How the GOP can win

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
These are not happy days for the angry little elephants. Gay marriage is now the law of the land, Republican attempts to restrict abortion are shot down by the high court on a regular basis, The Donald is sinking in the polls, The GOP is poised to lose seats in both the House and Senate, 3 years of frantic attempts by the right wing to saddle Hillary Clinton with illegal activity regarding Benghazi or her emails have turned into a great big nothing, and if that's not bad enough several high ranking republicans are now supporting Hillary Clinton for President. So...what's the bitter and divided GOP to do? Well, here are a few thoughts:

* Moderate your message: Taking a softer and friendlier tone with people (especially women) will gain votes.
Donald Trump's "in your face" attack style, and foul language has alienated Women, Latino's and Muslims. These people make of a huge block of voters, and the GOP will need more of them in order to win.

* Listen to your advisers: After Mitt Romney's loss in 2012 several GOP advisers said in order to win,
the GOP will need to attract more minority voters, or their future prospects to win back the White House are dim. Sadly, the GOP seems unwilling to listen to this sound counsel. Until they do, the road ahead will be a rocky one.

* Be Patient: It's not easy to do, but the voting public has mood swings. The mood will swing back to a more conservative one in time, but it won't happen overnight

* Focus on solutions, rather than attacking the other side. It's fun to attack, I know, but you'll gain more votes by solving problems, rather than trash talking others.

So...why am I telling you this? Because I'm a Liberal Democrat. The Liberals were in the same bitter, defeated, and divided state through the Reagan years, and I know what you're going through. I'm also telling you this, because though this advise is sound,and will work, Republicans on the whole are too stupid to follow it. All Republicans know how to do is get angry, curse, and sling mud at the Liberals. It won't work little elephants. Those smarty pants Liberals have have a better game plan than you and learned the hard way how to win! Can you say: MADAM PRESIDENT??:bang3:

Forum List

Back