How stupid are left wingers? Well they're THIS fucking stupid:

So one of our brilliant leaders said yet another idiotic thing about Ebola yesterday:

"If we have a 21 day quarantine for people coming back from West Africa, then that will discourage people from going over there to help."

So, these doctors and aid workers, are going into the lion's den, they are facing one of, if not THE most deadly viruses ever known, but a quarantine scares them? The guys that say this stuff are pretty fucking stupid alright, but you know who is even more stupid? Those who believe this garbage.
I also overheard that some of these organizations are now encouraging medical personnel to LIE to customs officials as to their whereabouts should they be returning from west Africa.
That's just brilliant.

Let me guess....you overheard that on Faux News? Why am I not surprised.

So one of our brilliant leaders said yet another idiotic thing about Ebola yesterday:

"If we have a 21 day quarantine for people coming back from West Africa, then that will discourage people from going over there to help."

So, these doctors and aid workers, are going into the lion's den, they are facing one of, if not THE most deadly viruses ever known, but a quarantine scares them? The guys that say this stuff are pretty fucking stupid alright, but you know who is even more stupid? Those who believe this garbage.
I also overheard that some of these organizations are now encouraging medical personnel to LIE to customs officials as to their whereabouts should they be returning from west Africa.
That's just brilliant.

Well, we all know that public safety is less important than winning elections.

Sure it is, for conservatives, that's why they all agree that nuts should be able to own guns, because they are so concerned with safety.

You would think that if they are going to quarantine someone they would at least provide adequate facilities. I don't blame the nurse for complaining....I'm sure idiot Christie wouldn't like to be quarantined in the facility they made available for the nurse. He would be the first one to reject his own mandate!

Leave it to conservatives....to come up with half-ass solutions. Like the fear mongers that they are, they can't even calm down long enough to come up with feasible solutions.

The first person to be isolated for 21 days under new rules, she described her treatment a "frenzy of disorganization."

“Tired, hungry and confused,” she was isolated, with people asking her questions “one after another.”

“No one seemed to be in charge. No one would tell me what was going on or what would happen to me."

After several hours her temperature was tested with a forehead scanner, which revealed “fever” that Hickox said was only a result of flushing cheeks after the airport ordeal. Hickox, a graduate of two US universities explained that an oral thermometer would be more accurate, but she was taken to the hospital instead where she will be staying for 21 days.

Hickox wrote she was placed in a tent that “sat outside of the building.” The oral thermometer showed no fever and her preliminary tests for Ebola came back negative.

The nurse’s mother and DWB told the Wall Street Journal that Hickox was being held in an unheated tent with a portable toilet, but no shower.

“The location is an extended care facility inside a building that is part of the hospital,” Dawn Thomas, spokeswoman for the New Jersey Department of Health Thomas said in an email, as cited by Reuters.“We understand that this is an inconvenience but our primary concern is the health of the patient.”

Like a criminal US nurse quarantined upon return from Africa blasts disorganization RT USA

Point being that this Ebola scare is being handed poorly.

I can understand some confusion, but we in the Department of Defense have gotten used to the confusion that we've seen coming from Washington since the campaigner in chief was sworn in.

We expect it now.

Wasn't like this under any other president. Not Carter. Not Clinton. Not Reagan. Not even under Bush.

So what are you suggesting? That they have no quarantine? Isn't that more stupid?
He's suggesting the opposite. Pay attention. Stop letting your tits do your thinking

Well idiot, people that have contracted Ebola do require quarantine.....those that have not, do not. And if you were to quit staring at tits, maybe you would make sense.

That's just brilliant.

Sure it is, for conservatives, that's why they all agree that nuts should be able to own guns, because they are so concerned with safety.

Link?

Post a statement that says we support guns owned by crazy people.

When dealing with medical issues I find it more plausible to listen to right-wing politicians before I would listen to highly trained medical professionals.

Keep up the Hysteria
Which highly trained medical professionals are saying the opposite?
This is the problem when the OP makes statements about people without actually giving any information about who he's talking about.
Isolated nurse slams Chris Christie s Ebola quarantine policy World news theguardian.com
Who cares what this woman has to say. She's only thinking of herself.
She's spewing because she feels "put out".
Well fuck her. Who the hell does she think she is putting others at risk? Until she is cleared after the full 21 days she is a carrier. Plain and simple. The policy should be "eliminate all risk of the potential spread of Ebola"....A strict protocol should be followed. All medical personnel would be advised that upon their return to the US, they will be under quarantine for 21 days.

She's not putting anyone at risk, idiot. She doesn't have Ebola. And who does Christie think he is, setting up a quagmire as a qualified place for quarantining people? If conservatives want to insist on quarantining, then they should be whining about forking up more tax money to make sure we have adequate facilities to do so. How would you like to be held in a place like they were making her stay? You'd be the first to start whining.

That's just brilliant.

Not really a surprise.

Well of course not....you are also tuned in to Faux News 24/7........:D

You would think that if they are going to quarantine someone they would at least provide adequate facilities. I don't blame the nurse for complaining....I'm sure idiot Christie wouldn't like to be quarantined in the facility they made available for the nurse. He would be the first one to reject his own mandate!

Leave it to conservatives....to come up with half-ass solutions. Like the fear mongers that they are, they can't even calm down long enough to come up with feasible solutions.

The first person to be isolated for 21 days under new rules, she described her treatment a "frenzy of disorganization."

“Tired, hungry and confused,” she was isolated, with people asking her questions “one after another.”

“No one seemed to be in charge. No one would tell me what was going on or what would happen to me."

After several hours her temperature was tested with a forehead scanner, which revealed “fever” that Hickox said was only a result of flushing cheeks after the airport ordeal. Hickox, a graduate of two US universities explained that an oral thermometer would be more accurate, but she was taken to the hospital instead where she will be staying for 21 days.

Hickox wrote she was placed in a tent that “sat outside of the building.” The oral thermometer showed no fever and her preliminary tests for Ebola came back negative.

The nurse’s mother and DWB told the Wall Street Journal that Hickox was being held in an unheated tent with a portable toilet, but no shower.

“The location is an extended care facility inside a building that is part of the hospital,” Dawn Thomas, spokeswoman for the New Jersey Department of Health Thomas said in an email, as cited by Reuters.“We understand that this is an inconvenience but our primary concern is the health of the patient.”

Like a criminal US nurse quarantined upon return from Africa blasts disorganization RT USA

That was Christie's idea......and yes, I agree. If you are going to quarantine people, then make the place adequate.

I can understand some confusion, but we in the Department of Defense have gotten used to the confusion that we've seen coming from Washington since the campaigner in chief was sworn in.
:bsflag:

We expect it now.

Wasn't like this under any other president. Not Carter. Not Clinton. Not Reagan. Not even under Bush.

Bwahaha...you are in denial. I guess you're looking at the conservative version of history on Katrina.......

Right Obama is surrounded by experts in infectious diease control... These people have controlled 100s of infectious dieases in the past and their courage and intelliect we should be grateful for.

You are qualified in diddley squat...

So by open your mouth you just proved to ius thet the idiot is you... .

That was Christie's idea......and yes, I agree. If you are going to quarantine people, then make the place adequate.

:bsflag:

We expect it now.

Bwahaha...you are in denial. I guess you're looking at the conservative version of history on Katrina.......

No, I'm relating personal experiences.

I've been in the government in one shape or form since 1974. Except for a short break in college and while working in a union shop, I've seen first-hand how every president runs the DoD since Gerald Ford.

Right Obama is surrounded by experts in infectious diease control... These people have controlled 100s of infectious dieases in the past and their courage and intelliect we should be grateful for.

The problem isn't his experts.

The problem is Obama policies. His political-correctness. It infects every facet of his administration.

If you have the Flu, you're able to infect anyone who hasn't gotten the flu shot or those who haven't gotten a shot with your particular strain of flu inoculation. Thirty-thousand plus die each year. About 1/4 million are hospitalized. In this nation only.

That doesn't register with them.....they have been so terrified by the Faux News fear mongering regarding Ebola and how Obama is responsible for the epidemic (in their minds) that they are unable to reason or even think rationally.

I really don't blame the conservatives for thinking about unconventional remedies to unconventional diseases.

True, except when they go out of their way to imprison someone for no reason.

That is 100% correct. Its what we used to call a category B response. You take a step to remedy a problem that does zilch but it makes you feel better. Much like locking cockpit doors on a plane or prohibiting butter knives while still giving the passengers metal forks.

That's just brilliant.

Link?

I am just weighing in here...

Conservatives have not said they support guns owned by crazy people. but what they have done is supported laws and candidates that want gun control so lax and unenforced that crazy people (and felons) can easily obtain guns...

I that way conservatives have indirectly supported crazy people getting guns.

Truth is Regan was for background checks and wrote very eloquently on the issue:
Why I m for the Brady Bill - New York Times
The Brady bill would require the handgun dealer to provide a copy of the prospective purchaser's sworn statement to local law enforcement authorities so that background checks could be made. Based upon the evidence in states that already have handgun purchase waiting periods, this bill -- on a nationwide scale -- can't help but stop thousands of illegal handgun purchases.

And, since many handguns are acquired in the heat of passion (to settle a quarrel, for example) or at times of depression brought on by potential suicide, the Brady bill would provide a cooling-off period that would certainly have the effect of reducing the number of handgun deaths.
I may not have agreed with Regan on a lot of things but he had a bit of class about him.

That is the thing about the conservatives now, Regan today would have been a RINO or a Democrat. Most likely a Democrat.

That's just brilliant.

Link?

It is a fact that Republicans/conservatives support the NRA and fight the idea of everyone having to register and get background checks to buy a gun.

How the violent mentally ill can buy guns
What police eventually discovered instead was a horrendous case that underscores how little the country's current gun laws can do to stop a mentally ill person from buying a gun -- even if, like Gerald Hume, they have a documented history of violence.
How the violent mentally ill can buy guns - CNN.com

Why the NRA fights background checks
Opinion Why the NRA fights background checks - CNN.com

do I need to remind you that not all so-called "libs" would agree with the statement?

The problem is Obama policies. His political-correctness. It infects every facet of his administration.

Explain: The WHO and CDC have already backed Obama stance and disagreed with travel bans.

That's just brilliant.

Link?

I am just weighing in here...

Conservatives have not said they support guns owned by crazy people. but what they have done is supported laws and candidates that want gun control so lax and unenforced that crazy people (and felons) can easily obtain guns...

I that way conservatives have indirectly supported crazy people getting guns.

Truth is Regan was for background checks and wrote very eloquently on the issue:
Why I m for the Brady Bill - New York Times
The Brady bill would require the handgun dealer to provide a copy of the prospective purchaser's sworn statement to local law enforcement authorities so that background checks could be made. Based upon the evidence in states that already have handgun purchase waiting periods, this bill -- on a nationwide scale -- can't help but stop thousands of illegal handgun purchases.

And, since many handguns are acquired in the heat of passion (to settle a quarrel, for example) or at times of depression brought on by potential suicide, the Brady bill would provide a cooling-off period that would certainly have the effect of reducing the number of handgun deaths.
I may not have agreed with Regan on a lot of things but he had a bit of class about him.

That is the thing about the conservatives now, Regan today would have been a RINO or a Democrat. Most likely a Democrat.

Obama already toughened gun laws, unannounced of course.

Has it helped?

Heck no.

What he really wants is to take away all private ownership. Period. Confiscate all guns from legal owners. That way nobody can stop him from killing cattle, or just taking our homes if he feels like it.

Which is complete irrelevant to the topic of this thread. You want to talk about this, start a thread on it. Does your mommy know you are on the Internet?

I'm just responding to the idiots who are responding to me and changing the topic, but I notice you only pick on me.....biased anyone?

And for your information, idiot, the article/source I posted here is relevant to your OP, unless you meant to say something else but somehow got confused, as usual.

No nit wit, it isn't. You have reading comprehension trouble too?

no. :cuckoo:

That's just brilliant.

Link?

It is a fact that Republicans/conservatives support the NRA and fight the idea of everyone having to register and get background checks to buy a gun.

How the violent mentally ill can buy guns
What police eventually discovered instead was a horrendous case that underscores how little the country's current gun laws can do to stop a mentally ill person from buying a gun -- even if, like Gerald Hume, they have a documented history of violence.
How the violent mentally ill can buy guns - CNN.com

Why the NRA fights background checks
Opinion Why the NRA fights background checks - CNN.com

Nonsense.

The NRA supports background checks. It's a good way to keep guns out of the hands of someone who had committed crimes in the past. It's not fullproof however.

Forum List

Back