🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How many people here actually have a personal server

Lots of people use them. You can get them pretty cheap if you're not using it for much.

Server | Workstation | Home Server - Newegg.com
That is not what I ask however, the question is how many people reading this have their own personal server?

Define "Personal Server". I have had more than one in my lifetime. Right now, I use some else's rack space.If I had the ability to bring in a decent line, I would definately have a "Personal Server". Almost anyone with cable, DSL and a few other methods can easily set up a "Personal Server" using almost any flavor of Linux (using Apache that is builtin) or an flavor of windows using IIS also built in.

I cheat a bit here. I used to own a national Connectivity with DSL, Dialup, WIFI and sold some of those services for stand alone servers.

Almost anyone that posts in here is capable of setting up a personal server. And one of the best is free; hMailServer. This can be setup on ANY modern version of Windows. Those that are more savvy can setup sendmail on almost any flavor of Linux.

To answer your question, almost anyone can if there is a reason for it. And the best security is to fly under the radar where the hackers don't have a clue it's there.

at least Bill played the game right and never emailed! can u imagine the emails between bill and monica if they assumed they would never be seen?

I have one that I use here all the time.

Wanna see?

platter.jpg

Lots of people use them. You can get them pretty cheap if you're not using it for much.

That is not what I ask however, the question is how many people reading this have their own personal server?

Define "Personal Server". I have had more than one in my lifetime. Right now, I use some else's rack space.If I had the ability to bring in a decent line, I would definately have a "Personal Server". Almost anyone with cable, DSL and a few other methods can easily set up a "Personal Server" using almost any flavor of Linux (using Apache that is builtin) or an flavor of windows using IIS also built in.

I cheat a bit here. I used to own a national Connectivity with DSL, Dialup, WIFI and sold some of those services for stand alone servers.

Almost anyone that posts in here is capable of setting up a personal server. And one of the best is free; hMailServer. This can be setup on ANY modern version of Windows. Those that are more savvy can setup sendmail on almost any flavor of Linux.

To answer your question, almost anyone can if there is a reason for it. And the best security is to fly under the radar where the hackers don't have a clue it's there.
Actually you do not have a personal server if it routes thru another's bandwith. It's amazing how many people think that they have an independent system that uses ATT or Verizon per say.

All personal servers are stored in the bathroom correct? I am not very technical, so help me out a little.

Serious question, I bet under .000 percent.

Well??????????????
I bet you have at least one.
No need I use a server in the Kremlin basement, the one with the red skull on the case. Which one do you use
I said I have 3 but I actually have 4.
Again are they in the bathroom because the humidity is good for their root system...............

LA LA LA LA
Sudo su

Do you have an internet provider? because if u do your personal server uses open bandwith and routes thru the providers servers. So you ain't got nothing personal there, do you?

Do you have an internet provider? because if u do your personal server uses open bandwith and routes thru the providers servers. So you ain't got nothing personal there, do you?
Quiet all of a sudden with the above..........................Hmmm

You can have a personal server and an internet provider and not have the server exposed to the outside world.

You can have a personal server and an internet provider and not have the server exposed to the outside world.

Are you the idiot who set up Hillarious's server? Because seriously, that is exactly what she was told, and was dumb enough to believe.

LA LA LA LA

You go girl

Are you the idiot who set up Hillarious's server? Because seriously, that is exactly what she was told, and was dumb enough to believe.

LA LA LA LA

You go girl
No but I am a network engineer. Obviously you have no clue about what you are talking about. WTF is open bandwidth? Can you explain that concept. I have never heard of it.:laugh:

LA LA LA LA

You go girl
No but I am a network engineer. Obviously you have no clue about what you are talking about. :laugh:

Brian Poogliano thought he was a network engineer too. LA LA LA LA LA

Now he is praying to stay out of prison and Vince Fosters grave.

PS. The NSA and Pentagon can't do what you claim, so you must be wey wey betterer an engineer than them, is your name Thomas?

maxresdefault.jpg

Well??????????????
I have 3
Are they in the bathroom..................................

You lose sucker.
I read that the bathroom thing is a total MYTH...it was in their basement...I believe they said?

She didn't really own the server either, or go out and buy one for herself...supposedly it was a server the Secret service set up for President Clinton's use, after he left office....don't know if Bill ever used it a lot or not, previous to her taking it over?

Well??????????????
I have 3

You lose sucker.
I read that the bathroom thing is a total MYTH...it was in their basement...I believe they said?

She didn't really own the server either, or go out and buy one for herself...supposedly it was a server the Secret service set up for President Clinton's use, after he left office....don't know if Bill ever used it a lot or not, previous to her taking it over?
That has to be a myth. No one that has any experience with computers would set up a server where it could be exposed to dampness.

Well??????????????
I have 3

You lose sucker.

You read wrong, Platt River is the clown palace that used the bathroom Hillary's email firm had its servers in the bathroom Try thinking next time, instead of just believing the krap on CNN

Forum List

Back