How the World Can End Tomorrow

The left worships Science. That is my point.

They worship Evolution, not science.

Anyway, the ice on the moon evaporates to water vapor with no atmosphere. The same with ice on Mars. We can't really live orbiting the moon for more than a year or so. People would still need replenishment from Earth.

The other odd science about water I've discovered is that it is a universal solvent. While we all know that we need liquid water to survive, it being a solvent works against a prebiotic molecules and abiogenesis. A crushing death blow to abiogenesis :badgrin:?

The ice would evaporate into a pure water vapor. Gravity would keep in on the moon or on Mars. It is recoverable.

Anyway, the ice on the moon evaporates to water vapor with no atmosphere. The same with ice on Mars. We can't really live orbiting the moon for more than a year or so. People would still need replenishment from Earth.

The other odd science about water I've discovered is that it is a universal solvent. While we all know that we need liquid water to survive, it being a solvent works against a prebiotic molecules and abiogenesis. A crushing death blow to abiogenesis :badgrin:?

The ice would evaporate into a pure water vapor. Gravity would keep in on the moon or on Mars. It is recoverable.

Good show, my man. Now you're getting into the flow (pun intended). We could still be multi-planetary yet. Water to drink. Water to grow food. Water to make oxygen to breathe.

Gravity would keep in on the moon or on Mars.
Hmm, not so sure about that one. Where is the water on the Moon and Mars right now, then? On Mars, liquid quickly sublimates into atmosphere and drifts into space, blown away from Mars by the Cosmic wind (no magnetic field). Same for the Moon, minus the atmosphere. I don't see how it would be retained.

The OP is ridiculous. I would say these people believe anything the media tells them.

For one, we would know if a large asteroid was on a collision course. We would have time to do something to throw it off course. If that wasn't possible, a few of us can escape to a space station.
Good thing we have Jupiter one looking for a compatible planet.

When does Jupiter two lift off?

The OP is ridiculous. I would say these people believe anything the media tells them.

For one, we would know if a large asteroid was on a collision course. We would have time to do something to throw it off course. If that wasn't possible, a few of us can escape to a space station.

You’re a moron. LOL

I am the Pale Orc.
You’re an idiot.

I'm james bond, the international man of mystery. You're the idiot and I called it like I see 'em. Maybe you'll be lucky and the world ends on you first. Actually, we'll be the lucky ones. Bring me some glasses. Bring me some ice. Break out the champagne lol.

I am the Pale Orc.
You’re an idiot.

I'm james bond, the international man of mystery. You're the idiot and I called it like I see 'em. Maybe you'll be lucky and the world ends on you first. Actually, we'll be the lucky ones. Bring me some glasses. Bring me some ice. Break out the champagne lol.

Sean Connery is 100z
You’re old.

Good show, my man. Now you're getting into the flow (pun intended). We could still be multi-planetary yet. Water to drink. Water to grow food. Water to make oxygen to breathe.

We are still generations away from terra-forming planets. And self-sufficient colonies are a long, long way from being feasible.

We are still generations away from terra-forming planets. And self-sufficient colonies are a long, long way from being feasible.

Not terra-forming necessary. We have to excavate the ice carefully (before it evaporates) and bring it to some land station for treatment. Some of it will be transported to the space station I suppose. I'm going by what I saw in the Martian movie lol.

Not terra-forming necessary. We have to excavate the ice carefully (before it evaporates) and bring it to some land station for treatment. Some of it will be transported to the space station I suppose. I'm going by what I saw in the Martian movie lol.

As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, to have a viable genetic spread for a sustainable colony, you will need 50,000 people. You want to use the ice for water for 50k people, water to grow crops for 50k people, and to break down into oxygen and hydrogen to use the oxygen to breathe (and somehow add the other gases to create the proper 19.5% oxygen for breathable air). Even recycling the water that is a LOT of water. And considering the size of the structure needed, it would take a lot of oxygen.

As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, to have a viable genetic spread for a sustainable colony, you will need 50,000 people. You want to use the ice for water for 50k people, water to grow crops for 50k people, and to break down into oxygen and hydrogen to use the oxygen to breathe (and somehow add the other gases to create the proper 19.5% oxygen for breathable air). Even recycling the water that is a LOT of water. And considering the size of the structure needed, it would take a lot of oxygen.

I don't think you can have that many people. We are talking about a Space Family Robinson operation. Oh well, we're SOL. Cheers!

I don't think you can have that many people. We are talking about a Space Family Robinson operation. Oh well, we're SOL. Cheers!

Space Family Robinson would rely on the sister having her brother's baby. That would result in some serious birth defects in a few short generations, if not sooner.

Yes, in an asteroid hits the Earth we are SOL. I don't want that to happen. But if it does it does. Some things are beyond our capability to change in the next 100 years or so, at least.

Space Family Robinson would rely on the sister having her brother's baby. That would result in some serious birth defects in a few short generations, if not sooner.

Yes, in an asteroid hits the Earth we are SOL. I don't want that to happen. But if it does it does. Some things are beyond our capability to change in the next 100 years or so, at least.

First, I tried to put myself in your shoes as to your end of the world scenario. Like I said, I don't really put too much emphasis on an asteroid hit and don't think it will be a doomsday scenario. However, you do so that's how I thought. You were emotionally reacting to fear of the end of the world like anyone else.

I tried to get you to look at things more rationally instead of emotionally. It felt like I had to pull teeth just to get you to think about being multi-planetary. There are many things I see that make things difficult trying to live outside of Earth. I was trying to get you to think about these things. Just those things and not so much in relation to the doomsday crisis. There are little things that make living harder such as no atmosphere, lack of magnetic field, less gravity, lack of oxygen, lack of food, lack of water, and so on. We have to overcome these things and have them in place before we can deal with a doomsday crisis which may or may not happen. If we can do that, then we can generate better ideas and be better prepared to deal with a larger crisis.

You think it's a big problem and want some big solution. I have no idea if any of those things will work because we have no foundation or success in accomplishing those things. I mean it's been discussed and I heard of them, but who knows what a project of relocating 50,000 people will entail. My big idea was to try and knock the asteroid from its trajectory towards Earth, but I have no idea what that entails. It's just brainstorming.

So, when I said I had a Space Family Robinson concept, I wasn't referring to something like Noah's Ark haha. You assume I'm a creationist, so that's the way I think. That's ridiculous. I am a highly respected computer scientist and understand how to lead projects and get things done. What I meant was a smaller trial with fewer crew members to undertake a mission like living in orbit around the moon and trying to shuttle ice and try to survive on the moon, as well as the space station. It didn't have anything to do with solving your crisis.

But that's me. There may be someone who knows how to deal with these things, but I do not know who these people are. Maybe they work for NASA or some other space company. I've worked for Lockheed out of college and when the Hubble telescope was completed, but I worked payroll and HR. They had some sharp engineers and maybe they know of bigger and better solutions. In terms of the general public, I don't think we know much about being multi-planetary and what it entails.

First, I tried to put myself in your shoes as to your end of the world scenario. Like I said, I don't really put too much emphasis on an asteroid hit and don't think it will be a doomsday scenario. However, you do so that's how I thought. You were emotionally reacting to fear of the end of the world like anyone else.

I tried to get you to look at things more rationally instead of emotionally. It felt like I had to pull teeth just to get you to think about being multi-planetary. There are many things I see that make things difficult trying to live outside of Earth. I was trying to get you to think about these things. Just those things and not so much in relation to the doomsday crisis. There are little things that make living harder such as no atmosphere, lack of magnetic field, less gravity, lack of oxygen, lack of food, lack of water, and so on. We have to overcome these things and have them in place before we can deal with a doomsday crisis which may or may not happen. If we can do that, then we can generate better ideas and be better prepared to deal with a larger crisis.

You think it's a big problem and want some big solution. I have no idea if any of those things will work because we have no foundation or success in accomplishing those things. I mean it's been discussed and I heard of them, but who knows what a project of relocating 50,000 people will entail. My big idea was to try and knock the asteroid from its trajectory towards Earth, but I have no idea what that entails. It's just brainstorming.

So, when I said I had a Space Family Robinson concept, I wasn't referring to something like Noah's Ark haha. You assume I'm a creationist, so that's the way I think. That's ridiculous. I am a highly respected computer scientist and understand how to lead projects and get things done. What I meant was a smaller trial with fewer crew members to undertake a mission like living in orbit around the moon and trying to shuttle ice and try to survive on the moon, as well as the space station. It didn't have anything to do with solving your crisis.

But that's me. There may be someone who knows how to deal with these things, but I do not know who these people are. Maybe they work for NASA or some other space company. I've worked for Lockheed out of college and when the Hubble telescope was completed, but I worked payroll and HR. They had some sharp engineers and maybe they know of bigger and better solutions. In terms of the general public, I don't think we know much about being multi-planetary and what it entails.

I simply responded to the comments as they came. Becoming multi-planetary is something we are not capable of now or in the near future. The inevitability of an asteroid hitting Earth or a super volcano erupting is undeniable.

I am all for space exploration and funding NASA. But getting a functional population in a sustainable space habitat is not feasible now.

As for my emotional reaction to the doomsday scenarios, you could not be more wrong. I am unemotional where that is concerned. I think a planetary disaster is inevitable. But since there is no way we can say, with any certainty, when it will happen, I am not wasting my life worrying about it. The Sun will burn out too. But there is nothing we can do, so why worry?

I simply responded to the comments as they came. Becoming multi-planetary is something we are not capable of now or in the near future. The inevitability of an asteroid hitting Earth or a super volcano erupting is undeniable.

With not being able to escape gravity and facing the fine tuning facts (now there's a real mountain of evidence), you are probably right. However, we have to try and find out. It's better than looking for aliens. The least we'll end up with is rich people going on vacation in luxury space station hotels and shuttling to the moon, Mars, and Jupiter, and beyond.

I am all for space exploration and funding NASA. But getting a functional population in a sustainable space habitat is not feasible now.

It's the stuff of sci-fi, for now, anyway.

As for my emotional reaction to the doomsday scenarios, you could not be more wrong. I am unemotional where that is concerned. I think a planetary disaster is inevitable. But since there is no way we can say, with any certainty, when it will happen, I am not wasting my life worrying about it. The Sun will burn out too. But there is nothing we can do, so why worry?

That's what I was saying, but you were the one who kept wanting to talk about it. You wouldn't accept that it didn't happen in thousands of years. The actual evidence is the Earth still remains even with a gigantic hit. You said that you didn't want to sit in a chair with a shotgun pointed at you and not knowing when it will go off. Someone pointing a shotgun to you is more likely to happen. Others have taken advantage and have all sorts of doomsday scenarios by asteroid, supervolcanoes, tsunamis, etc. to scare the masses. Lesser scientists have come up to back this cockeyed story. Thus, someone higher up in the atheists/evo camp wants you believe an alternative doomsday scenario.

Forum List

Back