How much is your gerocery bill?

I've contemplated getting a sams club membership, but I keep thinking I would get it, then never use it.:redface:

I'm thinking I'll be able to share with my daughter. Buying in bulk is fantastic if as you say, you use it all.

I've contemplated getting a sams club membership, but I keep thinking I would get it, then never use it.:redface:

I don't know about your situation but in the DC metro area and now in Colorado Springs, everything I need can be found within a two mile radius for the same or a lesser price as found in Sams Club. Why pay them for the privilege of shopping there?

I don't know about your situation but in the DC metro area and now in Colorado Springs, everything I need can be found within a two mile radius for the same or a lesser price as found in Sams Club. Why pay them for the privilege of shopping there?

I think if I was doing something like Sarah, and sharing, it'd be worth it, but since its just the 3 of us, I can't see getting much savings out of bulk products.

I'm looking at $400 a month for a family of 3. My husband has suggested that we are excessive, I disagree. So I thought I'd ask and see what everyone else says:)

:eek:

i run about $400...... a week..... for 3.

We're $250-$300 for the two of us. Tis expensive in the Bay Area, especially when one buys Real Food.

Sam's club for things like Bulk paper products. TP and PT....Then there's things like Tuna and coffee, Frozen meats like Chicken breasts...One bag of those from Sams and we have chicken breast once a week for 2 months, For $10......Hard to beat that....

Sam's club for things like Bulk paper products. TP and PT....Then there's things like Tuna and coffee, Frozen meats like Chicken breasts...One bag of those from Sams and we have chicken breast once a week for 2 months, For $10......Hard to beat that....

We do that at Costco - with a big list a couple of times a year. It helps to have a basement (a rarity in CA) to store non-perishables and the big freezer. I hate running out of stuff, so we are generally have a good stock of supplies.

My sis buys paper products in bulk and also the Costco brand tuna and chicken in cans. Their brand is so good. We had a baby shower and made a big batch of chicken salad served on croissants. Very good and cost effective.

I think if I was doing something like Sarah, and sharing, it'd be worth it, but since its just the 3 of us, I can't see getting much savings out of bulk products.
One of the things I do is wait for, say, top sirloin to go on sale, packaged in bulk. Separate out the cuts individually or in twos and freeze. You can thin slice it and make stir fry, a steak mac and cheese, grilled steak salad or my favorite is to cube it, cook it in olive oil and garlic with onions, sweet peppers and basil. :eusa_drool:
Serve it with spaghetti tossed with cooked Italian green beans, broccoli and an olive oil/butter/Italian seasoning/Parmesan blend. Instead of the beans and broccoli a cheaper solution is to use drained canned peas and carrots.

From $100.00 a month, a year ago, to $130.00 a month now for groceries, only. For real. I keep a running tab.

Now if you are talking how much for ALL things it takes to live, that would come to $230.00 a month, which includes household goods and misc. No fast foods or junk food, except lemon cookies and miniature tootsie rolls for when I have a chocolate urge. :D

One person, who doesn't eat much, and has started home cooking and buying store brands, as much as possible. No meat. Salads, eggs, chicken, great soup for a month, loaded with spaghetti and canned whole tomatoes, with other veggies. It takes 7 to 8 hours from start to finish, but makes enough for one cup a day, for a month. It tastes really good and is seasoned just right ( garlic, too ) and no added sugar or corn syrup in anything I buy, but the store brand lemon flavored cookies from Walmart. Yum!

Is is surprising how many ways one can cook chicken...lol. Inexpensive and delicious.

I'd prefer to save on groceries so I can save $$$ for the upcoming 4 years....

You could always buy the 12 pack, full meals with heaters, MREs online. With shipping it comes to about $5.50 per meal............ :eusa_whistle:

I wished we lived close enough to a Commissary we could go to all the time......

But I spent $300 at Sams, and at least that much more at Giant Eagle this month, for 2 people.......

I'm moving within the next month or so back to my hometown. My daughter likes Giant Eagle and Costco. It's gonna be fun shopping at places like that again.

I love costco!

I'm looking at $400 a month for a family of 3. My husband has suggested that we are excessive, I disagree. So I thought I'd ask and see what everyone else says:)

We're $250-$300 for the two of us. Tis expensive in the Bay Area, especially when one buys Real Food.

beef at 12.99 a pound... my thankisgiving turkey was $90 bucks.... :eek:

i bought chicken fat yesterday.... and that is what i would call scraps.... it was 3.99 a pound. :eek:

We do that at Costco - with a big list a couple of times a year. It helps to have a basement (a rarity in CA) to store non-perishables and the big freezer. I hate running out of stuff, so we are generally have a good stock of supplies.

lol... we go to costco once a week.

beef at 12.99 a pound... my thankisgiving turkey was $90 bucks.... :eek:

i bought chicken fat yesterday.... and that is what i would call scraps.... it was 3.99 a pound. :eek:

$12.99/lb is much more than I would expect that you'd need to pay for meat.

:redface:

Forum List

Back