How is this the "Largest tax cut in American history"?

Did I say that dumbass? No. I asked a simple question. You obviously can't answer. Thanks for playing
Brainless twit, taxes are based upon how much a person pays in taxes.
I know it's a difficult concept for you leftards to grasp, just nod in a agreement like you have an IQ over 80 and walk away.
Well then explain it to me smart guy. Lets go with Reagan, show his tax cuts next to Trumps and show me how Trumps is bigger. Should be easy for an intelligent fellow like yourself. Lets see the numbers
According to leftard Newsweek, todays tax cuts will total $6 TRILLION.
So is that your explanation? You are comparing the dollars saved versus the other tax cuts in American history? Do you think that is a valid method to use to describe the cut?
$6 Trillion in the pockets of Americans versus Big Brother.
I call that winning.

:rofl:

Honestly? I am not even certain it is a "cut". How many millions of people are paying more? or less? Nobody really knows until the the tax receipts are tallied. "Estimates" from the government are always wildly inaccurate. I don't trust these any of these people....:rofl:

I do know that I will be paying more thanks to the cap on SALT.

I am prepaying my 2018 property taxes.......that's about all I can do.

:thup:

Did I say that dumbass? No. I asked a simple question. You obviously can't answer. Thanks for playing
I know it's a difficult concept for you leftards to grasp, just nod in a agreement like you have an IQ over 80 and walk away.
Well then explain it to me smart guy. Lets go with Reagan, show his tax cuts next to Trumps and show me how Trumps is bigger. Should be easy for an intelligent fellow like yourself. Lets see the numbers
So is that your explanation? You are comparing the dollars saved versus the other tax cuts in American history? Do you think that is a valid method to use to describe the cut?
I call that winning.
I'm not talking about winning and losing dumbshit this thread isn't supposed to be a partisan dick measuring competition. I'm just looking for simple numbers. So you say it is a 6 Trillion savings plan. How does that compare to Reagans cuts?

I hear this phrase used to describe the new tax plan but I don't understand how the numbers add up. Wasn't the high end tax rate during JFK near 90% and during Reagan 70% which he dropped to 50% and then 28%? Can somebody explain by what metrics this plan is the largest tax cut in American history?

Aggregate projections of tax liability reduction in non-inflation adjusted dollar terms.

So while technically the claim is true it doesn't really mean anything because it's not comparing apples to apples.

It is the largest in terms of raw $$$$

Inflation adjusted.....not so much.
Really?? is that how they are measuring? Are they going to measure deficits in the same way?

Politicians always spin.
They do, but isn't it our responsibility to call them on the spin if it is not honest?

There is an old Italian saying; "Quando lavi la testa di asino, perdi tempo e sapone!" When you wash the head of a jackass, you waste both time and soap.

I don't trust any of them. Saves me a lot of time and soap!

I call that winning.
I'm not talking about winning and losing dumbshit this thread isn't supposed to be a partisan dick measuring competition. I'm just looking for simple numbers. So you say it is a 6 Trillion savings plan. How does that compare to Reagans cuts?
Reagan's tax cuts were $38B, about $99B in todays dollars.
Reagan - $99B cut
Trump - $6T cut.

There's your comparison.

I hear this phrase used to describe the new tax plan but I don't understand how the numbers add up. Wasn't the high end tax rate during JFK near 90% and during Reagan 70% which he dropped to 50% and then 28%? Can somebody explain by what metrics this plan is the largest tax cut in American history?

Aggregate projections of tax liability reduction in non-inflation adjusted dollar terms.

So while technically the claim is true it doesn't really mean anything because it's not comparing apples to apples.
Thanks for answering the question. 5 pages and the majority of responses are glory dances by Trumpsters that really have no clue. You win

It is the largest in terms of raw $$$$

Inflation adjusted.....not so much.
Really?? is that how they are measuring? Are they going to measure deficits in the same way?

Politicians always spin.
They do, but isn't it our responsibility to call them on the spin if it is not honest?

There is an old Italian saying; "Quando lavi la testa di asino, perdi tempo e sapone!" When you wash the head of a jackass, you waste both time and soap.

I don't trust any of them. Saves me a lot of time and soap!
I like that, i'm gonna use it this Christmas, I got a huge Italian family, they will get a kick out of that one!

I hear this phrase used to describe the new tax plan but I don't understand how the numbers add up. Wasn't the high end tax rate during JFK near 90% and during Reagan 70%? Can somebody explain how this plan is the largest in American history?
Only a moronic leftard asshole thinks there were not huge deductions available then.

Congrats, moronic leftard asshole.

Actually brainless twit................taxes are based on how much money a person makes and how good their accountants are.

"Taxes are based upon how much a person pays in taxes"?

You could have worded that better dude.

And, for the OP, the reason it's the biggest tax cut in history is because anything that the Cheeto in Chief does has to be the biggest, the best, etc. etc. etc.

I call that winning.
Reagan - $99B cut
Trump - $6T cut.

There's your comparison.
Interesting, so this is a 6x larger tax cut than Reagans by your math. Did you factor in GDP?

I hear this phrase used to describe the new tax plan but I don't understand how the numbers add up. Wasn't the high end tax rate during JFK near 90% and during Reagan 70%? Can somebody explain how this plan is the largest in American history?
Only a moronic leftard asshole thinks there were not huge deductions available then.

Congrats, moronic leftard asshole.

Actually brainless twit................taxes are based on how much money a person makes and how good their accountants are.

"Taxes are based upon how much a person pays in taxes"?

You could have worded that better dude.

And, for the OP, the reason it's the biggest tax cut in history is because anything that the Cheeto in Chief does has to be the biggest, the best, etc. etc. etc.
Nope. Taxes are based upon how much you feel like paying.

Ask Timmy "Turbo Tax" Geithner.

If taxes are cut by 6 trillion, what is that going to do to the national debt?

You guys DO know that the government's "paycheck" is what they raise in taxes, right? It's how they manage to pay for stuff like wars and infrastructure.

By the way.....................when is Mexico going to start making good on their wall payments? Those samples that have already been built weren't cheap ya know.

I call that winning.
Reagan - $99B cut
Trump - $6T cut.

There's your comparison.
Interesting, so this is a 6x larger tax cut than Reagans by your math. Did you factor in GDP?
Straight dollars to dollars on what people are claiming.
That's what Trump means by the largest ever. Not the fact that Reagans put more money in a families hands.

You guys DO know that the government's "paycheck" is what they raise in taxes, right? It's how they manage to pay for stuff like wars and infrastructure.

By the way.....................when is Mexico going to start making good on their wall payments? Those samples that have already been built weren't cheap ya know.
Federal revenue went from $500B to $1T with Reagan's tax cuts.

What did fed debt do?

What did fed debt do?
Spending is entirely independent from revenue. :cuckoo:

Chained CPI... you mean that ideology Obama pushed for the US to start using?

Now you're bitching that the GOP play's by his new rules?

HAHAHA

I call that winning.
Reagan - $99B cut
Trump - $6T cut.

There's your comparison.
Straight dollars to dollars on what people are claiming.
That's what Trump means by the largest ever. Not the fact that Reagans put more money in a families hands.
Thats a pretty manipulated and dishonest message don't you think? Under those standards you could also claim that this bill is one of the largest single contributors to our debt in American history, right?

Forum List

Back