🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How much do churches spend on construction of their buildings and grounds?

And why then is that expense more important than feeding, clothing, housing, and teaching the poor of the world?

Jesus taught on a hill under a tree to large masses of people. But a megachurch needs a megabuilding while simultaneously claiming to give a crap about the poor?

They get tax breaks in exchange for not trying to influence politics, which they do anyway. Praise the lord and hallelujah!!

no. They aren't taxed because the constitution forbids congress from passing a law to tax religion.

And why then is that expense more important than feeding, clothing, housing, and teaching the poor of the world?

Jesus taught on a hill under a tree to large masses of people. But a megachurch needs a megabuilding while simultaneously claiming to give a crap about the poor?

1) While you're cherrypicking the Bible and preaching about proper church-building, Reverend Delta, why don't you take a gander at the verses about the tabernacle the Israelites carted around the desert with them, or the Ark of the Covenant, or the Temple of Solomon?

2) Unless any of the money people spend on their churches comes out of your pocket, what business is it of yours? Why do you have so much trouble understanding the concept of "between me and God, and you're not either one of us"?

Delta, how many hours per day do you spend starting threads on this forum?

Leave this forum, and take that time and spend it helping the poor and hungry in your community.

I suggest volunteering at Catholic Charities because they help the poor in a very direct way. Give them a call and ask for the nearest location to you:

Catholic Charities Contact Us Catholic Charities USA

I find it very illuminating that at the point where the government stops helping people, it refers them to the Catholic Church for further assistance.

They get tax breaks in exchange for not trying to influence politics, which they do anyway. Praise the lord and hallelujah!!

They get tax breaks for the same reason that other non-profit entities do, provided they meet the standards required by the IRS to achieve that status.

Christ rebuked one of His apostles when He was asked a similar question about oil with which a woman anointed him.

the apostle was Judas Iscariot. And he wasn't asking because he was concerned with the poor.

the op asked it in the same spirit.

if you care about the poor tithe and fast.

6 "Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? 7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? 8 Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
- Isaiah 58

Probably my favourite verse. Well, one of them. :)

What I think of when baking cookies twice a week and muffins once a week and sharing my bounty freely with my neighbors.

Is Not This the Fast That I Have Chosen - By President Henry B. Eyring

Forum List

Back