How should a college determine who it should admit?

TheGreenHornet

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2017
You should be a US citizen to be admitted to a US college, and it shouldn't matter how much money your parents have or who they are.

You should be a US citizen to be admitted to a US college, and it shouldn't matter how much money your parents have or who they are.
Agreed if all we are doing is supplementing these colleges so they can be educating future subversives to the Republic.

We have way too many people wasting their time in college these days. We have way too much taxpayer money going to our mediocre education system these days. We're paying radical professors way too much these days. Education has become indoctrination. So what makes us think there is a quick fix that will make things fair?

Agreed if all we are doing is supplementing these colleges so they can be educating future subversives to the Republic.

No because we have an issue with the Chinese stealing trade secrets in Colleges and probably all countries steal US stuff.

What do you consider subversive thought??

No because we have an issue with the Chinese stealing trade secrets in Colleges and probably all countries steal US stuff.

Training people that can steal trade secrets, etc. I do not like the idea of having foreigners making or having influence on policies here and writing their own grants in the CDC either.

It appears that many Americans still believe that merit is the most important factor in determining who will get into our top colleges and universities.

Some of our top schools insist on considering how much 'adversity' a proposed student has been through in order to give them a boost.

The College Board Scraps Controversial ‘Adversity Score,’ but Continues Plan to Weigh College Admissions
Ability to pass a standards test first and foremost.
I second this. To me, if the education, which is why anyone should be at the schools, isn't going to be taken seriously enough, why should those who do nothing but slack off be admitted? Yeah being able to pay for whatever classes are taken is important, but so is the reputation of the schools too.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It appears that many Americans still believe that merit is the most important factor in determining who will get into our top colleges and universities.

Some of our top schools insist on considering how much 'adversity' a proposed student has been through in order to give them a boost.

The College Board Scraps Controversial ‘Adversity Score,’ but Continues Plan to Weigh College Admissions

With what is graduating from Universities today I say their standards are low...

I had a teacher ask me how to spell Stucco and could not spell Peek!

She teaches sixth grade science...

So what ever system they are using they to improve it because they are producing pure idiots in today time...

again you and trump think the same thing,,,

why do you hate him so much if you agree on so many things,,

Because he is a fake. I do not believe in merit immigration.

dont change the subject,,,

Because he has never been a nationalist and probably is a fake nationalist now.

Because he has never been a nationalist and probably is a fake nationalist now.

dont lie,,,you love him and want to have his baby,,,

Agreed if all we are doing is supplementing these colleges so they can be educating future subversives to the Republic.[/QUOTE

I walked a campus the other day of a prestigious university in St. Louis and and all I heard were students talking in foreign languages.

Outrageous!!!

With what is graduating from Universities today I say their standards are low...

I had a teacher ask me how to spell Stucco and could not spell Peek!

She teaches sixth grade science...

So what ever system they are using they to improve it because they are producing pure idiots in today time...

Spelling is not something to be concerned about....a lot of very smart people are poor spellers....including me and Einstein as well as Earnest Hemingway and George Washington.

And not even to mention when I do spell a word correctly the computer will drop the ball and display something i did not even type. Though my typing is not that good either.
11 historical figures who were really bad at spelling

Whomever can pay the most.
Or like Fredo Cuomo the scions of "important" people.
You should be a US citizen to be admitted to a US college...
Many red-diaper American citizens - "educated" at our most prestigious schools - are subversives. Bill Maher for, example, doesn't even try to hide his disdain & disloyalty. Like many on the left he doesn't care who gets hurt as long as his mindless hatred is served:

Liberal Media Scream: Bill Maher cheers economic collapse if it dooms Trump
“I’ve been hoping for a recession — people hate me for it — but it would get rid of Trump, so you shouldn’t hate me for it.”
To which, Barro noted: “Recessions are really bad. People lose their jobs and their homes.”
Maher doubled down: “I know. It’s worth it.”

Forum List

Back