How not to act when approached by a mountain lion.

So I figure this will amuse some here.
One morning last December I looked out my window one morning to see a mountain lion in my driveway about 150 feet from the house. I got the bright idea to photograph it, and got my phone, opened the door and slowly headed off the porch to get a rare picture of a mountain lion in the wild. As I was pointing my phone at the lion to get that picture, he suddenly noticed me. He let off a low growl, turned his head and looked at me and appeared to tense up his whole body.
At that point in time I decided I simply didn't need a picture of a mountain lion and bravely and slowly backed up into my door while maintaining eye contact with the big guy growling at me. Once I got inside, he watched for a bit, then casually walked off towards the north.
When he was gone I went out and got this picture of his front paw track where he dug his claws into the mud.

Attachments

• IMG_20240121_181830.jpg
    IMG_20240121_181830.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 1
If being approached, you should appear intimidating and it is said it's a good idea to make yourself appear larger, whether by raising arms over your head or holding something up. If he didn't have his Glock he was screwed slowly backing away.

Elk hunters in Idaho hunt with hand guns? Here in New Mexico they use high powered rifles.

Forum List

Back