How much water do we really need in extreme heat?

During my normal work day I drink over a gallon of liquid and it's still not enough. I like to say that we work until we are 95% of the way to heat stroke.

15 eight oz cups of water a day? No way. The only time I've ever drank that much water in a day was when I was doing a 3 hour training run or a full marathon. Unless you have a very physically demanding job or you are an endurance athlete there is no way you need that much water.

If you want to end up in the hospital, drink coffee all day in the heat.
Who in their right mind would do that in the first place? In other words, who would have coffee be at the top of their list of liquids consumption if they were going to be in the heat all day?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

WTF is the world coming to when you have to google up what you need to drink during the time you aren't in air conditioned environments? You ain't gonna die if you don't have a water bottle in your hand.

WTF is the world coming to when you have to google up what you need to drink during the time you aren't in air conditioned environments? You ain't gonna die if you don't have a water bottle in your hand.

Around 12,000 people die every year from the heat. All completely preventable.

I used to have to watch line workers that came from outside the South. They never drank enough water.

Hot weather here in Florida working outside Me and my crew had a 5 gal. water keg there were 4 of us and that keg would be empty by the end of day.
Sure 8 hours working hard in the heat, a gallon of water. That's similar to me running a marathon and drinking a gallon of water. Normal activity would require way less.

Forum List

Back