no right.

From the moment this went down something doesnt smell right about this. I'm listening and reading about this and a lot of things dont match up. Their neighbor says there is nothing about them that was weird or abnormal even in retrospect.
Oh great, it's a great conspiracy against poor downtrodden Isis killers.

Give me a fucking break.

And why would they be "weird"? They're ordinary every day muslim terrorists. We've mainstreamed them to the point where they ARE considered normal. They aren't mentally ill, they're just your typical professional muslim terrorists. Garden variety.

Expect them in your neighborhood soon.

Which neighbor?
Neighbors in Redlands were shocked that the suspects had ties to their area.

“I was in awe that it was happening four houses down from my property,” one neighbor said.

A man who has been working in the area said he noticed a half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area in recent weeks, but decided not to report anything since he did not wish to racially profile those people.

“We sat around lunch thinking, ‘What were they doing around the neighborhood?'” he said.

And-
Several of Syed Farook's neighbors told ABC News they noticed "suspicious activity" at the home of the San Bernardino shooter, as well as his mother's home at another location. No reports were made, however, for fear of being accused of racial profiling.

The alternative is that the FBI already knew about this couple and had been observing the apartment, so all they really needed was to grab the hard drives... Takes about 5mins to pull a HD out of a PC, and that's taking your time. And the weaponry, figure maybe an hour for that.

People, once again: does not matter if the neighbors are crazy evangelicals or weird black protestants or Muslims who act strangely.

If you see suspicious activities, call the police.

News stations rummaged through the San Bernardino shooters' apartment on live TV

The family owns that stuff. The child left behind owns that stuff. How can LE say its all cleared up and they are done when they are not even done with evidence in the SUV much less their home? Reporters say the landlord let them in. The landlord said he did not let them in..they RUSHED past him. I believe the reporters, much as I hate to say it. The landlord knows he broke the law even if LE was "done" going thru evidence, IF they even said such a thing. If someone dies or is arrested, reporters can't just barge in their home.

The landlord of the apartment in which the San Bernardino shooters reportedly lived has apparently invited television-news stations into the couple's apartment.

MSNBC and CNN aired the footage live as they searched the apartment where Syed Rizwan Farook, a 28-year-old US citizen, and Tashfeen Malik, his 27-year-old wife, had lived.

WTF???

I can't imagine it is legal.

From what I heard the Landlord opened the door with a crowbar.

I won't be surprised if he was paid off.

The fbi said they did not object to it.

WTF???
It's not legal. The reporters have no right.

I don't think a landlord has the legal right to break into a tenant's home, unless they are x days late on their rent or something like that - different in every state as I recall.

I don't think a landlord has the legal right to break into a tenant's home, unless they are x days late on their rent or something like that - different in every state as I recall.
I think their landlord/tenant contract was probably broken by the fact that they were BUILDING BOMBS IN THEIR APARTMENT.

Yes the press are assholes.

However.

It's a crime scene, and the minute your apartment becomes a crime scene because your son and daughter in law were building bombs there, entertaining Isis members there, and planning a deadly terrorist attack there, that's the minute you no longer have a *right* to the contents of your humble abode.

Mom knew that the kids were making bombs. Nobody is that stupid.
That's not the point. LE hasn't even finished with the SUV, and "cleared" the home for REPORTERS? I don't think so.
Except you keep saying the family should sue, and that's their personal stuff blah blah blah.

The fbi should PROSECUTE the reporters and possibly the landlord. But all this nonsense about how the family has a right to their stuff is nonsense.
Yes, the BABY'S rights were violated because the stuff her parents owned NOT affiliated with terrorism is HERS. Whomever stands in for the babies rights SHOULD sue. And I hope they do.
Other than that, I agree with you about the FBI prosecuting the reporters as well as the landlord. Even if he did not let them in as he claims, he did not take the necessary precautions to protect the belongings of someone else. Much as it sucks....landlords HAVE to do that, even to people kicked out of property due to not paying rent, etc. There are procedures that must be followed. He didn't.

The landlords obligations may include securing property under certain circumstances. Public displays? I doubt there's anything in the rules about that.

Forum List

Back