How Jesus became god'... from not being one. Bart Ehrman.

Erhman has been refuted so many times it's a wonder anybody would run around claiming he's some great 'scholar'. Darrell Bock alone has shut him down literally every time Bock bothered to critique his books, as well as Elaine Pagels and the rest of the fake 'scholars' from the Gnostic revivalist scam. The Peanut Gallery can start with Bock's The Missing Gospels, a work explaining to lay people from a secular point of view why the various popular modern claims of the original orthodoxy being 'falsified' is rubbish and nonsense by merely using textual analysis and historical records. From there it gets very easy to prove the Erhman claims are total rubbish.
- from a secular point of view why the various popular modern claims of the original orthodoxy being 'falsified' is rubbish and nonsense by merely using textual analysis and historical records.

there is no original orthodoxy from the 1st century the falsification is the orthodoxy made up in the 4th century.

the same example applies, sicko -

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
forgeries and fallacies brought to your attention previously. the same pattern for all three desert religions - the ten commandments etched by the Almighty never existed.

I don't know why so many people in the USA misunderstand this sentences. Only god - and no one else - speaks the final judgement. Jesus - the son of god - said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." So not you, not I nor anyone else - only Jesus, true god from true god, is the one who is able to say: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.".

Example: "The philosopher" of Christians was for long centuries Aristotle, "the interpreter" (of the philosophy of Aristotle) was Averroes. Aristotle was a pagan "atheist" (the early Christians were also called "atheists"), Averroes was a Muslim. So who cared about? Truth is always true - independent from the person, who speaks out the truth. In case of Aristotle and Averroes we speak about the founder of all modern universities today.
only Jesus, true god from true god, is the one who is able to say: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.".
there is no evidence the 1st century religious itinerant ever claimed to be the biological son of the Almighty

There is no evidence that Chrisitians existed at all in the 1st century. Nevertheless this is plausible.

- the above is a forgery written in the 4th century to elicit their religion of the roman empire as irrefutable as they have accomplished in your regard.
“Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani”

again the words of a dying man prior to his immediate death. the closing scene of the 1st century and of the spoken religion of antiquity - how you think otherwise is your issue - you impose on those that know better.

I don't have any idea what you try to tell me. What say this words to you yourselve? What do you think I should learn from this words?

Like Disraeli said, Christianity is completed Judaism. Jews didn't become monotheistic until Deutro-Isaiah, and since universalism is implicit in monotheism, Judaism became explicitly universal via Christianity.
I agree about Jewish monotheism but not the rest.

More trivia from Ehrman: Christianity began as a minor cult of Judaism but it soon diverged into two opposing camps centered on the question of did Christians have to first become Jews. The Christians in Israel believed so, those of the diaspora said no. It was Roman pagans that decided the issue by wiping out the Christian Jews of Jerusalem when the Jews revolted.

It was certainly trivial, since it's false. Few Christian Jews remained in Jerusalem by the time of the Revolt; they wer already scattered faer and wide, having been persecuted already, with most of them killed long before Paul was executed in Rome. The Jerusalem Jews themselves killed most of them, like his brother James and many others. The Second Jewish Revolt, the bar Kokhba revolt, finished the split and drove Christians out of the synagogues, also accompanied by massacres of Christians by Orthodox Jews and Pharisees, who made up most of the new 'Rabbis' running around. Christianity spread quickly and widely, as did most Jews who had converted.
You may be right about some of the timings since what I wrote was not just taken from Ehrman.

I think it is safe to say most Jews did not convert and became targets of Christians. Christianity grew by conversions of pagans. It was still a small minority of the Roman world until Constantine.
When was schizophrenia discovered
Wrong, schizophrenia was discovered in 1809, however the term was coined around the time you quoted.

Erhman has been refuted so many times it's a wonder anybody would run around claiming he's some great 'scholar'. Darrell Bock alone has shut him down literally every time Bock bothered to critique his books, as well as Elaine Pagels and the rest of the fake 'scholars' from the Gnostic revivalist scam. The Peanut Gallery can start with Bock's The Missing Gospels, a work explaining to lay people from a secular point of view why the various popular modern claims of the original orthodoxy being 'falsified' is rubbish and nonsense by merely using textual analysis and historical records. From there it gets very easy to prove the Erhman claims are total rubbish.
- from a secular point of view why the various popular modern claims of the original orthodoxy being 'falsified' is rubbish and nonsense by merely using textual analysis and historical records.

there is no original orthodoxy from the 1st century the falsification is the orthodoxy made up in the 4th century.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
forgeries and fallacies brought to your attention previously. the same pattern for all three desert religions - the ten commandments etched by the Almighty never existed.

I don't know why so many people in the USA misunderstand this sentences. Only god - and no one else - speaks the final judgement. Jesus - the son of god - said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." So not you, not I nor anyone else - only Jesus, true god from true god, is the one who is able to say: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.".

Example: "The philosopher" of Christians was for long centuries Aristotle, "the interpreter" (of the philosophy of Aristotle) was Averroes. Aristotle was a pagan "atheist" (the early Christians were also called "atheists"), Averroes was a Muslim. So who cared about? Truth is always true - independent from the person, who speaks out the truth. In case of Aristotle and Averroes we speak about the founder of all modern universities today.
only Jesus, true god from true god, is the one who is able to say: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.".
there is no evidence the 1st century religious itinerant ever claimed to be the biological son of the Almighty

There is no evidence that Chrisitians existed at all in the 1st century. Nevertheless this is plausible.

- the above is a forgery written in the 4th century to elicit their religion of the roman empire as irrefutable as they have accomplished in your regard.

again the words of a dying man prior to his immediate death. the closing scene of the 1st century and of the spoken religion of antiquity - how you think otherwise is your issue - you impose on those that know better.

I don't have any idea what you try to tell me. What say this words to you yourselve? What do you think I should learn from this words?
Christians are followers of Christ, they existed in Christ time and still do

You do realize that paganism is the opposite of atheism don't you?

Here's a bit of trivia I read in one of Ehrman's books. Pagans used to refer to early Christians as 'atheists' because there were so many gods that Christians didn't believe in.

Haha. Got a link to show paganism is the opposite of atheism? It just shows that you are a simpleton asf.

Same with using Ehrman to back up your claim?

Biblical
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols." Isaiah 42:8

Etymyology
paganism (n.)
"religious beliefs and practices of pagans," early 15c., paganisme, from Church Latin paganismus, from paganus (see pagan). Alternative paganity is from 1540s; pagandom is from 1739.

pagan

"The origin of the term Pagan is an interesting word study that has taken a few twists and turns along the way. Today we generally hear the word used to refer to the worship of something other than God, such as polytheism, witchcraft, nature worship, or some other form of idolatry. However, the term once had a much broader meaning."

"Paganism, Atheism, and Agnosticism Contrast with Christianity

These three belief systems, though different and unique, stand in stark contrast to Christianity in that they are devoid of any hope or joy beyond the here and now. Where Christianity urges patience in trials, love for enemies, and faith in God when we cannot see Him working, these three are simply built outside of faith and hope."

Erhman has been refuted so many times it's a wonder anybody would run around claiming he's some great 'scholar'. Darrell Bock alone has shut him down literally every time Bock bothered to critique his books, as well as Elaine Pagels and the rest of the fake 'scholars' from the Gnostic revivalist scam. The Peanut Gallery can start with Bock's The Missing Gospels, a work explaining to lay people from a secular point of view why the various popular modern claims of the original orthodoxy being 'falsified' No is rubbish and nonsense by merely using textual analysis and historical records. From there it gets very easy to prove the Erhman claims are total rubbish.

Get medicated

no comment - but a question because of this "style": Are you a member of the organisation NRA?
No but my 45 is loaded with hollow points

Okay. You are indeed a member of the strange group of weapon fetishists, which started to grow since the 1960ies/70ies in the USA under the influence of the organisation NRA. This explains why you don't argue but try to "kill" the people, who make the mistake to speak with you.

Like Disraeli said, Christianity is completed Judaism. Jews didn't become monotheistic until Deutro-Isaiah, and since universalism is implicit in monotheism, Judaism became explicitly universal via Christianity.

More trivia from Ehrman: Christianity began as a minor cult of Judaism but it soon diverged into two opposing camps centered on the question of did Christians have to first become Jews. The Christians in Israel believed so, those of the diaspora said no. It was Roman pagans that decided the issue by wiping out the Christian Jews of Jerusalem when the Jews revolted.

It was certainly trivial, since it's false. Few Christian Jews remained in Jerusalem by the time of the Revolt; they wer already scattered faer and wide, having been persecuted already, with most of them killed long before Paul was executed in Rome. The Jerusalem Jews themselves killed most of them, like his brother James and many others. The Second Jewish Revolt, the bar Kokhba revolt, finished the split and drove Christians out of the synagogues, also accompanied by massacres of Christians by Orthodox Jews and Pharisees, who made up most of the new 'Rabbis' running around. Christianity spread quickly and widely, as did most Jews who had converted.
You may be right about some of the timings since what I wrote was not just taken from Ehrman.

I think it is safe to say most Jews did not convert and became targets of Christians. Christianity grew by conversions of pagans. It was still a small minority of the Roman world until Constantine.
Wrong, schizophrenia was discovered in 1809, however the term was coined around the time you quoted.

Sounds not plausible.

?

Are you Breezewood?

Erhman has been refuted so many times it's a wonder anybody would run around claiming he's some great 'scholar'. Darrell Bock alone has shut him down literally every time Bock bothered to critique his books, as well as Elaine Pagels and the rest of the fake 'scholars' from the Gnostic revivalist scam. The Peanut Gallery can start with Bock's The Missing Gospels, a work explaining to lay people from a secular point of view why the various popular modern claims of the original orthodoxy being 'falsified' No is rubbish and nonsense by merely using textual analysis and historical records. From there it gets very easy to prove the Erhman claims are total rubbish.

Get medicated

no comment - but a question because of this "style": Are you a member of the organisation NRA?

Okay. You are indeed a member of the strange group of weapon fetishists, which started to grow since the 1960ies/70ies in the USA under the influence of the organisation NRA. This explains why you don't argue but try to "kill" the people, who make the mistake to speak with you.
I have never tried to kill anyone and if I did no weapon would be needed

It is delusional asf to think the universe itself produced or created something. We already discussed the universe is both space and time and that could not have started by itself in nature. It had to be supernatural.
Maybe it was supernatural. That in no way leads to the God of the Bible. There is just as much evidence that the Flying Spaghetti Monster was responsible.
You miss the obvious or your logic starts with circular reasoning. The Bible leads to the God of the Bible. How else would God have told us what happened in the beginning? Furthermore, the universe, Earth, and everything in it are here and we see that the earth layers and fossils were jumbled by a great flood. That over 7000 languages formed immediately and caused people to group together by language and their ethnicity.
No surprise that nothing you wrote is true. However, I do appreciate the irony of your criticism of my 'circular reasoning' followed by "The Bible leads to the God of the Bible". Thanks, you're the gift that keeps on giving.

It's no surprise that ding runs rings around you all the time with his science knowledge even though he doesn't use the Bible. And it is ironic that your simpleton mind does not realize the Bible and the evidence of the supernatural or life spirit is direct evidence for God and creation as we find science and cosmology logic backs up both. There are no flying spaghetti monsters, Darwinism, nor evolution which appear to be myths. There are "only life begets life" scientific method experiment from Dr. Louis Pasteur and Kalam's Cosmological Argument which are two arguments for God.

OTOH, you start with the fairy tale of the science of atheism of no God and > 6,000 year old Earth and add false long time geology and false long time biology to it.

Sounds not plausible.
Again schizophrenia existed long before being named

?

Are you Breezewood?
I am what I am

You do realize that paganism is the opposite of atheism don't you?

Here's a bit of trivia I read in one of Ehrman's books. Pagans used to refer to early Christians as 'atheists' because there were so many gods that Christians didn't believe in.

Haha. Got a link to show paganism is the opposite of atheism? It just shows that you are a simpleton asf.

Same with using Ehrman to back up your claim?

Biblical
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols." Isaiah 42:8

Etymyology
paganism (n.)
"religious beliefs and practices of pagans," early 15c., paganisme, from Church Latin paganismus, from paganus (see pagan). Alternative paganity is from 1540s; pagandom is from 1739.

pagan

"The origin of the term Pagan is an interesting word study that has taken a few twists and turns along the way. Today we generally hear the word used to refer to the worship of something other than God, such as polytheism, witchcraft, nature worship, or some other form of idolatry. However, the term once had a much broader meaning."

"Paganism, Atheism, and Agnosticism Contrast with Christianity

These three belief systems, though different and unique, stand in stark contrast to Christianity in that they are devoid of any hope or joy beyond the here and now. Where Christianity urges patience in trials, love for enemies, and faith in God when we cannot see Him working, these three are simply built outside of faith and hope."

Why do I get the feeling you know as much about paganism as you do about evolution?

"These three belief systems, though different and unique, stand in stark contrast to Christianity in that they are devoid of any hope or joy beyond the here and now."

There is no heaven or hell for atheists while agnostics are just on the fence. Just because they believe in many gods, that doesn't mean pagans don't envision an afterlife. Many pagan cultures built burial mounds that included items to be used in the next world. Egyptians built huge pyramids to ensure a comfortable post-death experience.

There is a good case to be made that there is little difference between Christianity and paganism. Pagans have big gods (God), little gods (Satan), demigods (god-mortal offspring, like Jesus), and heros with divine help (Samson).

It is delusional asf to think the universe itself produced or created something. We already discussed the universe is both space and time and that could not have started by itself in nature. It had to be supernatural.
Maybe it was supernatural. That in no way leads to the God of the Bible. There is just as much evidence that the Flying Spaghetti Monster was responsible.
You miss the obvious or your logic starts with circular reasoning. The Bible leads to the God of the Bible. How else would God have told us what happened in the beginning? Furthermore, the universe, Earth, and everything in it are here and we see that the earth layers and fossils were jumbled by a great flood. That over 7000 languages formed immediately and caused people to group together by language and their ethnicity.
No surprise that nothing you wrote is true. However, I do appreciate the irony of your criticism of my 'circular reasoning' followed by "The Bible leads to the God of the Bible". Thanks, you're the gift that keeps on giving.

It's no surprise that ding runs rings around you all the time with his science knowledge even though he doesn't use the Bible. And it is ironic that your simpleton mind does not realize the Bible and the evidence of the supernatural or life spirit is direct evidence for God and creation as we find science and cosmology logic backs up both. There are no flying spaghetti monsters, Darwinism, nor evolution which appear to be myths. There are "only life begets life" scientific method experiment from Dr. Louis Pasteur and Kalam's Cosmological Argument which are two arguments for God.

OTOH, you start with the fairy tale of the science of atheism of no God and > 6,000 year old Earth and add false long time geology and false long time biology to it.
What science is in the bible?

Get medicated

:lol: I fear critical self reflection of weapon users leads only to their own death. What do you call a continously repeated "argument" like "get medicated"? I call such a behavior a stupid intrigant attack of an evil willing extremist, who has not any manners and not any idea what he tries to speak about. So let it be to speak with me furthermore. Comprende?

"only life begets life

I guess God either isn't 'life' since life would have had to create him. OTOH, God must be 'life' since only life begets life.

You're just mixed up with your first statement. We had the ancient peoples including Jews before Moses and those after. The monotheist Jews came after Moses being given the Ten Commandments which is the start of the Bible. The Jews before Moses were polytheists. All the ancient peoples were. You don't even realize this. However, even a dolt like you recognizes the importance and power of the Bible with its conversion to the one Biblical God (capital 'G'), monotheism, and the rise of the Bible. What does Ehrman say about that? Does he only focus on the NT haha?

Get medicated

:lol: I fear critical self reflection of weapon users leads only to their own death. What do you call a continously repeated "argument" like "get medicated"? I call such a behavior a stupid intrigant attack of an evil willing extremist, who has not any manners and not any idea what he tries to speak about. So let it be to speak with me furthermore. Comprende?
Get medicated.

Sounds not plausible.
Again schizophrenia existed long before being named

Sure exists schizophrenia longer. But the word "schizophrenia" (=loss of the inner consistence of the processes of the soul) was used the first time in history from the Swiss doctor Eugen Bleuler in 1908 in medical research.

Get medicated

Get medicated.

Okay. You are not shy to show to everyone that you are an extremist idiot. Same is doing your president Donald Trump. What's wrong with your country?

You think Stalin prayed? lol he was a sociopath, just smarter than his enemy sociopaths is all. You probably would think of him ans a hero. And I'm not surprised you missed my point.
Stalin was indeed a sociopath but he got nearly everything he wanted while many devoutly religious people were murdered by him.

Stalin was such a sociopath and megalomaniac that his own people, not just military, underneath him were afraid of crossing him. So your argument is glee that many devoutly religious people were murdered by him. One evil and cruel man rising to the highest level of power meant God had failed his devout followers. You would be one to blame such a God. However, we still have in the Bible with its prophecies that the second coming of Jesus would be of vengeance. The atheists are wrong about a "loving" God in that sense. He will be there and arrange it so all eyes can see from the past, present, and future. Everything will be settled on Earth and then final judgement. That's when Stalin gets his and the devoutly religious who suffered will see that their prayers were answered.

Forum List

Back