How is this the "Largest tax cut in American history"?

I hear this phrase used to describe the new tax plan but I don't understand how the numbers add up. Wasn't the high end tax rate during JFK near 90% and during Reagan 70%? Can somebody explain how this plan is the largest in American history?
Only a moronic leftard asshole thinks there were not huge deductions available then.

Congrats, moronic leftard asshole.
Did I say that dumbass? No. I asked a simple question. You obviously can't answer. Thanks for playing
Brainless twit, taxes are based upon how much a person pays in taxes.
I know it's a difficult concept for you leftards to grasp, just nod in a agreement like you have an IQ over 80 and walk away.

Taxes are based upon how much a person pays in taxes? Profound.

It is the largest in terms of raw $$$$

Inflation adjusted.....not so much.

I hear this phrase used to describe the new tax plan but I don't understand how the numbers add up. Wasn't the high end tax rate during JFK near 90% and during Reagan 70%? Can somebody explain how this plan is the largest in American history?
Only a moronic leftard asshole thinks there were not huge deductions available then.

Did I say that dumbass? No. I asked a simple question. You obviously can't answer. Thanks for playing

Look these dupes follow the leader, if trumptard says it's the biggest tax cut in history it is to them. Let them be they are the low iq crowd.

It's not.

This tax bill will bring $128 billion more tax money to be collected than they would otherwise have over the next decade, and $500 billion more in the subsequent decade, according to the Tax Policy Center

They adopted chained CPI into the bill.

I believe the chained CPI will limit future social security increases for the ones drawing.

It's not.

This tax bill will bring $128 billion more tax money to be collected than they would otherwise have over the next decade, and $500 billion more in the subsequent decade, according to the Tax Policy Center

They adopted chained CPI into the bill.

I believe the chained CPI will limit future social security increases for the ones drawing.

Yeah. That, too. Stealth benefit cut.

Here's a read explaining how they're doing it - The chained CPI: Another secret tax hike for the middle class slipped into the GOP tax bills

There's other reads elsewhere. Just search for GOP tax bill chained CPI

Inflation adjusted offers proper context.
Would just comparing the % cuts do it? It doesn't make sense that they would do it based on raw dollars. They would then have to apply that standards to spending and deficits... They wouldn't be dumb enough to set themselves up like that would they?

I know it's a difficult concept for you leftards to grasp, just nod in a agreement like you have an IQ over 80 and walk away.
Well then explain it to me smart guy. Lets go with Reagan, show his tax cuts next to Trumps and show me how Trumps is bigger. Should be easy for an intelligent fellow like yourself. Lets see the numbers
According to leftard Newsweek, todays tax cuts will total $6 TRILLION.

Well then explain it to me smart guy. Lets go with Reagan, show his tax cuts next to Trumps and show me how Trumps is bigger. Should be easy for an intelligent fellow like yourself. Lets see the numbers
So is that your explanation? You are comparing the dollars saved versus the other tax cuts in American history? Do you think that is a valid method, not factoring in inflation, to use to describe the cut?

Would just comparing the % cuts do it? It doesn't make sense that they would do it based on raw dollars. They would then have to apply that standards to spending and deficits... They wouldn't be dumb enough to set themselves up like that would they?

I don't know, for example a 5% cut to a 60% tax rate is a lot more than say a 7% cut to 39% (numbers are examples only).

So, I think you would need to look at actual dollars and of course adjusted for inflation...right?

So is that your explanation? You are comparing the dollars saved versus the other tax cuts in American history? Do you think that is a valid method to use to describe the cut?
$6 Trillion in the pockets of Americans versus Big Brother.
I call that winning.

I don't know, for example a 5% cut to a 60% tax rate is a lot more than say a 7% cut to 39% (numbers are examples only).

So, I think you would need to look at actual dollars and of course adjusted for inflation...right?
Good point... I think either way can be justified. It obviously isn't the largest percentage cut so they must be talking about total savings. But yes, you would have to factor in inflation or compare to GDP to make an accurate comparison.

Forum List

Back